Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline BROFORCE

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Played around a bit with user-made levels with the new Alien content. This game jumped sharply in difficulty. The bog-standard alien is only a threat at close range, and the big Brute is a fun opponent, but it's the facehuggers and the acid blood that make things challenging, not to mention all the new terrain hazards like chomping mouths, spikes and rubber tiles.

The facehuggers can, like the aliens, walk on the walls and ceiling and jump a good distance, to the point of ignoring your attacks and killing you with predictable results. And if there are a lot of aliens the floor will slowly melt away, and some level authors seem to fail to take that into account. One level starts out with a couple of facehuggers and the new alien mini-boss which spews LOTS of floor-melting acid. It won't take long for solid footing to become a luxury - which is where another problem rears its head. The alien miniboss, if encountered on flat terrain, is only really beatable by a couple of bros. I think the best approach is to try to jump into the "nook" of the boss and attack him there 'till he drops, but getting there is easier said than done.

The new final boss has a very Contra/Metroid vibe to it, and the hinted Big Boss even more so.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
And they just released the Alien Infestation #2 update.

Again, no new bros, but they tweaked a few of the existing ones. Mad Max's boomerang, for example, now hovers in mid-air before returning, acting like a sawblade in the meantime.

New Alien baddies got introduced, a bombadier parasite (makes a mess) an acid-dripping egg that explodes if shot at, and a mini-boss that'll have people running home to mommy.

Finally, the campaign has plenty of more missions on that secret island to the southwest.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
New update. Lots of bugfixes, not much of new content, except for...

THE BRODATOR!

CEf6qzOUIAAF26G.png

Easily the most powerful Bro to date. His primary is a rapid-fire, long-range speargun which impales mooks to walls. This can be charged up Mega-Buster style to make for a penetrating shot that really messes things up.

His special is even better. He cloaks for about 6 seconds, and during that time his plasma caster kicks in and auto-targets and dispatches nearby enemies.

But unlike other bros, he doesn't just die. Oh no...

Coming up in future updates, Broforce goes to Hell to fight undead mooks and demons, the Brofessional (Léon) is next up on the Brolist, and the game's official release is this summer!

EDIT: HOLY CRAP! Try knifing a mook while under a roof...

Last edited:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Just in time for 4th of July a.k.a. Freedom's birthday, comes a new Broforce update.

I'll just let the video speak for itself:

I tried playing it, and got my very first CTD for the game. They've already stated that "Part 2" of the update will be released tomorrow, so hold off until then to play.

Also, Broforce is 33% off for the weekend. GO! GO! GO!

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
New Broforce update - seems minor at first (mostly bugfixes and minor visual enhancements) but they did add a new bro - Léon the Brofessional.

At first he seems kinda meh - his gun has a short range and his Special seems to be a wave of sorts that targets all enemies in its path, then they're gunned down seemingly out of nowhere (probably by an off-screen Matilda).

It's his melee attack though that shows his true strength - he can teleport short distances, even through walls! And he can direct that teleport like Neobro. Half the custom-made maps ever released for Broforce just became obsolete overnight. :)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They sure did take their time on this game. Hope it'll be worth it.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
They're adding the Hell campaign to the full release. Unkillable mooks are go!

It's been "worth it" for over 2 years now. It's also the first game that I see on Steam with "Overwhelmingly Positive" reviews.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They're adding the Hell campaign to the full release. Unkillable mooks are go!

It's been "worth it" for over 2 years now. It's also the first game that I see on Steam with "Overwhelmingly Positive" reviews.

I don't mean if the game is worth it for us - I meant, if the extra time and money they spent is worth it for them.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
I vote it 2015 GOTY right here, right now.

...it's a start of whether it was "worth it" for them. :)

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Broforce shows us that Konami can take Contra and get fucked. I played it a year or so ago and it played great then. I don't understand them adding Predator as a playable character really unless it's a special mode though. He doesn't seem like the type of guy to bro down. Looking forward to doing some co-op.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
I don't understand them adding Predator as a playable character really unless it's a special mode though. He doesn't seem like the type of guy to bro down.

One of the main themes of Broforce (at least at the start) was to make a gigantic tribute to the 1980s action films. (Other decades swiftly followed.) Excluding the Predator film would be a bit of a crime as it's one of THE most testorerone-laden films ever made. Sadly Schwarzenegger's character in the film doesn't bring anything to the table, gameplay-wise...but the Predator sure does. So I can understand their decision on that front. Besides, he IS the film's main protagonist, and probably the only "baddie" worthy of being included.

The only bro I don't "get" is the Brocketeer. He really doesn't bring anything new to the table. He has the weakest primary in the game which his extended jump and Special can't compensate for. He's all but useless in boss fights.

(One Bro that reached Beta-testing but was later discontinued was Seth Brondle from The Fly. His primary was the acid spit that the Aliens use, but his special was a teleport ability similar to what the Brofessional uses. He was left out because the acid spit was insanely powerful and ususally tore up the levels faster than it did the mooks.

They're also hoping to release The Bro With No Name later on. Yes, Broforce will have post-release support, but they haven't stated whether it'll be DLCs.)

sser

Arcane
Developer
Cool. Played this a long time ago when it was pretty barebones. Even then it was fun as fuck. Hope the multiplayer netcode has improved for release.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
And it's out.

A LOT of spit and polish has been added. Vehicles have a new look, new terrain has been added, the world map has been improved to be...round. Has Broforce invaded your part of the world today?!?

Keep an eye on the country names and you might spot a country that, according to Broforce sources, is in fact a country. ;)

And dat cutscene...you'll know it when you see it. (And laugh.)

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
"Press Fire to pay respects."

:smug:

That endboss is hard...and the achievements expect us to be able to finish the campaign WITHOUT LOSING A LIFE!?!

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
If you like "Run'n'Gun" games, this is the game for you.

If you like cheesy 80s films, this is THE game for you.

If you like games that don't take themselves seriously for one single moment, this game will entertain you.

If you like a game where you get to kill everyone and blow shit up, this is most definetely the game for you.

I even see a reason to use this:

:d1p:

There's even a Fallout 1-esque alternate ending if you do not stop killing after the final battle.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
So they've updated the game at least 4 times today...and somehow manage to introduce new bugs into each update.

Currently (but probably not for long) it's impossible to finish the main campaign as a scripted event involving a downed helicopter doesn't play properly - SEVERAL downed helicopters appear, with one of them spawning right beneath you, meaning you die during the scripted event, every single time. :/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom