Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bloodbowl Season 2

desocupado

Magister
Mantiis said:
desocupado said:
I played my match with shuma yesterday.

I'm not sure how, but I ended up winning, and I want to check my team for level ups, so anybody can ask Shuma if it's ok, and then validate the match?

Here's the replay:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SJ4IJ0KA
This was a good game - pretty tense. The only question mark I had was with Shuma choosing push instead of defender stumbles on turn 15 vs the ball carrier who does not have dodge? Mis-click?

No, I think you were seeing when he tried a last resort blitz when I had the strenght advantage, so I got to pick the dice. I picked pushed, and then scored in my turn.

After watching some of desocupado's first games I have to say I didn't think he was up to scratch compared to some of the other Codexers in the league. I think he's really improved a lot in a short time :thumbsup:

Mantiis

Cipher
desocupado said:
No, I think you were seeing when he tried a last resort blitz when I had the strenght advantage, so I got to pick the dice. I picked pushed, and then scored in my turn.

Ah that makes sense, it was a gutter runner doing the attack so I should have come to that conclusion on my own. Bleh.

Edit:

Hey look what I found in the CBBL let's play thread:

grotsnik said:
Mantiis said:
There is a chance that you two will face off in the final....

With my 3-0 deficit in the books? Ho, ho, I doubt it. I'll be nice and safe in the losers' corner while your thralls are getting dwarf-molested.
:troll:

Exmit

Scholar
I wonder if Grotsnik believed what happened in the end, because i sure didn't .

D0rf rape squad on to the finals :salute:

grotsnik

Arcane
Did I believe that
in the sixteenth turn your AG3 Runner really danced out of contact with four of my players, then threw the ball more than half the length of the pitch, past my Skink with Catch, for your FUCKING BLOCKER to catch?
No. Actually, I still don't believe it.

Replay is below; I may need to give Blood Bowl a break for a week or two until my intense, bloodstained, raging butthurt dies down.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19655189/dwarfliz3.db

Des, I took out one of the little buggers for your next match, at least. Go for it bro. :salute:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, shit. To be honest, I was hoping for a deso-grotsnik final. No offense, Exmit.

Watched the humans-rats replay. It wasn't Shuma's best match. Deso did good - exploited opponent's mistakes, as he should. Not a very spectacular game, but nice to watch anyway.

Good luck in the final, to both teams.

Pussycat669

Liturgist
Just watched the replay. Hot damn! That last touchdown really came out of the blue. Anyways, I'll root for you in the finals Exmit. May the little feet of your dwarfs carry the ball swiftly to the endzone.

Mantiis

Cipher
THIS IS IT! WEEKS AND WEEKS OF FOULING AND DEATHS HAVE LED TO THE FOLLOWING MATCHUP:

The CODEX DEFENDERS:
CodexDefenders.jpg

Vs
The DRUNKEN DEX DORFZ:
DrunkenDexDorfz.jpg

Place your bets!!!!

May the best humanoid win!!!!!!!

Humans vs Dwarf. Seriously?

Shuma

Scholar
Congrats to Deso, definitely rooting for you over those filthy Dwarves. And we did have a great game, unfortunately for me, I made several mistakes on a few keys plays and it cost me. I find that generally when I lose, there's something I could have done better.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
OK, so, the last touchdown in semi-finals is a an instant stuff of legends. Really good move there, Exmit, although very lucky too.

This was a very close match, and a good one to watch. Kudos to both coaches. Good job.

Shuma

Scholar
I don't want to be the bearer of bad tidings, but Exmit's last play wasn't that lucky. It was about a 1 in 5 chance, and such things are dreadfully common in BB. The skink with catch had no bearing on the play as no intercept roll was made. Also, just for reference grot, it doesn't matter how many TZ's the dodger is going away FROM (barring skills like Diving Tackle or Prehensile Tail), it matters how many they are going TO. In this case it was zero, making that dodge no more difficult than if you had only one TZ on the ball carrier. You probably already knew this, but I'm throwing it out there for other players who might not know.

That said, Exmit made the throw more difficult for himself by running before passing, but sometimes those mistakes don't make a difference.

Shuma

Scholar
Pussycat669 said:
Moving before passing affects the results too? I really need to read those rules one day.

No, but he moved his receiver out to Long Pass range, giving him a minus to the roll. If he had moved and passed first with the thrower, the range is shorter and you don't get a minus to your roll (or if you're in really close range (~ 2 squares), you get a +1 to the pass attempt. You can see those range bands when you try a pass.

Exmit

Scholar
Sneak peek of the final

1ynq5.jpg

Outnumbered d0rfz pull out ' this ....... IS...... DORFIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA' and show what small smelly drunken men are capable of :thumbsup:

Good match :salute:

desocupado

Magister
Well, thanks for the support guys, it's appreciated.

But exmit is the new champ.

Fucker got a shitton of sixes, I on the other hand, failed a go for it, re-rolled, and failed again. Twice.

That's not to say it was only luck, he played well, and I, well, I just started this shit.

If somebody could please do a breakdown of dice numbers, I'm curious to know. It might be my imagination, because when you're on the receiving end, it looks like the fucking RNG is out to get you.

Here's the rep:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YI7J17D0

Shuma

Scholar
Good show, old chap. I'll have a look at the match later. DAMN DORFIES!

:x

Mantiis

Cipher
Ah god dammit, fucking dwarves!

I mean yay for Exmit he is the new champ after picking up this game a couple of months ago. :)

His group consisted of Grotsnik, Grunker and DeathBunny so not an easy group to get out of. He then faced Pussycat669/Basi50's Amazons and even though that match up is heavily in favour of the dwarves Basti was no pushover and Exmit won with a 2-1 grind. Then somehow he was matched up with Grotsniks Lizzies again, clearly Cyanide's code for play-off's needs to be looked at as that should never happen considering they started in the same group. Having said that Exmit pulls of a huge upset and manages to throw a pass to a dwarf camped in the endzone on turn 16 to win the match.

Finally Exmit takes on Deso's Humees and puts the hurt into them. We have a new champ.

EXMIT NEW BLOODBOWL CHAMP!

Exmit

Scholar
Much obliged :salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom