Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bloodbowl Season 2

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
:salute:

I played my last match with Exmit, since the results are not important for who moves on to the play-off, there's no write-up. But you can watch the replay, which includes dwarven dodging, loads of touchdowns, and clawing wolves. Or, just get the spoiler:

2-2. One instance of a dwarf dodging two times, once into a tackle-zone.

I got two level-ups, and both rolled doubled. So my +AG werewolf now has Mighty Blow for epic awesomeness, and one of my ghouls has Nerves of Steel (a new gimmick I'm trying).

Dead Money is moving on to the next league for damned sure :yeah:

Mantiis

Cipher
Shuma and I just had our last game and after analysing it he sent me the following through Steam and I am going to use it as a write up for our match:

Shuma: well for giggles lets see
Shuma: 12/19 bloodlust
Shuma: you rolled 14 1's
Shuma: 5 2's
Shuma: 3 3's
Shuma: 3 4's
Shuma: 8 5's
Shuma: 5 6's

I then decided to put it into a pie chart for shits and giggles:
Awesome.jpg

So lovely.

The game then decided to shit on me further and crash on turn 11 or so. I decided (RE:I had a sook) that I didn't want to replay that game and conceded the match to Shuma 2-0. He was up 2-0 by that stage so the scoreline was a flattering one for me I would suggest.

Shit way to go out but it is my own fault for picking vamps. Bleh.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Just started trying this out today. Currently playing Skavens as murderous cunts dogpiling enemy teams into submission. Currently 3 for 4 against the AI on normal, and my last 2 matches were against another skaven team that suffered something like a dozen injuries and one death between the two matches. Think I might buy it so I can play with you guys. Is there anywhere to get it cheaper than the 40$ they're charging? A bit steep for me right now. Steam doesn't seem to be offering any deal on it, anywhere else sell it? How much longer before you start up the next league?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
First off: Mantiis, you fucking rock. Awesome is you. This and the last league have been really, really fucking great. Also thanks to the people who played, especially for playing expediously and sticking to the league throughout. It's kind of impressive for such a huge league to seem to finish without problems!

Second, @DamnedRegistrations: It's a blast playing that's for sure. Multiplayer turn-based combat. I know they sell these at my local game-shop, and they sell them on Cyanide's website too, but both are more expensive than Steam.

grotsnik

Arcane
UK Amazon's offering it for just over £11 now, so there are considerably cheaper versions out there.

Damned Registrations

Wow, people don't exaggerate about the dice being fucking screwy. Just rolled like 8 'attacker down' dice in a row. Kinda makes everything else pointless if you never get to make any moves because your players fall down before doing anything every single turn.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Try doing no-risk moves first (non-dodge movement, getting up), low-risk second (1 in 6 fail chance, preferably with a re-roll) and high-risk at the last. That way You will get at least some of the job done on Your turn.

Castanova

Prophet
I keep forgetting to check on Steam for Yardie. Still gotta play the last match.

Yeah, Mico's advice is typically sound. Although, sometimes it's better to do high-risk stuff first rather than last. Reason being, if you move everyone and then attempt a high-risk move, you may not be able to take advantage if the high-risk move succeeds. That just comes with feel/experience, of course.

Damned Registrations

MicoSelva said:
Try doing no-risk moves first (non-dodge movement, getting up), low-risk second (1 in 6 fail chance, preferably with a re-roll) and high-risk at the last. That way You will get at least some of the job done on Your turn.

The problem is when half my team is on their asses at the start of my turn. If they all get up and don't move/dodge away from enemy blockers, they'll just get knocked back down next turn, possibly injured or killed. But for some reason my gutter runners can't dodge away from an orc while meanwhile a fucking dwarf just waltzes past my rat ogre.

It's all very :x Especially when my thrower can't pick up the fucking ball. It's the only thing he's even there for. There's like a 1/9 chance of failure. Why does he fail half the time? :cry:

Dirk Diggler

Scholar
Keep at it, the dice aren't nearly as broken as they seem, there are just outstanding bouts of bad luck which happen.

Mantiis

Cipher
It's all very Especially when my thrower can't pick up the fucking ball. It's the only thing he's even there for. There's like a 1/9 chance of failure. Why does he fail half the time?

This is why one makes pie charts at the end of a match making fun of all the ones one rolls. If you take it too seriously you will rage like you have never raged before and break something.

Grunker said:
First off: Mantiis, you fucking rock. Awesome is you. This and the last league have been really, really fucking great. Also thanks to the people who played, especially for playing expediously and sticking to the league throughout. It's kind of impressive for such a huge league to seem to finish without problems!

Don't jinx it! We still haven't finished this one!

Yes I am awesome tho.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
DamnedRegistrations said:
MicoSelva said:

The problem is when half my team is on their asses at the start of my turn. If they all get up and don't move/dodge away from enemy blockers, they'll just get knocked back down next turn, possibly injured or killed. But for some reason my gutter runners can't dodge away from an orc while meanwhile a fucking dwarf just waltzes past my rat ogre.

It's all very :x Especially when my thrower can't pick up the fucking ball. It's the only thing he's even there for. There's like a 1/9 chance of failure. Why does he fail half the time? :cry:
Last game I played with my DE team ended with only 3 of my players standing at the end (and of the 8 out, 6 were casualties). I got 4 or 5 double 1's on dodges during the game. Next match I'm playing with 4 journeymen.
Yet, I still consider it to be a rather lucky match, since nobody on my team died and my opponent forgot to score on his final turn, making it a reasonable 0-2 defeat. :thumbsup:

Damned Registrations

Becoming more and more interested as I play more and watch replays. Also realizing I got all the wrong upgrades on all the wrong players. Oh well.

Mantiis

Cipher
Where are we on the last 4 games? Any word from the coaches who haven't played yet?

desocupado

Magister
root said:
me and deso just finished our match. feel free to validate it. i'm drunk and tired so I hope he does the write-up.

You won, you gloated, you do the write up.

Dead State Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Basti and I will try to play our game in the next few days. It's hard to be specific. Today is the beginning of six days of collective drunkenness where I live. And I feel the need to participate.

Dead State Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
So here's the writeup of the final game in group 1. Basti and I both stand at 7 points, so trying to find out what the tie breaker is, I buy another linemen to beat Basti in TV. Still third, meh. I believe in TDs for/against we stand at 8/7 and 5/4 .

The game starts with the elves kicking on a very sunny day. Forgetting I have a player with kick, I kick the ball right to the center of Basti's half. He knocks my guys on the LoS down, KOing a journeyman and tries to pick up the ball. No dice.

I advance my defensive line a bit and move a blitzer behind his lines to harass his ball carrier the next turn. Again Basti tries to pick the ball up but fails even with a reroll. I try to move a lineman next to his thrower to beat her up with my blitzer and get the ball. One GFI, 1, reroll, 1, KO. Apparently the coaches aren't the only ones who drunk. His thrower finally manages to grab the ball and a cage is formed on his right side. I take down the front left corner with a blitzer and blitz the thrower with my wrestling catcher. Down she goes. On his turn he knocks down a catcher and a bltzer in the center of the pitch but only manages to push and elf near the ball. I down his blitzer and set a linewoman up for crowdsurfing but my blitzer only gets a both down. With two tackle zones on the ball I decide not to pick it up. My blitzer gets pushed and I couldn't resist to move him onto the ball. The ball now is next to the sidelines. The blitzer gets pushed again and the ball goes off bounds. It gets thrown right between a lineelf and an amazon blitzer on the LoS, who then stuns my other blitzer and two amazons move to next to both of my LoS elves.

On my turn I only manage to push both of them and the blitzer next to the ball. My thrower picks it up, but I decide not to pass it to my catcher, fearing an interception and two GFI to the touchdown line and build a cage instead. I move the catcher ahead a bit. He then marks him again and attacks my cage. I try to push away one of the marking amazons with a blitzer but get a both down. My catcher fails to dodge away and is stunned. On his third try he also takes the blitzer down and pushes my cage a bit. A blitzer is moved next to my thrower but gets pushed away again on my turn. As time is running out I move a catcher towards the TD line and try a 2+ pass to him, 1 and 1. Our final turns end without anything interesting happening.

Both of my KOed elves recover for the second half. I start with a two dice block wih my journeyman and it's double skulls. KOed again on the first turn of the half, what an elven cliche. I try a reroll but to no avail. He fails to down anyone on his turn and so do I, at least I picked up the ball this turn. He downs a lineelf and a catcher and I finally take an amazon down again. His blitzers, deciding that they need no second dice punch two of my linemen and one decides to die. Since he has kick and I'm still fairly optimistic about winning this I decide to save him and my apothecary delivers. Nothing worth mentioning is accomplished on my turn. So he shows how it's done by injuring another lineelf.

I break through is lines with my catchers. He blitzes the one further to the TD line and stuns him. The other catcher is marked by four amazons. So I try to use this to my advantage by blitzing through his now weak left side. My blitzer has the honor to do that but fails his dodge, twice.

My catcher gets beaten up and my thrower one dice blitzed. Stun. He picks up the ball out of my tackle zones but fails to dodge out.

It's already turn 15 now, so I set my catchers up for a last minute throw to handoff TD. Both catchers get marked by to amazons and my ball carrier is taken down. A linewoman tries to get the ball but fails even with a reroll to get it out of two tackle zones.

I pick up the ball, pass it to my first catcher burning a reroll, he catches, dodges away and hands it off to my other catcher. One more 2+ dodge to go and it's a TD.
But he fails. An amazon catcher picks it up, makes 2 GFIs, does a 5+ pass, the other catcher catches it, being marked and makes another two GFIs for a touchdown. Fuck this game.

le replay

Pussycat669

Liturgist
That pretty much sums it up nicely. You can clearly see how I desperately struggle to find any good counter tactics against those blasted elves running and jumping around. I left way too many gaps that were only covered by one gal. My initial hope was that I might get another lucky streak on injury rolls like how it was with the Norse but it didn't want to happen and even with three players short the elves always had way too good chances to score for my taste. Only mistake on toastboy's part that I could make out was to attack with the merc lineman first when he was on the offense. That pretty much screamed for a catastrophe to happen. All in all a very tight match with quiet a lot of 1's going around.

And those sidestepping blitzers drove me nuts.

Mantiis

Cipher
Two more games to go:

OSK vs Klavier

and

Castanova Vs Yardie

After these two matches it is off to the finals! So far we have the following that have qualified:

Group 1:
Undead0Pheonix (Cha)
Basti50 (Ama)

Group 2:
Exmit (Dwa.... FFS)
Grotsnik (Lizzies! Woooo!)

Group 3:
desocupado (Hum)
????????? - all three remaining players can get through

Group 4:
Shuma (Ska)
???????? - More than likely to be Castanova.

Pussycat669

Liturgist
Me and toastboy might still switch. I don't think I feel so comfortable with the current situation.

BB.jpg

Edit: Is there a replay from the last deso vs. root match? Can't find it anywhere.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom