Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bugs and issues (spoilers)

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Elhoim
I don't quite understand what do you mean by "now". As far as I can tell there is no new path on GOG. Is there a new Steam-only patch? If yes, then when is it coming to GOG?

Now as in "I've fixed it 10 minutes ago" :P

We will upload a new version this week.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Elhoim
I don't quite understand what do you mean by "now". As far as I can tell there is no new path on GOG. Is there a new Steam-only patch? If yes, then when is it coming to GOG?

Now as in "I've fixed it 10 minutes ago" :P

We will upload a new version this week.

Thanks for quick answer, I've got another question. Is this the february update that was mentioned on the website? The latest update at GoG is from January 21.

Stormcrowfleet

Aeon & Star Interactive
Developer
I didn't read everything so I'm not sure if something similar was reported.

I created a new character and went to fight the thugs near the tent and fire (where the Mad Dogs can be seen later on). I used the corner of the building near the stair which has only 1 tile of movement to jam them to get them one by one. While I was fighting the first guys, the two throwers made the whole turn but not completely because they entered the hollow building without a rough just beside me and started attacking through the wall. So I was getting shot at through a wall.

Thanks.

Stormcrowfleet

Aeon & Star Interactive
Developer
Is it normal that you don't get 1 xp for each kill ? Just wondering. Sometimes I can kill 3 guys in a fight and still don't earn xp, or sometimes just 1 or 2.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Elhoim, I can get infinite civil skill points from the ordu keeper of tales with enough lore. +2 for each time I "translate", even though I already exhausted the dialogue tree.

I promise I totally didn't misuse this, especially not for lolcrafting or alchemical purposes :shittydog:

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Got a journal entry to speak to Carrinas about finding the temple after convincing him to break the siege and uniting Meru and Antidas, i.e. just after getting the First Sword achievement. However, the only dialogue option is 'Leave.' :(

Trashos

Arcane
[1.1.0.0172][The Raiders quest] Wrong journal entry and possibly wrong consequences after dealing with the bandits

I am a merchant and I received this quest from Dellar. I was asked to free the hostage at the Bandit camp outside Teron. I negotiated with Esbenus down to 500 coins for the hostage and then I lied to Dellar that I paid 1000. I succeeded in the quest.

I later noticed that my journal wrongly states that I killed the Raiders and freed the hostage. No, I didn't kill them. I visited the bandit camp again to see if the Raiders are still there, but they are not.

I have no save close to that point, I am afraid.

Trashos

Arcane
[1.1.0.0172][The Raiders quest] Wrong journal entry and possibly wrong consequences after dealing with the bandits

I am a merchant and I received this quest from Dellar. I was asked to free the hostage at the Bandit camp outside Teron. I negotiated with Esbenus down to 500 coins for the hostage and then I lied to Dellar that I paid 1000. I succeeded in the quest.

I later noticed that my journal wrongly states that I killed the Raiders and freed the hostage. No, I didn't kill them. I visited the bandit camp again to see if the Raiders are still there, but they are not.

I have no save close to that point, I am afraid.

Well, I just found out that the Bandits are still active in my game, so it is only a Journal bug.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Anyone else having issues with having to re-configure resolution and what not recently?

agris

Arcane
Patron
Anyone else having issues with having to re-configure resolution and what not recently?
Are you trying to play windowed in your monitor's native resolution? The engine doesn't support it.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
That's the thing, I try to set it at fullscreen, native res. I apply it and close, and when I open, it's back to windowed 1280:768.

agris

Arcane
Patron
try setting it to fullscreen first, save and exit, then change the resolution to native.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Was something big changed in the months since release? I played this game for 41 hours after release, no issues at all. Launched it today and a new game simply freezes and my old saves are all laggy and have low FPS.

Old One

Arcane
Was something big changed in the months since release? I played this game for 41 hours after release, no issues at all. Launched it today and a new game simply freezes and my old saves are all laggy and have low FPS.
I installed the newest GOG.com version before my recent playthrough, and I had serious lagging issues if I set "Lighting" to "Highest." If I set to "High" instead, AoD is very smooth, even with everything else maxed out. I'd start by checking that setting.

Now for my bug: I managed to convince Raenas (Paullus's subordinate) to give me some soldiers without doing the quest he usually gives me to convince his centurions to support me. However, when I talk to the centurions they still give me their tasks as though I were trying to gain their support.

Also, I recommend a review of all instances of all forms of the word "slay" occurring in AoD's text:

I slay dragons.
I will slay the dragon.
I am slaying the dragon.
I slew the dragon.
I have slain the dragon.
The dragon has been slain.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
I did the right thing. I knew what it was.
I only did it because you get the skillpoints anyway though.

ps: props for dat daratan praetor "questline" past Teron

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
ps: props for dat daratan praetor "questline" past Teron

I haven't done a Daratan Praetor yet, and it was not one of my priorities. So you are saying it is good?
There is no questline for Daratan Praetors after Teron, that's the joke. You have to make do on the sidequests and stuff that in other questlines everybody can do. No quests, no money, no skillpoints, no training. When you arrive in Maadoran and speak with Galius you'll be imprisoned for being a Daratan Praetor, then you kill the assassins (or not) and can join Galius or stay true to Daratan. If you join Galius you will have the Aurelian questline as Praetor - if not, well, have fun with the sidequests everybody else can also do.

tl:dr I was being sarcastic

valcik

Arcane
Five pounds of blue steel I've brought with me to Caer Tor are not removed from my inventory during the Raenas' quest.

edit:
Took screenshot. Option 2; Diocletus would accept my offer, correctly promise his support, and doesn't remove any blue steel offered.
http://i.imgur.com/mBK4LFC.jpg
GOG 1.2.0.0123

Last edited:

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
There is no questline for Daratan Praetors after Teron, that's the joke. You have to make do on the sidequests and stuff that in other questlines everybody can do. No quests, no money, no skillpoints, no training. When you arrive in Maadoran and speak with Galius you'll be imprisoned for being a Daratan Praetor, then you kill the assassins (or not) and can join Galius or stay true to Daratan. If you join Galius you will have the Aurelian questline as Praetor - if not, well, have fun with the sidequests everybody else can also do.

tl:dr I was being sarcastic

You are *wrong*.

It seems you never tried the "(or not)" option. I won't say anything more, so you can experience it, but it's a questline in Maadoran (2 quests that change the fate of HA).

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, the Daratan quest line in Maadoran is brilliant.
I laughed my ass off at the end. "Clearly House Daratan doesn't pay you enough"

Just wish there was an option to try and ally with IG after that, but makes sense that there isn't one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom