Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Breaking News! Gaider is no longer working at Bioware.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
That sucks. I like when all the sucky console bitches that couldn't make an worth playing rpg if their life depended on it are consolidated at Bioware, Bethesda, etc. Hopefully he isn't picked up by a real rpg developer so he can ruin games I would otherwise be interested in playing.

CrustyBot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Out with the old, in with the new. BioWare's writing style and design philosophy is so locked down that I can't imagine there would be an appreciable difference in their games. But I wonder if their next public face will be as arrogant or hostile when dealing with the drones and fan communities.

Either way, can't help but smile.

:thumbsup:

Stokowski

Arcane
My time of caring about this particular drama-queen has mostly passed, but he appears to have lost some weight. Good for him. It's really unfortunate when mental health problems are compounded by physical ones.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
But I wonder if their next public face will be as arrogant or hostile when dealing with the drones and fan communities.

Gaider was never Bioware's public face, that was Chris Priestly.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
He was just the most talkative dev on the forums, the Josh Sawyer of Bioware in that regard. These kinds are few and far between.

pippin

Out with the old, in with the new. BioWare's writing style and design philosophy is so locked down that I can't imagine there would be an appreciable difference in their games. But I wonder if their next public face will be as arrogant or hostile when dealing with the drones and fan communities.

The first point is true though, just like Bethesda, Bio makes one kind of game. Even when opening their usually closed environments, like they did with da:i, you still feel you're playing a Bioware game. Besides, their corporate image is too established and changing that would be too risky in terms of business making.

The second point, well, let's just say that even Biodrones hate the Bioware forum sometimes.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
I'm sure there are plenty of high profile devs posting under fake names on the Codex.

kwanzabot

Cipher
Shitposter
he was ugly and he seemed like a moron

still wont buy any of their games :p

maybe he'll make a living doing his 2nd favorite thing: sucking cock

imweasel

I saw this coming after Bioware's latest and greatest high fantasy beastiality simulator. Which also probably flopped.

Laidlaw and Darrah will be the next to go.

Buh bye, fag. :salute:

:dgaider:

kwanzabot

Cipher
Shitposter
i'd honestly feel bad about talking shit about him since he probably had a hard time growing up looking like that but the dude is such a dipshit makes it even better

i think the office could of kept going if they hired gaider to replace steve carell

pippin

Well if Tim Cain quits the gaming industry he'll always have cooking shows.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

He's still in Edmonton. Unless there's some secret new start-up, it's pretty much an open secret that he's at Beamdog now.

Baldur's Gate 3 imminent? :smug:

pippin

bg3 would have to use 5th ed. rules. Going from the old system to this one would feel a little weird, although I seriously doubt they are that dumb to include characters from the old games in a probable sequel. At the end of BG2 you're a God and your friends are demigods. They could do what Bio did in Dragon Age and give you a new character that could meet the bhaalspawn.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Would be cool if WOTC forbid them from using sword coast. It's the only way to not have yet another game set on that stretch of land.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Minsc is actually appearing in a D&D comic that'll start this April. In the mini released a couple of years ago he kept mistaking someone for one of the Beamdog NPCs, so that's canon now.

tumblr_ngh4b2IHnS1sr3mmgo1_500.png

Oh and to how he's still around

The current year in the Forgotten Realms is more than a century after the events of the Baldur’s Gate video games. The adventure module Murder in Baldur’s Gate made a point of stating that while Minsc’s fate is unknown, a statue of him and his hamster stands in the city. After one of Delina’s wild magic surges goes awry, that isn’t the case anymore. The surge strikes Minsc’s statue, bringing it to life.

Last edited:

pippin

I knew about the Minsc comic but I think that was more related to the EEs and with 5th ed hype in general, at least in the Dragon+ app the EEs received plenty of advertising from what I can remember. We'll have to wait for more rumors.

Would be cool if WOTC forbid them from using sword coast. It's the only way to not have yet another game set on that stretch of land.

How about the Icewind Dale? That way you can play as your husbando Drizzt! :smug:

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Last edited:

Theldaran

Liturgist
What I want is The Black Hound being revamped and finally released. What I've heard about the game seems cool. Not a proper BG entry and probably not a proper FR game, though.

Oh, and since we're on it, KotOR 3.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom