Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Borderlands 2 is a MASSIVE potato

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
i-pzDFbHs-X3.jpg

:thumbsup:

abija

Prophet
Wonder how many great weapons they didn't use because they use those arrows for benchmark when weapon mechanics matter a lot more...

Baptismbyfire

Liturgist
Am I the only one having a problem with graphics being blurry at first when I first look at an item? It takes like a split second for the item to change to sharp texture. Does this have anything to do with the game being designed with console in mind?

aris

Arcane
That's texture pop-in, it probably changes from the far-away texture to the near-texture. A mainstay problem of all unreal-engine games. The problem is considerably smaller than for many other unreal-engine games though, and in particular, it is much less pronounced than what it was in borderlands 1.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Has anyone found something useful to do with money other than gambling it away on the slot machines? It seems like the stores only rarely have any stuff worth buying, and even then it only costs a small amount compared to how much cash you collect.

JrK

Prophet
Very rarely there is an orange or purple for sale, and those cost quite a bit more than the regular fare. Otherwise you can tip Moxxi for free guns (every 10000 or so?). Didn't see any other goal for it, I spend 25% of earnings gambling.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
You can also just spam the fuck out of rockets- you won't be making much money that way unless you're scavenging every white item you find.

Bahamut

Arcane
Ok played bit more, started to liking this game, stuff definitely improved over first one, writing is good but sometimes it tries too hard to be funny, might buy when it comes with all DLC's, for now i can play MP over tunngle

JrK

Prophet
You notice that they constantly try to be funny, and while it could be seen as 'trying too hard' I find myself actually laughing at quite a few things so they are forgiven.

My biggest annoyance so far is the walking; the fast travel poles are one-each-level now, not like the first where every save-pole was a travel-pole. Remember, this game needs more pole-ons.

I'd be OK with the amount of fast travel points now if there was just a god damned town portal ability. The walk back through a long, winding area you just emptied is the most painful part.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
I'd be OK with the amount of fast travel points now if there was just a god damned town portal ability. The walk back through a long, winding area you just emptied is the most painful part.

I saw some trainer with a save location functionality - hit one button to record any location, then whenever you hit a second button you get ported back to that spot (this was a godsend in Far Cry 2, for example). Didn't try it myself and I doubt it'd work across multiple maps, but worth a shot if you're annoyed by the walking so much.

I'd like to see some personal transporter (aka a spawnable motorbike or some such that you could spawn whenever you wanted) that couldn't take any damage. So you could move back after clearing an area faster, but couldn't use it to skip enemies.

Damned Registrations

Beat the game. Opinion hasn't changed much, not sure if I'll do the new game + stuff.

Is it just me or is 99% of loot you get randomly total shit? It seems like only quest stuff is any good (and even then some of it is stupid gimicky shit) and anything that just happens to be a purple that drops from an enemy is just some shitty combination anyways like those retarded Jacobs shotguns 'fire as fast as you can pull the trigger' that need a reload every shot. Then you do a quest and get a hyperion shotgun or a pistol that leechs life.

Maybe you are doing different quests but I've gotten tons of good weapons from random shit. What class are you? I've been playing siren and almost all the good the good elemental weapons I've gotten have been drops or chests. Also got a few things gambling. First time I tried I got a 14k damage rocket launcher to replace my 4k damage one with, fuck yeah.

Shotgun Siren is pretty awesome by the way. 90% bullet damage reduction and 180% reflection power totally isn't imba.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
some shitty combination anyways like those retarded Jacobs shotguns 'fire as fast as you can pull the trigger' that need a reload every shot.

Those are godly for a gunzerker. Mainly because when properly specced you get a pretty good chance of not using ammo when shooting (thus no need to reload), and it's pretty much a guarantee when you're downed. So if you're next to an enemy, you'll kill them in a fraction of a second.

Damned Registrations

Maybe it's just my luck then. But I just got like over a dozen blues and purples from killing the end boss, and not a single one is worth using. Tons of explosive pistols, assault rifles with 9 round magazines, shit like that. Ugth, and those fucking elemental pistols that use multiple rounds, and so effectively have like 5 round clips and do shit damage anyways. About half my guns are probably from random drops, but that's only because I get way way way more guns from random drops than from quests, and the quests are outdated half the time so it'll be underlevelled.

Considering starting a new char as a diff class, but not sure which. Siren felt fairly underwhelming tbh. Phaselocking mobile fuckers or guys with shields is nice, but other than that, it's just a very scattered mishmash of abilities that don't seem to add up to any focused build. Zero seemed like it would be easy to focus on melee or sniper playstyles, but both of those seem to get fucked fairly often (flying/knockbacking enemies, constantly being surrounded by suicide bombers and spastic assholes you can't possible snipe or have no useful weakpoint). I haven't looked at the other two that closely.

Well, my siren build was Kinetic Reflection (basically reduce bullet damage to nil as long as I'm killing constantly), Ward (+shield capacity and -recharge time, I have something like -65% shield recharge time altogether now), Inertia (automatic shield recharge while killing, increased reload speed), then Accelerate/Mind's Eye/Flicker for moar damage. Headshot elemental shotguns (especially slag + elemental weakness combination) owns. Only problems were very tough flying enemies/bosses, which hit all my weak points. Most flying enemies were taken out pretty easily thanks to a random backup weapon though (some shotguns have surprising accuracy as well).

I have dreams of being able to spec Chain Reaction high along with shotguns. That should prove useful. Anyone used it and know whether bullets that bounce can still re-bounce? The description would seem to imply it. Also anyone tried to see whether anything cool happens when two sirens duel with Kinetic Reflection up? Instant-gibbing or something?

Damned Registrations

Does anyone know what the cap is on goliath upgrades? The toughest sounding one I ver got was a 'Godliath Loot Goon'. Gave out xp like a boss and dropped some decent shit. Hard to get them that high though, that one had a shield to help keep it alive.

Multi-headed Cow

Godliath is the highest rank, yeah. They've got a great loot dropping chance at that point. Probably the easiest way to get blues/purples without cheating/doing something weird.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom