Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bloodlines first time , which clan ?

grotsnik

Arcane
Any thoughts on the clan quest mod, by the way? Worth a go?

zool

Arcane
Definitely. It's very professionally done and comes bundled with a number of interesting mods and reskins (though I don't recommend the Camarilla edition or the Arsenal mod).

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
z o o l said:
SCO said:
Oh btw, the clan quest mod for the tremere has a small surprise.

And what exactly is that? I've done a full Tremere playthrough with the latest CQM and didn't notice anything unusual (except for the extra quests and associated rewards ofc).
The reward(s) is unusual for the game.

BTW, most of the reskins suck, and camarilla edition is worth it for me.

zool

Arcane
SCO said:
z o o l said:
SCO said:
Oh btw, the clan quest mod for the tremere has a small surprise.

And what exactly is that? I've done a full Tremere playthrough with the latest CQM and didn't notice anything unusual (except for the extra quests and associated rewards ofc).
The reward(s) is unusual for the game.

BTW, most of the reskins suck, and camarilla edition is worth it for me.

Yeah, but unfortunately, it comes a little late in the game.

Re: camarilla mod, the timer idea is good but I didn't like the rest of the mod (OP disciplines, ...). Most reskins are shite but a couple are ok. I used the Tremere reskin and thought it was pretty neat, though not vastly different from the originals.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
I played as a Ventrue first, btw, was there much difference in the Ventrue, Toreador, Gangrel and Brujah playthroughs?

For me those were the generic ones, i mastered Ventrue with a combat focus, so the diciplines of the aformentioned clans didnt hold much interest. For me those were the more generic ones, while Nosferatu, Tremer and Malkavian stood out.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Damn...i did some googling...seems someone modded in tons of new quests...on top of the Cammarilla patch...

Might be worth a reinstall.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
deus101 said:
I played as a Ventrue first, btw, was there much difference in the Ventrue, Toreador, Gangrel and Brujah playthroughs?

For me those were the generic ones, i mastered Ventrue with a combat focus, so the diciplines of the aformentioned clans didnt hold much interest. For me those were the more generic ones, while Nosferatu, Tremer and Malkavian stood out.

IIRC:

As Gangrel, you get some dialogue that you only get from Benett if you are Gangrel.

As Tremere, you get the Tremere haven.

As Ventrue, you get some lines from LaCroix.

It's all pretty superficial, but as a storyfag, It's totally a worthwhile experience personally (extra dialogue wise).

hivemind

Don't you also get sewers haven as a nossie?

Or was that when I played with some mod

HansDampf

Arcane
I remember getting a haven in Downtown sewers after I rescued Barabus. But that was with Basic UP. I've looked online. Some sources say it's in Nosferatu Warrens instead.
It is a mystery.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It's on the normal sewers. There is a shortcut on the middle of the warrens that opens some door to LA which you can trigger midway. I really didn't find it until the 3rd run or something, the sewers are more than a little bit corridor-ish and that influenced me not to look.

Considering that the latest versions of the cqm have a way to avoid sewer diving altogether, i've also not seen it since either.

Eh, the cqm could really benefit from using quilt diff patches or something like that to keep up with the UP.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom