Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bombshell - isometric shooter starring that cut character from Duke Nukem Forever

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
I thought Bombshell was supposed to be blond, huge tits Californian type, kinda like Arnold's daughter from Last Action Hero, except with more Baywatch and bigger guns:

4cfHh.jpg

Ho wait, SJW developers.

Still, good times for those of us with a fetish for amputees and lobotomy patients.

You keep some of my favorite things out of this discussion. Don't you dare sully them!

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I don't get the punk look that doesn't seem very Duke-esque at all.

It seems very Borderlands-esque though, so I guess I do get it.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I'm not usually a Diablo style game type of guy, but I almost want to buy this day one just to piss off feminists.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Chick looks like Roguey's old avatar.

Roguey's old avatar was an alternate concept art piece of Jack from the Mass Effect series.

The Roguester is approximately as subtle as a bag of hammers in a washing machine on spin cycle.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
This is another of the modern games which are labelled RPGs based on developer's claim that they are, not because of the feature set they posses.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It will probably be as much of an RPG as Shadow Warrior (the new one) is.
You get to choose which weapon to upgrade.

Not that this is bad, mind you, I actually don't want deep RPG machanics to get in the way in my Duke Nukem-style experience.
It just wouldn't be appropriate.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
You choose which weapon to ugrade in Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death, and that game is in no way an RPG.

Eyeball

Arcane
If it's a fun action-packed gunnyslashy game with schlocky humour that doesn't take itself seriously with some well-implemented RPG-lite elements tagged on then sure, why not? Could well be an entertaining mindless game.

Unfortunately, anything related to the Duke IP is toxic by now, so it's more or less guaranteed to suck. Thankfully, it won't be released until 2026.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom