Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bloodbowl Season 2

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Hi guise...

So I'm back. And it was good. I'm ready to play tommorrow and wednesday, if Grotsnik is fresh :)

grotsnik

Arcane
Grunker said:
Hi guise...

So I'm back. And it was good. I'm ready to play tommorrow and wednesday, if Grotsnik is fresh :)

Wednesday sounds good! Hope your trip was awesome.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
grotsnik said:
Grunker said:
Hi guise...

Wednesday sounds good! Hope your trip was awesome.

Beyond awesome. Eating steak and getting drunk with the WotC-people was entertaining as hell. Those people can party in spite (because?) of their immense nerdness.

Wednesday is a deal. I'm working from 19-22 GMT+1, but I'm available at most other times on Steam.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
The day had finally arrived on which the grizzly Dead Money (Grunker) would face off against the horrible Reptillian New World Order (Grotsnik) once again! Dead Money was out for revenge - and RNWO wanted to cement their chances at going to the play-offs.

RNWO kicks off, and Dead Money's +AG werewolf picks it off. Dead Money tries some feigning shennanigans, to which RNWO proves immune. Finally, Dead Money decides to go for a more standard running game; RNWO positions a couple of skinks in a vulnerable position, and Dead Money's frenzied werewolves grab the advantage and push some of the small lizards into the frothing crowd. Dead Money ferociously pushes to the right side, and gets a in a good position. A single Saurus and three skinks are protecting the TD-line from the overwhelming forces of two wolves, a wight, a ghoul, a zombie and a single flesh golem protecting their backs.

Dead Money goes for the obvious play; a TD blitz on the outermost skink with a wolf, trying to get a clear path for a ghoul to run home a TD. The wolf blitzes, blocks, and.... DOUBLE SKULL. Shit. Well, fuck it, plenty of re-rolls to go around. Re-roll, and... DOUBLE SKULL. The wolf goes to the ground, a skink blitzes the ball-carrying ghoul, and suddenly Dead Money is on defence. They carry out this sour task well, and the half ends 0-0.

Next half things get rough on the left side of the lane. With two flesh golems, Dead Money is more capable of handling the Saurus cage compared to the last match of these two brave teams. Clusterfucking is inevitable, and the two teams do battle right next to the side-lines, the bloodlusting crowd bellowing for blood.

Dead Money gets in an ok position with four Saurus knocked over. Grotsnik raises on of the sauruses and... makes a fatal misclick. Instead of just standing the Saurus up, Grotsnik by mistake commands him to walk one tile, which requires a dodge.

As we all know, the saurus is hardly a master of balance, and he falls flat on his arse. Cheap as it might be, Grunker is not about to give up this chance of using this misplay to steal the game. He knocks out the ball-carrier, and the ball goes to the crowd, who tosses it to the right side of the field. A ghould picks it up, and is protected far too well for the tied-down-by-zombies Sauruses on the mid-field or the two or three skinks in the back to protect.

Dead Money goes for the kill aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand

TOUCHDOWN! 1-0 Dead Money (Grunker)

With just two turns left on the clock, Grotsnik's reptiles have to make a brilliant play to scrape home a tie. The first turn is used to set up a nasty wall of Saurus as deep as possible into Grunker's side of the field, with skinks positioned a little back, allowing for a I-can-barely-make-it-run on the touchdown-line. Grunker's Dead Money proceeds to set up a defence, knocking out some skinks/saurus and setting up the most possible tackle-zones for the ball-carrying skink.

On his next turn, Grotsnik knocks out or away all of these tackle-zones, and goes for the TD... One GFI roll... GOOD!... Second GFI roll... GOOD!... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand

TOUCHDOWN! 1-1

The game ends after a futile attempt of Grunker to knock down some Saurus. Also, one of Dead Money's ghouls makes a pass for SPP to a wolf, but in a fit of ultimate retardedness, Grunker puts the wrong ghoul on the ball, so instead of a leveled-up ghoul, Dead Money is now the proud owner of a 5/6SPP ghoul and a 4/6SPP ghoul.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Woops, I forgot. Replay is here. It might be an alright game in terms of how equal the players were, but there wasn't a lot of gore sadly :(

My games have turned out to be bloodless, even though my wolves are cracking skulls all the time, and opponents are tearing at my wolves in return.

grotsnik

Arcane
Grunker said:
Also, one of Dead Money's ghouls makes a pass for SPP to a wolf, but in a fit of ultimate retardedness, Grunker puts the wrong ghoul on the ball, so instead of a leveled-up ghoul, Dead Money is now the proud owner of a 5/6SPP ghoul and a 4/6SPP ghoul.

I wondered what you were trying to do there!

Great write-up :salute:

My only level-up was on my goddamn MVP-guzzler, Blocky the skink. He now has Side-Step in order to better irritate my enemies.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Shuma said:
Sounds like a good game... replay?

As far as I can see, Basti and Scratchmonkey haven't played yet, and UndeadPhoenix' game has been validated since they haven't asked :)

scratchmonkey

Educated
We just played.

I finished with 6 injured players! Basti was at one point unlucky not to leave me with only one player standing.

ETA: Write-up will have to wait for another 10 hours or so, we're both swamped with various things and that's the first open period either of us has.

Shuma

Scholar
scratchmonkey said:
We just played.

I finished with 6 injured players! Basti was at one point unlucky not to leave me with only one player standing.

ETA: Write-up will have to wait for another 10 hours or so, we're both swamped with various things and that's the first open period either of us has.

Ahem.

:M :M :M Replay, please? :M :M :M

Mantiis

Cipher
This is the final round ladies and gents let's make it a good one! BLOOD!

grotsnik

Arcane
Mantiis said:
This is the final round ladies and gents let's make it a good one! BLOOD!

Mantiis, oo-oo
I just killed a rotter
Hit him with a Saurus
He started bleeding like he was porous
Mantiis, the league had just begun
But CrimsonAngel and I had a pretty good game

Er, match needs validation. Will provide replay and write-up when not drunk.

grotsnik

Arcane
I'm sorry, Grunker. 2-0 to me was the final score.

So your main priority is now wrecking the Dorfs beyond repair before they enter the second tourney. Don't let us down!

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
grotsnik said:
I'm sorry, Grunker. 2-0 to me was the final score.

So your main priority is now wrecking the Dorfs beyond repair before they enter the second tourney. Don't let us down!

Aw man :(

Well, good luck in play-offs, Grotty. Besides goblins, it's 'dem reptiles I root for!

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Not a lot i could do.

I did manage to foul the hell out of his Saurens though, but becaus it was snow i could never go for it so i had to take to many chances and it never payed of.

Also for some reason by Chaos warriors Kept catching the ball, but never when i needed it.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Since grotsnik is the only one (so far) who managed to beat my ogre team in multiplayer (twice!) (and one time with halflings!), I will be rooting for Reptillian NWO - The Codex Defenders final.

I will add new replay files to the package in the evening.

grotsnik

Arcane
Replay.

The Grotsneid

And lo! As the mighty avalanche rains down boulders and great stones
Upon the terrified citizens, and as the torrent brings devastation
To the ploughman's fields, so did noble CrimsonAngel
Win the toss and, with a roar that made Jupiter in his palace
Tremble, decided to kick off rather than receive the ball.
Murmurings there were from the crowd and foul Grotsnik
Who prefers to receive, himself, and so dictate the pace of the game.
The ball fell; and a cunning Skink, snatching up the ball, made
For the right half , protected by two Sauruses with Block and a host
Of his puny fellows. Grotsnik, sure of his four re-rolls to Crimson's two,
Struck out with his players upon the line of scrimmage. Great Obama
There was, and Queen Elizabeth II, satirically-named and mighty,
And their fists flashed in the sunlight. Warriors of Nurgle staggered;
None, however, were wounded. And as CrimsonAngel moved
His troops, resplendent in their decaying armour, to intercept,
A filthy Rotter and his fellows kicked downwards upon a fallen Saurus.
Juno was with them that day, for the referee turned his cowardly head
And refused to look as the poor lizard was bludgeoned into darkness.
Swift were the heels of the Reptilian New World Order, and few the skills
Of the slow Receivers of the Blessing, being mostly still at first level;
The lizards moved fast, protecting themselves from the rear, and Crim
Devoted only a token effort towards halting the Skink, dodging out
A bestial Pestigor to halt the tiny god's progress and spending the rest
Of his turn bashing Reptilians and knocking out another Saurus
With a rotter's foul. Squeaking shrill defiance, and backed up
By his enormous fellows, the Skink flew forward and danced a happy dance
Upon the unstained, emerald grass of the Nurgle team's endzone.

1-0 to the Reptilian NWO.

And so it was that, with four or five turns left in the half, great Crim
Snatched up the ball, called upon his dark and pestilent god, watching
From the shadows beyond the stars, and sallied forth across the pitch.
But as the fiery light of a volcanic eruption surges up and out, blazing the very ground,
The Sauruses' ST 4 & Block could not be contained. The Pestigor fell, bleating,
And the ball tumbled out into the hands of a proud Warrior of Nurgle,
Just barely in the opposition half, held back by the howling blizzard.
Bravely, he struck out, and instantly fell over. The lizards, chortling,
Ignored him and spent their final go trying to get some injuries in.

Night spread her widow's veil across the pitch as the second half began;
Bathed in the wine-like dusk, the Receivers, er, received, and weary,
Sweating palms clenched into fists once again. A Rotter, cackling
With murder in his gaze, fouled once more, and achieved a third Saurus K.O.,
But the gods had finally grown tired of his antics and a whistle-blow
Took him out of the patch. It was now that a mighty lizard, hissing
Furiously at the opposition's treachery, swung a scaled hand
And a Rotter perished, loose flesh and dangling skin disintegrating
Beneath the onslaught of scale. But faltering Grotsnik had left a gap.
His left wing exposed, two Pestigors exploited the space, one goat
Protecting the ball-carrier, a mere turn away from the line. All seemed lost.
The lizards trembled and cowered back from their counterparts, fearing
A draw and the chance this would give Mars-favoured Grunker to snatch
Victory out upon the point of his spear. But noble Jimmy the Skink,
He who had taken Block on a double-roll, against the advice of all
Common sense, stepped forward. "Great lizards!" he cried. "Why do ye
Flinch? Why do ye falter? I, for one, do not fear death but the shame
Of defeat and the infamy of drawing." Blitzing forth, as the small child
Steps into the path of a monstrous steam-roller, he took the 2-d against
Roll. A re-roll was not required; Jupiter, upon his throne, bellowed
With laughter at the pluck and the cheek, and the dice of destiny
Were two 'Defender Stumbles'. The ball launched forth; and Jimmy,
Indestructible reptile, snatched it up. Upon the sixteenth turn,
He made his score. As the sun sets in the east, the ball descended
Into the dead earth, its hollow scars filled with the blood of both teams.

2-0 to the Reptilian New World Order.[/b]

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom