Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bombshell - isometric shooter starring that cut character from Duke Nukem Forever

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They'll make the roguelike next.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Or some sim city games, with Cyclops invasion, constructing Duke Burgers and go-go clubs on every street and alien invasion every week. Other cataclysms in the [optional] DLCs.

Or some german simulators with cranes where ultimate goal is to smack the queen's head, with hidden allegory of remove kebabs nao

The only thing I can imagine is, that it's something like "Alien Shooter", which also had "RPG elements" and was quite fun.
:bro:

Really liked Sigma games despite devs being completly jerks.
Jerks or liars that "love their jobs" aka corporate drones, which is better and why.

RPG? He got one, good thing to shoot out the flying pig machines and blowing walls.
Not to mention double kick.
On the other side he can finnaly get pistol that don't suck.

Last edited:

nil

Cipher
So a shitty sequel fucks up an fps series so bad that the next one turns into a top-down arpg. We truly live in strange times.

For your information it only turned into FPS "series" with that shitty sequel. Duke Nukem started as sidescroller games. Then there were also third person Duke Nukem shooters. Top-down is the only perspective Duke wasn't in yet.

Yeah, but no one gives a shit about the 2d ones, and the tps ones on consoles were basically spinoffs. Forever was the sequel to 3d, and everyone (me, a hobo and at least two other guys) assumed the next one would be a sequel to Forever.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Yeah, but no one gives a shit about the 2d ones
Nobody gives a shit about your shitty tastes. The 2D ones are among the best platformers ever released on the PC.

The complaints about the shift in perspective are hilarious for someone who remembers the NERDRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE when 3D was announced 20 years ago. If this new game ends up sucking, the perspective and the decision to include RPG elements will be the least of its problems (unless of course they fuck up one or the other or both, but that's a completely separate issue)

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They might've tried to make a Duke Nukem RTS and then found S. W. I. N. E. beat them to it. :troll:
Seriously though, top-down Duke may be fun. This time Holoduke might even be useful.

UserNamer

Cipher
some faggy developer from interceptor was posting around about making duke nukem more serious and have a more serious plot and a sinister villain that can "break" duke... I mean what an idiot.

I would love to see a Duke Nukem game, taken in a completely new direction. A way more serious and “Badass” Duke, with an epic plot. Something that really brings back Duke as an Action Hero.

That reminds me of how tired I am of strippers, babes etc. in Duke Nukem games, which only degrades Duke’s intelligence even more (there is nothing wrong with Duke Liking strippers and babes, but it shouldn’t be the main plot of a game). Give us a Duke game without strippers, a great sinister villain than can break Duke (Think Bane from DK:Rising), a slightly older, and way more badass/gritty Duke, and a galactic plotline that can be taken seriously, and I’m Sold!

fucking retard...

also "no strippers" probably because he is a pussified internet social warrior fag

Angthoron

Arcane
some faggy developer from interceptor was posting around about making duke nukem more serious and have a more serious plot and a sinister villain that can "break" duke... I mean what an idiot.

I would love to see a Duke Nukem game, taken in a completely new direction. A way more serious and “Badass” Duke, with an epic plot. Something that really brings back Duke as an Action Hero.

That reminds me of how tired I am of strippers, babes etc. in Duke Nukem games, which only degrades Duke’s intelligence even more (there is nothing wrong with Duke Liking strippers and babes, but it shouldn’t be the main plot of a game). Give us a Duke game without strippers, a great sinister villain than can break Duke (Think Bane from DK:Rising), a slightly older, and way more badass/gritty Duke, and a galactic plotline that can be taken seriously, and I’m Sold!

fucking retard...

also "no strippers" probably because he is a pussified internet social warrior fag
What the fuck am I reading.

I mean, okay. Strippers and all that, shallow and secondary, whatever. But then there's gems like "Duke's intelligence", "Bane from DK:Rising", and a galactic plotline that can be taken seriously, that's just swell.

m_s0

Arcane

:what:

This is one of the most retarded game-related things I've ever read in my life :lol: Is that guy serious?

dunno lah

Arcane
They should definitely bring back the non-seriousness of the 2d games for this one. All they need is fun combat, good level design and quirky enemy design. But...that's a little too much to ask for a game nowadays, right?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
They should definitely bring back the non-seriousness of the 2d games for this one. All they need is fun combat, good level design and quirky enemy design. But...that's a little too much to ask for a game nowadays, right?
:negative:

dunno lah

Arcane
They also have to faithfully remake those DN2 tracks. I thought the new RoTT covers were pretty good, but I'm thinking Tactics Ogre-style remaking of the soundtrack. I wanna hear fucking Skin o My Teeth playing when chewing through aliens with mah Ripper...

nil

Cipher
Yeah, but no one gives a shit about the 2d ones
Nobody gives a shit about your shitty tastes. The 2D ones are among the best platformers ever released on the PC.
I wasn't saying they are shit, but the seemingly only thing they have in common with the games we are talking about is the name and hair color of the protagonist. Then again, I'm not a duke fan, I only found out 1 and 2 existed after 3d and back then I wasn't really into reading, so I don't know. But I honestly doubt most people would think of DNF as a sequel to the side-scrolling duke and that is what is was trying to say.

Luzur

Good Sir

fucking retard...

What the fuck am I reading.

I mean, okay. Strippers and all that, shallow and secondary, whatever. But then there's gems like "Duke's intelligence", "Bane from DK:Rising", and a galactic plotline that can be taken seriously, that's just swell.

Nobody steals our chicks... and lives!

Eyeball

Arcane

fucking retard...

So basically, he wants to make a Mass Effect game starring a parodic comedy character from the 90ies, only this time he is totally gritty and grimdark and srs.

I see absolutely no way this could go wrong.

UserNamer

Cipher
nothing bad about fleshing out the plot a little more as long as it used to put duke in interesting and insane and varied situations... but it's obvious he takes duke way too seriously to make anything non retarded... does that moron knows there are other mediums to tell INTERESTING AND SERIOUS STORIES that don't involve a roided out womanizing body builder who likes to repeat random lines from movies?

da_rays

Augur
Damn , had to pinch me twice before i realised that i wasnt dreaming or freebasing super-crack .

So no strippers , no babes , no Duke style degradation ? What's left? Ho yeah , cop with pig face and various guns. Almost a win-win for everybody

That aside , if we are not jerked off for 18ish years , maybe we'll see a spiritual sequel Super Smash TV, with a 3 branchs skill tree! ASSAULT - TACTICAL - GENTLEMAN
yeah,,,,thoses could work.

I foresee sadly a shitty Alien Syndrome clone coming up ( or not )

anyway we'll see all this when it come (laugh) out.
cant even type that without laughing

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Ok, but can we still shit down xeno necks?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom