Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bloodbowl Season 3

How should the new league look?

• Group by Timezone then have playoff like Season 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Two divisions ranked by Team Value. (Not Skill)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mantiis said:
Undead Phoenix said:
Game does indeed count as finished.

http://db.tt/dIkEmOv

toastboy fought to the last :salute:
Who's stupid idea was it to allow a carry over Chaos team.

I hope I don't finish 4th....
I haven't been doing a huge amount of injuries - just solid, unimaginative play with few mistakes. Would have done even better with Dwarfs/Orcs. Besides, I had a similar record with my rookie Chaos team last season :smug:

Then, like a true Englishman - the pressure got to me and I crashed out against the first tough opposition in the playoffs, which is probably what will happen again. :M

grotsnik

Arcane
You forget the other great English sporting tradition - winning triumphantly once, then performing disappointingly for years afterwards, with every minor improvement in form heralded as a 'comeback' by the desperate press.

Grunker said:
Demnooooogiiiiis?

'Sup, I have been pretty busy, what with the summer heat and all. I suppose I could play late Sunday, we have a EU3 game that starts at 12:00 and ends at unknown time, something between 16:00 and 18:00 I suppose. How 'bout you?

Mantiis

Cipher
Undead Phoenix said:
Then, like a true Englishman - the pressure got to me and I crashed out against the first tough opposition in the playoffs, which is probably what will happen again. :M
Yer wait til you go up against Shuma or his buddies - your tradition will more than likely continue. :smug:

If i can I am so seeding the groups like I said I would earlier to make it so that I don't have to play them in the first round fair

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Grotsnik and I have finished our match.

It ended my team's dreams of advancing to the playoffs. Not totally unexpected.

All interested can watch the replay. Grotsnik has also promised a write-up, so stay tuned.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Demnogonis Saastuttaja said:
Grunker said:
Demnooooogiiiiis?

'Sup, I have been pretty busy, what with the summer heat and all. I suppose I could play late Sunday, we have a EU3 game that starts at 12:00 and ends at unknown time, something between 16:00 and 18:00 I suppose. How 'bout you?

'sup bra. I can play just about any time on Sunday I think :)

grotsnik

Arcane
An ill wind creeps across the fields. This pitch smells of death.

Slowly, the teams file on. Fearsome eyes glare at fearsome eye sockets. Here, on this dry, decaying earth, the future of the play-offs will be decided. On one side stand the aristocratic Reptilian New World Order, taking a break from their persistent failures to assassinate David Icke in his impregnable fortress-cottage in the Isle Of Wight. On the other, the rotting Khemri known as the Legends Outworn wait. The real Clint Eastwood, it should be noted, actually looks quite a lot like his mummy counterpart. They have invested in some Bloodweiser Babes and that legendary mummy hero whose name is almost certainly spelt Nekehekerekekrekreadabra.

The lizards win the toss (Tails. Always Tails.) and choose to receive; the ball tumbling down near the back end of their half, next to a skink. He takes the ball, and dashes forward, the Sauruses forming a loose formation around him. Meanwhile, a Saurus runs through the assembled mummies and downs a Thro-Ra. The skink with Dirty Player joins him, dumping on the fallen skeleton. In what will turn out to be the wrong move in fooling around in front of an extremely strict referee, he is immediately sent off.

The mummies surge forward, K.O.ing a Saurus; in return, the lizzies squeeze into a far tighter cage down the middle of the space, pushing their way through. The Khemri manage to get back into touch with the ball-carrier through the time-honoured method of knocking down everything in their way, but a few taps on the head knock the elderly actors back – and the skink, perhaps sensing that he’s about to get absolutely mullered if he hangs around for much longer, hops nimbly through two tackle zones to score on the fourth turn.

TOUCHDOWN! 1-0 to the RNWO.

Four turns to score – and Mico prepares for a swift advance, as the ball drops down just inside his half. His counter-attack begins well, as he knocks down a Saurus, killing the shit out of him. The apothecary races on, and with much slimy mouth-to-mouth, is able to commute the lizard’s sentence to ‘Badly Hurt’.

Meanwhile, Mico’s plans for a swift touchdown are hindered as his Thro-Ra fails to pick up the ball twice in a row. In the meantime, the lizards K.O. a tomb guardian (Yes!) and a skeleton. On the final two turns, having finally got the ball, the Thro-Ra has to pass an impenetrable knee-high wall of tiny skinks – he trips and falls, leaving the little reptiles to pick up the ball in turn, get tripped up, and finally infuriate a tomb guardian by refusing to fall down.

Half-time comes, the K.O.ed tomb guardian doesn’t get back up despite the presence of the Babes, and the second half begins with nothing more exciting than a -1 to all passing rolls, which, as you can imagine, seriously affects the gameplay style of these two teams. The Khemri line up – and shift to the right, slowly but surely, keeping the ball carrier well protected.

The lizards fight back and fall back, lacking the help of their Kroxigor – who is left further up the pitch, sullenly pushing around a skeleton who refuses to fall over.

Disaster strikes; a Saurus tumbles down with a broken hip. Shortly afterwards, another Saurus dies. For real this time.

At this point, grotsnik’s train of thought is much like the title of this very atypical Tom Waits song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR8CyK1mZOg

He keeps struggling, relying on his Skinks now as a line of defence, and a stalemate develops. Mico, concerned about the fallen Saurus right next to his ball-carrier, tries to gang-foul him. A mistake; the ref sends off a skeleton. Next turn he tries it again. No effect – and another skeleton is sent off. The referee is presumably limping from having such a very large stick up his arse.

Which makes this the perfect opportunity for the fallen Saurus to get up and, covered by his mates, knock down the Blodging Thro-Ra with a re-roll. The ball flies back into the hands of the great reptile; at once the Khemri knock him down, but with comic inevitability, the ball is caught by a nearby Skink.

The mummies spend quite a few goes trying to knock down the ball-carrying Skink, but are unsuccessful. The little guy dodges up, onto the right wing – but he’s pursued by a Blitz-Ra with Strip Ball, followed quickly by the Blodging Thro-Ra, who picks up the ball. Suddenly it’s looking like the Legends are all clear to make this a draw.

And then the Kroxigor, having finally downed his skeleton nemesis, turns his head. With a guttural roar that might have been meant as something like, ‘It looks like it’s up to me to restore the honour of my team! Though we may have secured our place in the play-offs, we owe it to everyone in the league to play as well as possible!’, he charges across the pitch, successfully makes a re-roll, and gets a 6, smacking the Thro-Ra to the floor.

A bit of fumbling and uneventful bashing later, as a Skink takes the ball and scurries across the pitch, tumbling over on an unwise GFI, the match comes suddenly and ignominiously to an end.

FINAL SCORE: 1-0 TO THE REPTILIAN NEW WORLD ORDER

An exciting match, if not a real thriller or a particularly high-scoring game. Many thanks to Mico for playing so well!

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I only want to add that I am seriously disappointed in both Bloodweiser Babe and referee. I also think I made a grave mistake in the second-to-last turn, as I could have moved a Tomb Guardian to mark the Saurus who later 1D-blocked and pushed away my other Tomb Guardian which was marking the Kroxigor (which then raped my score range ball carrier). Oh well.

Good game, Grotsnik, and a well-deserved victory for the better team and coach.

Thanks for the great season, people. I did much better overall than I expected in the beginning. Out of my three losses, two were against carry-over teams (and rather expected). In hindsight, the match against Elwro's Amazons was the decisive point. If I had won that one... Well, what could have been. ;)

It was a good team building experience, considering I got no deaths/permanent injuries during the whole season (or they were immediately regenerated). My only regret is the +AG roll that I had to ignore as Nuffle decided that it should go to a Tomb Guardian. Legends Outworn may return in future seasons, if carry-over teams are allowed, but right now they shall descend back into their tombs, while the team Necromancer will use the impressive treasury to fund himself a vacation.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Hey deso, update:

There's a very good chance I will not be able to play. I am heading out on Wednesday to perform an experiment and will be gone for over a week. But we're having some big issues with it right now, so chances are I will be in the lab every day all day until Wednesday. If we can iron most of them out then I will have time to play sometime before we leave, but chances are a bit slim atm.

Edit from later this day: Definitely not going to have time to play. Unless by some stroke of miracle.

Moss

Educated
The Madness vs Nonstop Nibblers is complete. Was a very tough game...

replay

-M

Spoiler for those interested:

Shuma takes this one 1-0 in a crazy one

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Dead Money played Blood Diplomats. Only one word for this match... INTENSE.

This is one to watch: REPLAY

Besides one big mistake I made at the very beginning, my feeling is that we both played very well.

Moss

Educated
What's the status on our 2-3 remaining games in week 9?

-M

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
I haven't heard from Exmit since matchday 9 started. He didn't leave any message here either, potato scum : x

gorefiend

Novice
sent mant a pm last night, we are having trouble with the time change i think.

Mantiis

Cipher
gorefiend said:
sent mant a pm last night, we are having trouble with the time change i think.

I would just like to say a Thank You to Gorefiend for playing me 2am his time.

Replay to come when Gorefiend or I upload it.

Anyway onto the match:

Norse Vs Norse. TV1500 vs TV1550. Bashy Squishy Vs Bashy Squishy.

Gorefiend the norse upstart entered the match in which a win would allow him to avoid the dreaded 4th spot and what do you know ManT the norse regular entered the match in which a win would allow him to avoid the 4th spot. Could these teams be any closer??

Gorefied loses the coin toss and I choose to receive - this is an important point. When two bashy norse teams meet it is important to be the one to start bashing first. After a few turns I had managed to pickup the ball and get it up to the centreline while also injuring three Norse girly men who clearly didn't have enough meed before the match. I knock out a fourth with a beserker but I realise he is then surrounded by 3 Norse from the opposite tribe so I decide to pile on and 'heal' the knocked out norse to a stun. :oops:

In the battle of the snow trolls Gorefiend was coming out slightly on top except for a turnover in the first turn. After much smacking and pushing around and stalling I score on turn 8. The Nothern Wastes go up one to zip. On Gorefiend's turn 8 he proceeds to destroy my lineman. I *think* no damage was done. That was to come later.

In the second half I kick shallow hoping for a little luck considering I had a kicker and Gorefiend had his sure hands dude deep. I figured I might be able to surprise him. The ball lands well but rolls towards a Bloody Bearder's lineman, the linesman fumbles the ball and it lands in my half. Touchback. Lame.

Now at this point Gorefiend is at least 2 players down (if not three), while I have my full complement of smelly men. I decide to use my extra players and push up the field. At this point Nuffle decides to even the ledger and with Gorefiend's help starts eliminating The Nothern Wastes from the pitch. I lose my Snow troll which really hurt (he has guard!) and a Northern Wastes tradition continues: a bloody bearder kills my kicker. Seriously that's 3 kickers dead in this league alone. I got another level up on a lineman so we shall see what happens to him in the future. Anyhow, with the agility of a wight Gorefiend manages to throw and hand off the ball out of his half and into the waiting hands of a norse beserker. He then heads for the line and ends four spaces away from the end zone.

I look around and decide that I won't be able to stop him so I decide to do some damage - importantly I use my blitz. At some point I realise that yes I can actually put pressure on the ball carrier and I do so with my runner. I also get a beserker over there with a dodge so had I had my blitz still (I wasted it rather frivolously) I could have attempted to take the ball carrier down. Nuffle, taking pity on me decides that the beserker is not going to make the Go For it! and he ends up flat on his arse. The ball is now in the very corner of the end zone surrounded by norse and only one of them a Waste. But fear not! This waste is my star runner! He will show us the way! And he does! He dodges out of a tackle zone and fails the ball pick up...which i reroll into a success! He then gets out of the corner and tries to throw the ball with a 4+ difficulty! 50-50! COME ON BABY! :fumble:
:x
The ball lands in the end zone again, protected only by my loser runner. He gets promptly knocked onto his arse and Gorefiend goes to pickup the ball. :fumble:. The ball goes out of bounds and gets thrown in. It lands in my half right in the middle of the pitch. While not the best positioning it is still a hell of a lot more favorable than where it was. I knock down some norse to make some room and grab the ball, throw it one square: success! He runs the ball up into Gorefiend's half and handoff: and with a reroll success! The beserker makes a run for the end zone and......stalls!

After some pushing and shoving and fouling I score on turn 14. Little more happens in the match except for a 6+ throw from a lineman for some extra spp in the last turn.
The Wastes win two zip.

There are now 2 matches to go and if they are not played soonish I will set the scores. If Exmit wins his match he may be able to defend his title so I don't want to set it.

Mantiis

Cipher
Deso and mangoose - I don't mind setting this one as it matters not on the finals.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
There is absolutely 0 chance of me playing, sorry. I'm out of town right now for over a week with a few dozen minutes of internet access per day.

Mantiis

Cipher
Undead Phoenix said:
Dammit. Would enjoyed raping and curbstomping Mantiis' team into oblivion :rpgcodex:
If you get past Gorefiend I'll be surprised.

LET THE SMACK TALK BEGIN!

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Hurry up, people. The sooner this season finishes, the soooner we can start another one! <- Concerns of an eliminated coach.

gorefiend

Novice
fun game with mant... sometimes with norse you just know its going to be one of those games when your players decide to drop like flies. that moment came for me when on the opening kickoff one of my werewolves is hit with a rock and loses a point of armor. unfortunately for me, i seemed to have hired Dr. Nick for an apoth who would have promptly killed the poor bastard.

thanks to reserves, i was only down 10-11 at the start of the second half, and things were looking up until my slow footed berserker fails a game tying GFI with a reroll. downhill from there.

as for the matchup with UP, ill be handicapped 4 players thanks to mant and some angry rock-throwing fans. regardless i look forward to the match. playoffs ahoy!

Moss

Educated
Who gets the 1 seed from our group? Did I have enough TD differential to hold on to it?

-M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom