Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Boxart. Name your favourite.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
X-COM_Enemy_Unknown_PS1_Cover.jpg

X-com Playstation. The cover made me rent the game, and what a game it was (still is). The loading times was horrible though :)

Such a brilliant game, and yet...

1000px-X-COM_-_UFO_Defense_Coverart.jpg

Not so nice box covers.

Which one is better and why? Discuss! :smug:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
schleichfahrt, the "white person eats indian dinner-fart", opens the butt-cheeks wide in a steady stream of death, hence the 'schleich'. occasionally causes tiny spaceships to appear.

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
Archimedean Dynasty was awesome. Here's another futuristic submarine game cover:
6fmVY9P.jpg

some spece combat game covers I like:
yqVwH4U.jpg

YPVRWIp.jpg

mOYZL10.jpg

The game wasn't too good but I love that boxart.

euuuX3Y.jpg

XFS5TV5.jpg

Wing Commanderu. Better than the western one.

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
Independence War has some very nice art and sweet looking ships.
y1lGhNo.png

eybzeYe.jpg

QL2hjQp.jpg

This is the European cover (at least the one they sold in potatoland)
jSWLsC0.jpg

Couldn't find a bigger one.

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
The original art for Another World is awesome, it takes a special kind of retard to replace it with some piece of shit saturday morning cartoon stuff.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
The original art for Another World is awesome, it takes a special kind of retard to replace it with some piece of shit saturday morning cartoon stuff.

If I remember correctly, Eric Chahi did the original box art himself to avoid it looking stupid. Of course when Interplay got involved to distribute the game to other countries and consoles, they insisted to redo the cover themselves to be more appealing and also have a new soundtrack.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron

pippin

Everything about Another World is awesome. The atmosphere is enigmatic, and the fact that none of the characters are extremely detailed adds to that. It's like you "complete" them with your imagination. It certainly feels like a french comic book, which is something I absolutely love.
Truly one of my favorite game of all times.

Last edited by a moderator:

mastroego

Arcane
The origins of it all. So many great games.
Great box art, good gameplay, a minimum amount of pixels and we were able to dream.
What happened from there to gay elves?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom