Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline BROFORCE

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Well play the brototype and it's still the same. Maybe a couple extra bros, coop mode and map editor IIRC. The new missions are okay, included a couple of new bosses and enemies.

brototype is p. fun on 2 players mode, the other player can go ahead and "revive" you when rescuing a hostage

most of the deaths are caused by one player going to far ahead and preventing the other from seeing where he's going, or dropping rubble on him :)

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
even that negative review makes me kinda want to play it.
Negative reviews on Steam are borderline retarded. They're one of two:
  • 6 minutes played. "This game is crap and doesn't work right on my Intel GMA laptop"
  • 64 hours played. "This game is terrible and gets repetitive and boring quite fast"
They are up there with youtube comments and App/Play Store reviews.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I bought this game on Steam a couple of weeks ago. Normally I'd scream madness at anyone who throws $15 at a game that isn't even finished yet, but I played the Brototype and I loved it. I want to see what they have planned for a "full game".

Broforce is up there in terms of games in recent YEARS that I've enjoyed the most. Even the Brototype was a strong contender for GOTY of 2013.

Last edited:

sser

Arcane
Developer
Played the Brototype. Any reason to buy the full game?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/579019461570262983/BE7508C9289EFC9BDC783B08117B00CE57BD2444/

BE7508C9289EFC9BDC783B08117B00CE57BD2444

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Bo0P-PoCMAAzgat.png

Broforce update.

3 new bros:

Broniversial Soldier that has a lame gun but can create zombie troopers from fallen bodies.
Brocop that has a mean little machine gun and can slow down time.
Chuck Norris gets his second Bro with James Broddock, using grenades with impunity.

Yes, and ridable mechs and the world map, where I spent 5 minutes chasing down birds in da choppa because... well, it chops them down.

Last edited:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
The new bros really take some getting used to, but the Broniversal Soldier adds an interesting dimension to the game.

A user-generated level named "Necromancer" sets up some basic levels where your Bro is trapped inside a cage, but can use his Resurrection power to revive nearby dead mooks outside of the cage... and you must control them to complete the various objectives.

Playing as a dog certainly was an interesting experience.

Now all the game needs is a Bro that can cloak/disguise as a mook and then it should be pretty well covered.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Pros from the Brototype:

# Several new bros.
# The campaign now has a world map that details your progress through the levels.
# Online gameplay.
# Several different gameplay modes.
# User-generated levels.

Cons:

# The main campaign is mostly unchanged. If you've played it already you might be somewhat disappointed.
# Gameplay hasn't changed that much from the Brototype.

My opinion: If you played the Brototype, there might be little reason to buy it AS IS. It's still in development but is scheduled to be released this year.
Otherwise... if you enjoy run 'n' gun games, good multiplayer, mindless carnage and have fond memories of the action films from 25-35 years ago... BUY THIS GAME NOW!

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Broforce update:

New Bro: "Cherry Broling" from Planet Terror. You know, the onel with the MACHINE GUN FOR A LEG.
Lots of little fixes, mostly for the Mac.
One HUGE downside - they redid the voice work for the mooks and the announcer. They sound AWFUL now, like Gremlins or goblins or somesuch.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
:kwafuckyeah:
Somebody should adjust the name of this thread accordingly

Last edited:

Farage

Arcane
Patron
It's not bad but it sure is confusing.
Everything happens way too fast and the retro graphics does not fit in the 60 fps from Unity.
It feels like the game doesn't really care about you thinking before you do shit, just die and retry over and over cause GOTTA GO FAST.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom