Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bloodbowl Season 3

How should the new league look?

• Group by Timezone then have playoff like Season 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Two divisions ranked by Team Value. (Not Skill)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mantiis

Cipher
THE LEAGUE HAS STARTED:
PLAY OFFS:

Matchups.jpg

Rankings:
Rankings.jpg

Results:
Results.jpg

Results2.jpg

Results3.jpg

Results4.jpg

Results5.jpg

ALL REPLAYS - CLICK ME!

NAME/PASS
Name: Codex Mega Cup
Pass: decline

Coaches:
[pre]
Group 1
Codex Name...........Steam name.........Coach name..........Race..GMT
Gorefiend..............adwagner...........Gorefiend...........Nor...-6
desocupado.............deso...............desocupado..........Hum...-3
DamnedRegistrations....IdofGod............Stormlock...........Ska...-7
Mangoose...............Sgt. Mangoose......Mangoose............PrE...-4
root...................mafeking_root......root................und...-3
Mantiis................Mantiis............Mantiis.............Nor...+10
Dirk Diggler...........Memestream.........Klavier.............DaE...-6
Moss...................moffsicle..........Moss................Nur...-7
OldSkoolkamikaze.......OldSkoolkamikaze...OldSkoolKamikaze....HiE...-5
Shuma..................Shuma..............Shuma...............Ska...-6

Group 2
Codex Name...........Steam name.........Coach name..........Race..GMT
Pussycat669............Basti50............Basti50.............WoE...+1
Elwro1.................Elwro1.............Elwro1..............Ama...+2
Exmit..................Exmit..............Exmit...............Orc...+1
Grotsnik...............Grotsnik...........doctorGrotsnik......Liz...+0
Grunker................Grunker............Grunker.............Nec...+1
good little toastboy...maycontainzombies..toastboy............Ogr...+1
MicoSelva..............Mico Selva.........Mico Selva..........Khe...+1
hoverdog...............nehanowicz.........howerujoncypjes.....Nur...+1
Demnogonis Saastuttaja.vihakosto..........Paavi Kuppainen XIV.Vam...+3
Undead Phoenix.........Ud0Phoenix.........Undead0Phoenix......Cha...+1[/pre]

Reservers In order of applying:

[pre]Steam name.........Coach name..........Race..GMT
JohnTheRevelator...??????????..........Nec...???
Sgt. Mangoose......Mangoose............PrE...-4
Scratchmonkey......Scratchmonkey.......Nor...-8
[/pre]

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
If you're going to bring over old teams, you ought ot pair people up accoring to TV. While inducements will go some of the way towards evening the playing field, there's no way a rookie team is going to survive against a team with 8-9 skilled players and 3 extra RRs.

also, since this is a prestigious KKKodex circlejerk, the thread would be more suitable in the KKKodex Playground.

I cast my lot in going for 2 leagues: but divided by skill, not team rating, then a playoff for the champions of each league.

Of course, team rating should also play a role in who goes where.

Exmit

Scholar
I think the best would be to have one league with everyone in it. Just like real football (soccer) league, play 2 matches with everyone. (can you add that to the poll?)

1. Exmit
2. Exmit
3. Orcs
4. +1

grotsnik

Arcane
Exmit said:
I'm dropping my dorfz so dorf spot goes free , this time i'll roll with orcs

Ho, ho, ho. Nice try. Champ gets a joke team in the next league; this was decided long ago in the last thread (Congrats, by the way!) Enjoy your halflings.

The problem with organising by skill is that it's subjective, and completely impossible to judge with any new players, y'know? And as this league proves, the new players can often be the best.

I'd like to stick with my Reptilians, plz; they've served me well so far. grotsnik, Lizards, GMT.

But if there end up being too many players again, I don't mind sitting this one out seeing as I've been hogging a place twice around already.

Exmit

Scholar
grotsnik said:
Exmit said:
I'm dropping my dorfz so dorf spot goes free , this time i'll roll with orcs

Ho, ho, ho. Nice try. Champ gets a joke team in the next league; this was decided long ago in the last thread (Congrats, by the way!) Enjoy your halflings.

DLDQK36.gif

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Exmit said:
I think the best would be to have one league with everyone in it. Just like real football (soccer) league, play 2 matches with everyone. (can you add that to the poll?)
I think that would be very hard to manage.

Both league formats look good, I don't have any preference as for which one will be chosen. If there are carry-over teams in the new league, then probably two division setup is the better one (voted this one).

Also, can I join the league without picking the team just yet? If so, here's my entry. If not, I will edit the post, adding the team.

1. Mico Selva
2. Mico Selva
3. ?
4. +1

edit: steam account.

Last edited:

desocupado

Magister
1. deso
2. desocupado
3. humans, my old team
4. gmt -3

I think the format of the league depends on the number of players. If we have more players than last season, then a two tiered league might be good. If we have the same number, I guess the old format is fine.

Pussycat669

Liturgist
Took the don't care option. It depends on how many players will want to reuse their last teams. If it's more or close to the half of total players then I guess I would go for option 2 otherwise 1. Myself, I would rather want to try something new.

@Mantiis
Could you maybe add a paragraph or two about the port forwarding issue in case there are more newcomers?

1. Basti50
2. Basti50
3. Wood Elves
4. +1

desocupado

Magister
I think I may want to try another team.

How long until the choices are set in stone?

grotsnik said:
The problem with organising by skill is that it's subjective, and completely impossible to judge with any new players, y'know? And as this league proves, the new players can often be the best.
Yes, but you sort them generally after watching them play a couple of times.

I would like one league ( :love: massive leagues) but I don't think Mantiis wants just one.

1. Ud0Phoenix
2. Undead0Phoenix
3. Chaos
4. BST

Stasgard

Liturgist
Can't play Bloodbowl at all, but it looks intruiging, on Steam which version does the Codex play, the Legendary or the Drak Elves? I'm up for sucking up bandwidth of people's replays when they choose to upload them and cheering on everyone.

Also, a preemptive salute to everyone who ends up signing up to play.

Mantiis

Cipher
desocupado said:
I think I may want to try another team.

How long until the choices are set in stone?
We won't start for a while I don't think. Your choice isn't set in stone until you submit your team to the league. I only ask in this thread to get a general idea of what is going on Race wise and what is going through people's heads.

The problem with organising by skill is that it's subjective
Agreed. I like the idea of new teams being brought in but I also like the idea of people bringing back teams. Having a Division A and Division B would allow this to occur.

Having said that we only have ~6 ppl at the moment :oops:

Can't play Bloodbowl at all, but it looks intruiging
I don't understand - you can watch replays but not play? We are playing the legendary edition.

I was thinking about going back to Norse by the way.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Season 3? Mantiis, I've played more than 3 seasons of Codex Blood Bowl!

1. OldSkoolkamikaze
2. OldSkoolKamikaze
3. High Elves or Wood Elves*
4. GMT -5 (CST)

*If I play High Elves, I'll be bringing back my championship team from the "first" season. Even a bad argument can easily convince me not to do so.

grotsnik said:
But if there end up being too many players again, I don't mind sitting this one out seeing as I've been hogging a place twice around already.

I don't think anyone wants a coach that can put up a challenge and has shown he can reliably get his games played to have to sit out.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
There is one problem with the champ forced to start a new tier 3 team every time - it will put the champ into Division B (TV = 1000), making him/her unable to defend the title. Unless we make an exception, and the champ gets a higher starting TV - which kind of contradicts nerfing his team in the first place.

The solution would be to win the league with a tier 3 team and continuing into the next season with it (unlikely), or letting the champ play whatever team he wants, or maybe letting him/her play in division A regardless of TV.

Exmit

Scholar
:rage: I'm playing orcs and you ain't gonna troll me into some lol team.

Dead State Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Definitely in again. Probably same as last season since Wood Elves, Dark Elves and Necromantic are already picked.
maycontainzombies..toastboy..........PrE...+1
Might switch for Amazons, Ogres or Nurgle. Let me think about this.

Also congratulations to our new champion, sadly I didn't have the time to catch up with the league and haven't watched a single game of the play offs.

root said:
it's not trolling, it's the rules.

besides, orcs is almost as bad as d0rfs. have some dignity for once.
Exmit knows that if he's not playing with an unbalanced team like low TV Dwarfs or Orcs he'll get thrashed by everyone; it's why he's so resistant. :smug:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Yeah, not much of a change there, dwarfs -> orcs. Orcs are even worse to play against, actually - more versatile, and a little faster.
Of all tier 3 teams, I suggest ogres. They can make quite a good team when managed right.

Exmit

Scholar
root said:
it's not trolling, it's the rules..

I haven't seen those rules written anywhere, and no one told me about them. So they will apply from next season if i'll be the champ for 2nd time :smug:

Exmit knows that if he's not playing with an unbalanced team like low TV Dwarfs or Orcs he'll get thrashed by everyone; it's why he's so resistant. I am very smug about this issue.

I just like orcs

Yeah, not much of a change there, dwarfs -> orcs

Actualy it's a BIG change because you don't get block, tackle and tough skull(or smth) on your every guy.

Exmit

Scholar
So playing with a team that i would detest and being frustrated every match would be a sign of my 'sporting spirit'' ? fuck you , if i had to play with halflings i wouldn't play at all and just give up my 'champ' status to someone else and play with a team that i can tolerate.
If you don't play with a team that you have choosen, it's no fun, and I ain't playing this to be nazi moderated.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom