Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Borderlands 3

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
borderlands-randy-4e39650-intro.jpg

pippin

there's a thing called market saturation, they should know about that

Gregz

Arcane
I really liked the first one. These sequels seem to be going the same way as the Mass Effect games however. First was good for what it was, then accelerating decline.

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Anyway, I guess this means I can skip Borderlands Presequel.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I think it pulls it off well enough. Diablos have never been anything great. The only thing the Borderlands series is lacking in that department is a more in-depth talent tree/character customization. But you're dealing with an FPS so there's only so much they can do. Unless you want to add swords and magic spells or whatever to the item drops.

Sykar

Arcane
I really liked the first one. These sequels seem to be going the same way as the Mass Effect games however. First was good for what it was, then accelerating decline.

BL 2 was superior in every way for me over the first one, especially in terms of presentation and story development. I love it that people bash Bioware games for their silly find 4 maps/wathever generic storyline, yet the same shit in BL 1 makes it somehow a great game? Weird.

I enjoyed the first BLands quite a bit (mostly due to co-op bro times), but the 2nd one quickly wore me out. I can't say quite why, as it was very much just "more-of-the-same", but the writing and RNG loot got to me very quickly in the sequel.

I guess I'm a bit perplexed that the series has become such a franchise, as it seemed like a bit of a one-trick pony to me.

Also claptrap makes me want to murder kittens.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom