Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News Brother None is leaving Gamebanshee, joins InXile

Luzur

Good Sir
does Brother None even post here anymore? not seen anything recent from him.

Black

Arcane
Welp, now if WL2 turns out shitty we have a scapegoat for lynching.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Thanks guys.

I hope you can contribute to the development of W2 and Torment 2
WL2 is pretty much wrapped up design-wise so nah, but I am (very) tentatively involved in Torment on the writer/design end, and go through their ever-growing design library to sort ideas and give feedback if needed. But as you can imagine that's very up in the air coz the game's not even funded yet, so that's stuff we'll figure out once it's actually on rails.

This is a Stanley Woo kind of job right?

Does that mean you will expat?
I dunno, what was Woo? Community manager? That's not really what I am.

I mean yeah, it's one part of my job, but inXile isn't exactly of a size where they can afford to hire one dedicated community manager fulltime. At inXile everyone tends to wear more than one hat, and I'm no exception. My primary focus right now is probably Torment & the prep for its Kickstarter, but I'm also assisting Chris on some WL2-backer end stuff, and no doubt will eventually be asked to do beta coordination and QA stuff. Entry-level stuff for an entry-level producer. That's what makes the most sense right now, but we'll look to build it out more if Torment is a success and my job is more secure.

Oh and I work from home, in the Netherlands. Heh. A bunch of inXile employees work from home. It's cheap!

Sam Ecorners

Arcane
Patron
buckgb said:
It's very sad to see you go, Thomas, but ultimately I can't think of a better person that Mr. Fargo could have picked for the role. You're well-mannered, even-tempered, articulate, and you've already been deeply entrenched in the RPG community for many years. I have the utmost confidence that you will prosper in your new position over at inXile - just don't forget about all of us little guys ;).
I have the utmost confidence that you will prosper
you will prosper

BN is prosper? BN is a prosper larva?
:retarded:

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
This is great news, now mister None can use his psychic powers and "affect" Brian, Kevin, Colin & Co. to lean more and more towards turnbased combat for TToN until they feel it is the only viable choice. ;)

Congrats, man.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Congrats BN. Must be a dream come true for you!
Eh. A job's a job.

In all honesty, I never regarded "game developer" as some kind of dream job or ultimate goal. I wrote on vidya games coz I enjoyed writing on vidya games, and helped out Brian a lot with Wasteland 2 because it was fun and I believe in the project. I never planned to work in this industry because honestly this industry is kind of ass.

But Brian's always on the lookout for talent and a fan of my contributions, just like I'm a fan of what they are doing, so it just made sense. I don't think there's many other companies I would've joined, tbh, inXile is in a pretty unique, great position (if things work out). Aside from them though, I can't say the video game industry ever struck me as a particularly attractive industry to work in.

Stabwound

Arcane
I can't say I'm not a little bit jelly. My 13+ years of forum posting hasn't amounted to jack shit yet. :smug:

Xavier0889

Learned
HqMxW.png

Someone with photoshop skills could do wonders with this one

tumblr_mibqapjvnQ1rqseloo1_500.jpg

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It's a shitty industry but, yeah, working for Fargo is something different. Not like he signed on to be a wage slave at EA or Blizzard with basically no future/upward mobility. Plus since he works from home he can wear his pajamas all day~

tindrli

Arcane
Oh and I work from home, in the Netherlands. Heh. A bunch of inXile employees work from home. It's cheap!

so no insider "leaks" about how inxile is a den of cocaine addiction and whores...

:rpgcodex:

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Congrats BN. Must be a dream come true for you!
Eh. A job's a job.

In all honesty, I never regarded "game developer" as some kind of dream job or ultimate goal. I wrote on vidya games coz I enjoyed writing on vidya games, and helped out Brian a lot with Wasteland 2 because it was fun and I believe in the project. I never planned to work in this industry because honestly this industry is kind of ass.

But Brian's always on the lookout for talent and a fan of my contributions, just like I'm a fan of what they are doing, so it just made sense. I don't think there's many other companies I would've joined, tbh, inXile is in a pretty unique, great position (if things work out). Aside from them though, I can't say the video game industry ever struck me as a particularly attractive industry to work in.

Maybe now with your influence we can get the Hunted: The Demon's Forge sequel we all so desperately crave.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Torment: The Demon's Forge with Gears of War-style gameplay? :troll:

so no insider "leaks" about how inxile is a den of cocaine addiction and whores...
Well, I am a "line" producer. Knowwhatimsayin'. But that's under NDA, obviously >_> <_<

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
:(

I always liked BN's reviews at Gamebanshee. His and Eric's articles were among the best I've read...

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Gamebanshee's dead now.

:(

I always liked BN's reviews at Gamebanshee.

And I liked writing 'em. I'll be perfectly frank and say that even though I haven't written that much for well over a year now, and was an infrequent contributor at best, I really, really liked writing for GB and the depth to which Buck would let me dig into games. I'm gonna miss it. Part of my just wanted to keep going with it but sadly the "ethics" part of my won out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom