Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News Brother None is leaving Gamebanshee, joins InXile

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I already wished the best for Brother None, but I'll reiterate that he cares a lot about gaming, and the world would be a lot better if we had more people like him. Regardless of any game design experience he may or may not have, he has the right mindset to do good things, and the ability to think critically, something that is definitely valuable in any situation. I'm glad he is getting the chance to work for a company that values those sorts of qualities.

And "exclusive" interviews and previews and beta testing. Can't forget those, nope.

Not likely. Apparently, GameBanshee has been blacklisted by Bioware since pronouncing Mass Effect as "Disappointment of the Year".
I wasn't around at GameBanshee then, however, I have consistently said some pretty critical things about BioWare and BioWare games, albeit more so in my own personal articles. Regardless of past events I'm pretty sure I'm on their blacklist of my own volition by now.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Brother None said:
You may have heard that I have joined inXile as a line producer, working on the production and community end for both Wasteland 2 and Torment: Tides of Numenera. I'll be doing a lot of day-to-day grind stuff to perfect internal and external communication, get the Torment Kickstarter perfected, work on sorting through the backers of Wasteland 2, and doing public communication and community stuff for both titles.

The sad thing of it is that this creates a conflict of interest situation for my work here at GameBanshee that I'm not entirely comfortable with. Even if I avoid writing about anything inXile-related, there's still too great a chance of bias seeping in when I'm looking at other games in the RPG genre. I'd certainly like to keep writing about games, but this kind of colored commentary does not fit the standards GameBanshee sets for itself.
Thankfully the Codex has no such standards so BN can write all sorts of coloured reviews for us any-time he likes.

... I just take payment in GOG vouchers.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Gamebanshee's dead now.

:(

I always liked BN's reviews at Gamebanshee.

And I liked writing 'em. I'll be perfectly frank and say that even though I haven't written that much for well over a year now, and was an infrequent contributor at best, I really, really liked writing for GB and the depth to which Buck would let me dig into games. I'm gonna miss it. Part of my just wanted to keep going with it but sadly the "ethics" part of my won out.

Ethics in the game journalism industry? :monocle shatter:

A user named cat

URqsh1l.png

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
:lol:

It would be even creepier if you had him grabbing a phallic-shaped Fargo coming out of his zippers.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Tell Fargo he should try his hand at an open world ARPG a la Gothic since PB is full of fail now. They did 3D stuff with Hunted... they just have to get rid of the crappy on-rails console design and over-the-shoulder perspective.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
:killit:

Seriously? What sane person would want that? :decline:
Yeah. Filthy (often "minority") shitheads selling drugs to your kids. Truly awesome.

Actually most of the coffee shops i visited while there had mostly white people selling drugs (i know... crazy huh?), the whores on the other hand, lots of magnificent colors to choose from the displays.

G.O.D

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
:killit:

Seriously? What sane person would want that? :decline:
Yeah. Filthy (often "minority") shitheads selling drugs to your kids. Truly awesome.

Actually most of the coffee shops i visited while there had mostly white people selling drugs (i know... crazy huh?), the whores on the other hand, lots of magnificent colors to choose from the displays.

I'm not just talking about the coffee shops, but also the streets. And i didn't specifically want to emphasize ethic background, but that's just what i noticed.

But Brayko is right. This is not the place for this discussion. Just wanted to make that statement.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Fair enough, anyways... and back on topic. I always found weird the concept of working from home the entire day, i figure that in my case it would be highly unproductive, has anyone here have any experience with that?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom