Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Borderlands 2 is a MASSIVE potato

Kitako

Arcane
I found the assassin really hard to play solo, at least with full sniping build up to level 25 or so. (I still hate the game for not giving me Mordecai).
After that I switched to commando, and it's easy mode, with a mix of points in all 3 trees for now.

Multi-headed Cow

That's what seems nutty to me. The first chunk of "Story DLC" is $10 and is tolerable for that price. Wouldn't really recommend it at that price but you get a few more hours of fairly high quality adventuring and some new "Raid" bosses to tackle if you're into that sort of thing. But then they charge $10 for a new character class which despite Borderlands 2 differentiating the classes more than 1 still amounts to "My gun is more important than my class". Not even opposed to new character classes, just think they're nuts to charge $10 for 'em.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well the Mechromancer was kind of a pre-order incentive. If they do release another new one hopefully it's included in one of the story DLCs

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
That's what seems nutty to me. The first chunk of "Story DLC" is $10 and is tolerable for that price. Wouldn't really recommend it at that price but you get a few more hours of fairly high quality adventuring and some new "Raid" bosses to tackle if you're into that sort of thing. But then they charge $10 for a new character class which despite Borderlands 2 differentiating the classes more than 1 still amounts to "My gun is more important than my class". Not even opposed to new character classes, just think they're nuts to charge $10 for 'em.

They charge what the console masses are willing to pay. There will probably be another $100 (base price) worth of DLC before they're done.

Well the Mechromancer was kind of a pre-order incentive. If they do release another new one hopefully it's included in one of the story DLCs

Wouldn't hold your breath on that one.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Randy Pitchford out-and-out stated on his Twitter that there will be paid DLC unrelated to the four Season Pass DLC, so you can count on them being paid.

I love this game so much, despite its flaws. My Mechromancer is level 44, and I found a legendary Mechromancer class mod yesterday. My Assassin is still languishing at level 34. All of my Steam friends who might play this game are too cheap to purchase it until it goes on sale (not that I can particularly blame them). I'm up for Codexian bro-op if anyone's interested, though I am a strange person and don't mind playing Diablo clones and such solo.

Multi-headed Cow

I love this game so much, despite its flaws.
I do too, except I really wish the orange drop rate was more on-par with what it was in Borderlands 1. Where they weren't SUPER common but you'd find them often enough for a treat. I think the drop rate on eridium weapons in BL2 is probably about what it was for BL1 oranges.
Also wish there were slightly more "Weird" guns, like TK's Wave and that gun that fired bullets in a corkscrew pattern and such. There are a few weird guns in BL2 but they seem a bit less common. And on a similar topic, better assault rifles! Relatively early game you can find some decent ones but I was pretty hard pressed to find good late game assault rifles. I eventually found a good eridium fire assault rifle but they almost seem like the new rocket launchers for least effective weapon type overall.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I do too, except I really wish the orange drop rate was more on-par with what it was in Borderlands 1. Where they weren't SUPER common but you'd find them often enough for a treat. I think the drop rate on eridium weapons in BL2 is probably about what it was for BL1 oranges.

Much has been made of this issue on the official forums, 4chan and elsewhere, and personally I agree with you. One orange per 20 hours of normal play (my very rough estimate) unless you specifically farm bosses is just silly. In my opinion, the universal drop rate of oranges should be doubled, the drop rate of purples raised by 50%, the drop rate of blues raised by 25%, and the drop rate of greens lowered a bit (it wouldn't be very much) to compensate.

However, some people have pointed out that in BL1, white gear was out-and-out unusuable, green and even blue gear was often terrible, and that even many purples and some oranges could be lackluster. I don't remember BL1 too well, but from what I do remember, they're mostly correct. In BL2, whites are technically usable, and greens and blues can carry you to 50, just not as easily. Also, most oranges in BL2 are incredibly overpowered when used correctly (ever one-shot a Badass Constructor with a Pitchfork?).

All that said, as I mentioned in the first paragraph, I still think drop rates should be substantially increased.

Also wish there were slightly more "Weird" guns, like TK's Wave and that gun that fired bullets in a corkscrew pattern and such. There are a few weird guns in BL2 but they seem a bit less common. And on a similar topic, better assault rifles! Relatively early game you can find some decent ones but I was pretty hard pressed to find good late game assault rifles. I eventually found a good eridium fire assault rifle but they almost seem like the new rocket launchers for least effective weapon type overall.

I've actually found the gun variance to be much higher than in BL1, by which I mean there are many more weird guns to be had, though I do agree that actually finding them is much less common. My favorite guns to use due to sheer fun factor are the E-tech "splat" shotguns. They shoot out a slow-moving ball (or sometimes several slow-moving balls) of elemental goop, which splash a target or an area and have a small AoE. I've only found two in 150-something hours of play.

This one works great and it looks badass:

okfjcuv.png

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Aren't almost all of those just new skins? Milking your dumb audience dry is your solemn duty as a publisher.

aris

Arcane
Actually this is The same type of dlc that Poe is selling, They are "ethical" because They are non essential for the gameplay. Even though They are
:hearnoevil:

Callisto

Is this game ( in single player mode ) became better with the DLCs ?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom