Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Borderlands 2 is a MASSIVE potato

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Have you even played BL2 yet? You seem much to busy sucking TL2's flaccid indie-dick and hating on BL2 and D3 for codex approval, to have time.

I'd take that as an insult if your taste in games wasn't horrible. And if you bothered reading my comments in the TL2 thread I actually make a fair amount of criticisms (including poor skill balance). It's certainly better than D3, though and any non Blizz-drone realizes that.

Gerrard

Arcane
The longer I play this, the harder it becomes for me to find something that has actually been improved since the first game. I think the lack of "Kill 100" quests is the only thing.
I jumped into the original to check some guns and noticed that the old inventory screen not only didn't cause my FPS to drop by 60% but also wasn't shit in general.

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The view of your character on the right in the inventory screen partially blocks your view when you are browsing your backpack with the Commando.

Castanova

Prophet
A guy on another forum just posted this question about Borderlands 2:

Can someone PM me and explain some of the navigation tools for bl2? I've recently started and am only level 9...I feel like I'm not playing the game in an organized fashion at all and I feel the location instructions for each mission are vague or non-descriptive about WHERE I'm supposed to go. I see no waypoints and if Claptrap isnt around to guide, I dont know what resource to use for direction. I KNOW there is a map, but it shows ammo, vehicles, health and travel stations..but it doesnt say "GO HERE FOR YOUR CURRENT OBJECTIVE" so I run around and kill the same badguys ive been killing. I beat Flyn, got on boat to go to Sanctuary, now I'm driving my sweet whip around murdering monsters like a bau55 but dont know where my objective is... gooby plis

2012. The year when video game consumers become too stupid to use a quest compass.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
:what:

(By the way the Mechromancer pack that was included free with preorders is now available for the low low price of $10).

Multi-headed Cow

What the fuck. What the FUCK. How could he not use the quest compass? Borderlands 2 is compassed out the ass! HYARGH.
Though I do know a guy who didn't realize you could change the "Active quest" and change what your quest compass shows, so there's that I guess. Sure is a hell of a lot easier finding your 5 widgets in this area when you actually have the widgets quest up.

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It could be a bug or he is used to another type of quest compass.
Will a video LP of me playing this game be very boring? Do people want to watch other people play a FPS?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Video LP's are as entertaining as the person giving the commentary so it's entirely up to you!

Well that's it. By next week word of this player will reach developers around the world and every game will be a single corridor. And moving backwards will display a warning.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Bleh, walkthroughs themselves are pretty boring unless it's a game with a lot of atmosphere/exposition.

Brinko

Arcane
So when does this game stop becoming a boring fucking mess? Just met Lilith and the entire experience thus far has been one of severe regret for having wasted all that badnwidth. Does playing with a friend help make me not want to kill myself? Where is the fun you fuckers seem to have discovered because I'm not seeing it at all.

Gregz

Arcane
So when does this game stop becoming a boring fucking mess? Just met Lilith and the entire experience thus far has been one of severe regret for having wasted all that badnwidth. Does playing with a friend help make me not want to kill myself? Where is the fun you fuckers seem to have discovered because I'm not seeing it at all.

Somewhere around level 25 for me. Sorry you wasted your bandwidth bro. :roll:

Brinko

Arcane
Ok, so after doing the rescue Roland mission this game has finally picked up. Someone tell me how far along I'm into this game because I'm only level 12 and this game has started to stop being stingy with the fucking loot drops.

Gerrard

Arcane
First playthrough ends around level 35 if you do everything, the leveling speed seems to be pretty linear.

Brinko

Arcane
Really? Damn, I was hoping I could do everything and cap out around 43 or somewhere near 50. At least the loot dropping is not as bad as it was when I first started, now I'm getting purples and oranges instead of a green being super rare.

Multi-headed Cow

I've played for 48 hours and haven't had a single orange drop. Well, correction, I think I did have ONE orange that was unique to a boss. They made oranges a ton rarer than the first game.

Brinko

Arcane
Yeah I only got one orange but it was from those Dahl boxes so I supremely lucked out on it because I've heavily invested in elemental damage with my siren especially fire so I'm wiping out any non fire resistant enemies easily. Also got an orange shield that gives off about 12 fire novas if my shield breaks from the last firehawk cult quest.

Multi-headed Cow

Nova shields are the beeeeeeeest. I'm using the playthrough 2 version of the nova shield you get for doing a sidequest chain in a place you haven't gone yet. But what makes it cooler than most nova shields is it novas when the shield drops, AND it novas when you run out of HP. Can't tell you how many times I've immediately gotten second wind from the HP nova killing something and bringing me back.

New DLC character was released. Everything looks obscenely overpowered. http://www.borderlands2.com/us/skilltree/mechromancer.html

8x damage multiplier? Check.
Every shot that misses has a 50% chance to bounce and hit for 50% damage anyway? Check.
Every kill restores 100% of shields? Check.
Shields gain resistance to Shock (i.e. all anti-shield enemies)? Check.

And this is all in the first 2 levels of each tree, so you can abuse this stuff from the very beginning. Only downside is that you can't manually reload and your accuracy goes to hell (but who cares when your shots auto-hit anyway?)

Not removing from an inventory to confirm that Mechromancer is loleasymode.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
^ Still not as good as a gunzerker. :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom