Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bros, I am enjoying Lionheart.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
It uses, as everyone knows, the SPECIAL system. I rolled some battlemage build with slight speech abilities build. I was a bit worried when I read threads about it here, but then I grinded a bit, read some dialogues in Barcelona solved most of the shit throgh speech skill, put some monsters and wolves to death in the woods etc.

Why exactly is this game said to be so mediocre? I have read all the (4 page with small text - which is a lot for these days) lore and it seems to be decent for me and that is coming from someone who does not give a shit about history.

When exactly does the game turn into shit ? I have at this point made myself aquainted with all the factions and am level 9, forgive me to say , but its fun. The art direction is very nice, I enjoy that the area outside my FoV is turned black/white, that I can solve most of the battles in a few seconds, etc. Sure, most of the dialogue is not very advanced, but it delivers what I expect to see when I have a speech skill higher than the usual moron. 2 quests actually got me killed by following popamole straightforward "tactics".

So, when is this game turning into shit? Becuase I thin at this point, it's really fun. :(

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It uses, as everyone knows, the SPECIAL system. I rolled some battlemage build with slight speech abilities build. I was a bit worried when I read threads about it here, but then I grinded a bit, read some dialogues in Barcelona solved most of the shit throgh speech skill, put some monsters and wolves to death in the woods etc.

Why exactly is this game said to be so mediocre? I have read all the (4 page with small text - which is a lot for these days) lore and it seems to be decent for me and that is coming from someone who does not give a shit about history.

When exactly does the game turn into shit ? I have at this point made myself aquainted with all the factions and am level 9, forgive me to say , but its fun. The art direction is very nice, I enjoy that the area outside my FoV is turned black/white, that I can solve most of the battles in a few seconds, etc. Sure, most of the dialogue is not very advanced, but it delivers what I expect to see when I have a speech skill higher than the usual moron. 2 quests actually got me killed by following popamole straightforward "tactics".

So, when is this game turning into shit? Becuase I thin at this point, it's really fun. :(

Where the beginning of the game is indeed somewhat good. There are quests, factions and you can actually survive without optimized combat build. When you leave Barcelona though, the shit hits the proverbial fan. Prepare for a badly done Diablo rip off with an engine and stat system that do not allow for it. I rage quited a short while after leaving the city, but maybe you'll have a different experience. I wouldn't bet on it though.

Shadenuat

Arcane
If I remember correctly, Barcelona is the best part of the game. After that, game turns into "finishing line", like mutant base in Fallout, Fortress of Regrets in Planescape, or, which is more close to the matter, the last desert-and-evil-lair run in Divine Divinity I.

Bitcher1

Cipher
There's one more city in the game with some quests which don't simply equate to slashing your way through. After that maybe one or two interesting NPCs and that's really it. The rest is a tiresome grind with crappy combat system and lazily designed areas and encounters. You can use persuasion with some bosses but putting enough points in it to be useful will gimp your char substantially so what's the point of that?
I should know, I've finished it. I'm a sucker for crappy RPGs. (also finished The Fall which I actually consider quite fun and got really far into Descent of Undermountain)

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz

Where the beginning of the game is indeed somewhat good. There are quests, factions and you can actually survive without optimized combat build. When you leave Barcelona though, the shit hits the proverbial fan. Prepare for a badly done Diablo rip off with an engine and stat system that do not allow for it. I rage quited a short while after leaving the city, but maybe you'll have a different experience. I wouldn't bet on it though.

OMG, is it really so bad? Why does it even show the BI logo at the start? :o I am really liking the game somehow and I dont want to have it turn into shit. :(

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
OMG, is it really so bad? Why does it even show the BI logo at the start? :o I am really liking the game somehow and I dont want to have it turn into shit. :(
it's actually worse because you see that the maps were intended for more than just filler combat and remain unused because they ran out of muniez.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
If I remember correctly, Barcelona is the best part of the game. After that, game turns into "finishing line", like mutant base in Fallout, Fortress of Regrets in Planescape, or, which is more close to the matter, the last desert-and-evil-lair run in Divine Divinity I.
The mutant base in Fallout was fine, there's plenty of skill use opportunities and you can avoid combat entirely with robes. :rpgcodex:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I finished it. Twice. It was quite interesting to figure out which skills work and which doesn't. Kinda like AoD.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
I should know, I've finished it. I'm a sucker for crappy RPGs. (also finished The Fall which I actually consider quite fun and got really far into Descent of Undermountain)
Yeah, well I finished Descent to Undermountain (a couple times) and it was 5x the game Lionheart was. I think I blocked out of my brain the final couple of hours, Lionheart was so bad.Think I lost my sanity about the time you meet the spectre of Joan of Arc (or something.) For some reason, that stands out.

Wonder if someone could buy the rights to Lionheart, finish up the GUI, cut the game in half, put it on Steam for $5. Then, with any additional funds brought it, add more content on. That game could have been something special, that is what lead to the bitterness.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Perhaps Obsidian can get the lionheart license for a song

Or shit, just clone it. That setting has potential.

Also Surf Solar get back here and tell us of your pain

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
RIP Surf Solar
dead-at-computer-172157.jpg

RK47

Patron
:rpgcodex: It's fun for fuck sake. Just because you're too casual for it doesn't mean it sucks. Gtfo casuals.

RK47

Patron
:p u shd buy me games then, cow-kun. :oops:

Snufkin

Augur
This game became a dungeon crawl fest after a while, but I don't regret finishing it. After all it was nice challange, ending area was hard even for my power gamer char. I think armor class is very important, with high ac and evasion skill you won't get hit much.

RK47

Patron
I remember one armor healed me when i was hit from range. That was pretty :smug: moment for me since archers actually HEALED me.

RK47

Patron
*holds on to Snufkin tightly*

You can't have him! He's mine! :mad:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom