Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Borderlands 2 is a MASSIVE potato

DeepOcean

Arcane
Is this game ( in single player mode ) became better with the DLCs ?
Nope, all Borderlands 2 DLC are overpriced crap.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Wow, 5th post in three years and it's a two year necro! The game is what it is -- the DLC don't improve upon it just give you more of the same.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Wow, 5th post in three years and it's a two year necro! The game is what it is -- the DLC don't improve upon it just give you more of the same.
You could argue that the original Borderlands 2 has way better setpiece moments and some cool fights, the DLC is just some overpriced crap not worthy spending time on even for Borderlands 2 fans. Tiny Tina isn't so awful but its full of Gearbox idea of parody, just random retarded crap together passing for humour. Not that Borderlands 2 isn't already full of that but somehow they made it worse.

Multi-headed Cow

You could argue that the original Borderlands 2 has way better setpiece moments and some cool fights, the DLC is just some overpriced crap not worthy spending time on even for Borderlands 2 fans. Tiny Tina isn't so awful but its full of Gearbox idea of parody, just random retarded crap together passing for humour. Not that Borderlands 2 isn't already full of that but somehow they made it worse.
It's a shame 'cause the Borderlands setting has potential but they kinda piss it away in BL2 and 2.5. Heard that apparently the Telltale Borderlands cartoon does it really well (And in fact is better than their Game of Thrones one) but I'm waiting for a bigger sale.

DeepOcean

Arcane
It's a shame 'cause the Borderlands setting has potential but they kinda piss it away in BL2 and 2.5. Heard that apparently the Telltale Borderlands cartoon does it really well (And in fact is better than their Game of Thrones one) but I'm waiting for a bigger sale.
Yeah...Gearbox managed to ruin the "Scifi wild west on fringe planet." premise with their retarded humour attempts, on BL 2, things aren't so bad but on the DLC and BL 2.5... the level of retardation reached a critical point.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I found the DLC to be fairly boring. The pirate one was okay at the end with the boss but getting to it was tedious. Tina's was okay-ish because of the D&D/medieval take so enemies were a bit different. I don't remember much about Hammerlock and Torque, they were fairly generic. And, yes, Anthony Burch made the franchise worse with his meme humor.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
If you liked Borderlands 1, you'll like Borderlands 2. Not much else to say.

Eyeball

Arcane
I've watched their Borderlands cartoon. It is shitty shit with a story that has nothing to do with the Borderlands setting but is merely staged there because they apparently felt that the Borderlands setting would help sell it.

As for the DLCs, Mr. Torgue's is good. IF you like Mr. Torgue - if not, it's merely more of the same. Tiny Tina's DLC, on the other hand, is funny, has a lot more variety than the other DLCs and base game, good art direction and is a pretty good pisstake on anything RPG in the last 30 years. I recommend it.

Callisto

Thank you for the replies but i changed my mind . I think i will spend that $15 on another ( RPG ) game .

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I found the DLC to be fairly boring. The pirate one was okay at the end with the boss but getting to it was tedious. Tina's was okay-ish because of the D&D/medieval take so enemies were a bit different. I don't remember much about Hammerlock and Torque, they were fairly generic. And, yes, Anthony Burch made the franchise worse with his meme humor.
Hammerlock is absolute shit, proving that outsourcing the game out of Burch's reach makes it even worse, somehow.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom