Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[BUG] Bugged Containers

First, I must add that I actually find these bugged containers quite useful because I can simply dump all the unwanted items in them and they will be gone forever. That is a huge relief from all the useless junk that accumulates all over the place. So maybe, an option to discard/trash an entire loot drop that you drop would be quite very useful, Styg?

Here is a list of the bugged containers so far as I have progressed in the game. I have yet to hit DC.

These containers, while empty anyway, seem to default to a pre-loot state as soon as you transition to another area and back. Their labels won't show (empty) and whatever you put in them will be gone when you come back. Two of the containers also respawn their contents. They are shown with the container inventory open:

Buzzer's Shop
TqkWPSE.jpg

Drop Zone
2yeDKi4.jpg

Drop Zone
Fmp5OqE.jpg

Drop Zone
rDjdd1x.jpg

Drop Zone
PwJR1ap.jpg

Core City Merchants Area
3bt4qA0.jpg

Outside The Talloski Manor
MudrhdH.jpg

Upper Underrail Free Drones Underpassage
TRBqvHP.jpg

Upper Underrail Institute of Tchort
QCoA4y6.jpg

East of Foundry
e5MxTVK.jpg

South of Foundry and Ironheads Area
H7xIk7s.jpg

Ironhead Area
mvub7C7.jpg

Ironhead Area
unQLel7.jpg

Under-passages
phLkt5b.jpg

Under-passages
sF3UiVd.jpg

Under-passages
3Jgjo6R.jpg

South of Core City Lower Level
TIjVCiJ.jpg

Additionally;

Missing Label (unless intentional?) - Core City Oligarchs Level Easternmost Area
2l7isSq.jpg

There is at least one more area with missing labels which I have previously brought up here for weirdly low performance. edit: see next post

And on an unrelated note, this cracked wall with the impossible to pick locked door (by the GMS Compound entry) made me curious. I seem to half-remember that it could be blown away in one of the early releases but that might just be my memory playing me.

WKfHMXF.jpg

Finally, do please consider my suggestion to trash loot drops. Junk accumulation is killing me! And if not, add or leave a few containers with the express purpose of discarding items!

Last edited:
Went through the entire Junkyard - Mushroom Cove - Outposts - Crossroad Caves - Camp Hathor areas and found one more container that respawns content and loses what you put into it, which is actually one of the unlabeled containers I linked to above:

BYIxhkJ.jpg

By the way, the performance hit I mentioned in this area happens only when I pan the map with mouse.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom