Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Boxart. Name your favourite.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Do any of you gentlemen know if any of these box covers are available online in high resolution, all nicely ordered in one place, so that they may be printed and turned into posters? Been looking for something to put on my bare, depressing walls. Guess my best bet is google images, though...

Dunno if you're an adventure games fan or not but there's this pretty awesome post at the ScummVM forums with images of the old classics (and some recent ones too) at resolutions high enough to be made into posters.

kDWZhD.gif

This is amazing. :lol:

Alchemist

Arcane
Man, the Amiga had some great box art... some that caught my eye on the Exotica site:

4fu9WZa.jpg

tr6uvqu.jpg

OS04ub6.jpg

mwSQlgW.jpg

IteXfZ8.jpg

fmsSlHM.jpg

I don't know much about these games (aside from Kult aka "Chamber of the Sci-mutant Priestess") but these covers make me want to play them.

Zeriel

Arcane
Birthright was amazing. Still waiting for someone to do another game that has both blobber dungeon crawling and overmap strategy gameplay.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Birthright was amazing. Still waiting for someone to do another game that has both blobber dungeon crawling and overmap strategy gameplay.
Really? You liked it? I was going to feature it in my book, but everyone kept saying it was shit. Would you like to write about it?

Zeriel

Arcane
Really? You liked it? I was going to feature it in my book, but everyone kept saying it was shit. Would you like to write about it?

Maybe it was shit in an objective sense, but I've never played a game like it, and I tend to value games like that, especially when they are in the wheelhouse of themes I like (D&D-ish fantasy in the case of Birthright).

pippin

Thief's boxart was amazing, not only because of the art, but also because of the shape of the box:

thieftrianglebox.jpg

Also:

Super_Castlevania_IV_Capa.jpg

dunno lah

Arcane
mg2art.jpg

Personally, I'd want Metal Gear box artworks to look like this. Even the Shagohod artwork by the same guy looks incredible.

Shagohod_box_art_by_MasamuneDS.jpg

Last edited:

Gozma

Arcane
Archon.The way how the whole box is made is just art.It's not only a picture question.Vinyl no dead!!!
Archon_box.png

It was actually a Trip Hawkins thing to pack up games like vinyl albums with elaborate covers and bios of the photographed developers w/ their names on the cover. I remember Seven Cities of Gold being packaged up the same way.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
"Sexy" is not the word I would use for that boxart. "Nice, "Amusing", "Appropriate", yes. But not "sexy".

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
X-COM_Enemy_Unknown_PS1_Cover.jpg

X-com Playstation. The cover made me rent the game, and what a game it was (still is). The loading times was horrible though :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom