Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bloodbowl Season 2

Mantiis

Cipher
THE LEAGUE HAS STARTED.
Week 3 GRAND FINAL!!
PlayOffsWeek2.jpg

Groups/Rankings:
rankings.jpg

Play Offs!
PlayOffsWeek2.jpg

PlayOffsWeek1.jpg

History
History1.jpg

History2.jpg

History3.jpg

All Replays:
Download link

[pre]SteamNick..........Coach.............Race..GMT
ManT...............ManT..............Vam...+10
Basti50............Basti50...........Ama...+1
DeathBunny.........DeathBunny........Nur...+1
Exmit..............Exmit.............Dwa...+1
Grunker............Grunker...........Nec...+1
maycontainzombies..toastboy..........PrE...+1
Grotty.............Grotsnik..........Liz...+0
Ud0Phoenix.........Undead0Phoenix....Cha...+0
deso...............desocupado........Hum...-3
mafeking_root......root..............Khe...-3
Yakubs.............Castanova.........HiE...-5
Memestream.........Klavier...........DaE...-6
OldSkoolKamikaze...OldSkoolKamikaze..Gob...-6
Yardbomb...........Yardie............Und...-6
shuma..............shuma.............Ska...-7
Scratchmonkey......Scratchmonkey.....Nor...-8
[/pre]

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Shit is on, muthafuckas!

1. Grunker
2. GMT+1
3. Grunker
4. Necromantic

You should totally go vampires. OSK says if you do, he'll go goblins. :salute:

Mantiis

Cipher
darkpatriot said:
well steam will be a no go for me. oh well.
You don't have to buy it through steam we just use it as a messaging service. Never understood the fear people have of it.

Dirk Diggler

Scholar
1. Memestream
2. GMT - 6
3. Klavier
4. I concluded that I would hold on to my Dark Elf team as they seem to have just now gotten on an even kilter.

grotsnik

Arcane
Mantiis said:
I am seriously considering vampires

And there was much laughter.

I really don't know...do I take the easy cheating option and carry over my semi-competent Orcs? Or do I take a new Liz team and prepare to be outplayed by all these ball-handling goddamn elf teams that are cropping up?

Alternatively, I could pick Halflings, steal everyone's re-rolls, and giggle like a maniac as my entire team is taken out. But I think I'm too wussily competitive for that.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
A word of caution: Have all the new players thought about the time investment involved in this? There's a fair amount of dedication required to play steadily once per week. Furthermore, your players WILL get killed and your team WILL be fucked, your best player WILL be ruined by an injury. Ragequits in Blood Bowl are fairly common, but as much as one player quitting the league will completely ruin it for everyone else.

So please make sure you are ready to commit fully to the league - both in terms of time, and in terms of you being ready to potentially play with a ruined team that got decimated in the first match.

darkpatriot said:
I HATE STEAM!

You realize you don't have to use it for anything else than a chat-system, right? I own Blood Bowl outside of Steam. So you won't have to "support" them.

Exmit said:
one more thing, we are doing legendary edition ?

Yes.

Exmit

Scholar
Grunker said:
Furthermore, your players WILL get killed and your team WILL be fucked, your best player WILL be ruined by an injury.

Yes i know this , no problem , i'm playing on FUMBBL and 4 players deaths and 7 kos is nothing special for me :M

Exmit said:
Count me in , i'm getting bb today or tomorrow.

1) nuggetx
2) GMT +1
3) don't have yet :M (will update)
4) Dwarfs

one more thing, we are doing legendary edition ?
:x

1) Ud0Phoenix
2) GMT + 0
3) Undead0Phoenix
4) Dwarfs - no, wait, Exmit, Necromantic - no, wait, Grunker, Lizzies / Orcs, depending on which grotsnik doesn't take

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
1. OldSkoolKamikaze
2. GMT -6
3. OldSkoolKamikaze
4. Goblins

That's right, Goblins. After dominating the last tourney where only one player was able to score on me (as High Elves, lol) Mantiis has strongly suggested that I play one of the shit tier teams. I'd rather not with all the new blood, but oh well. I probably won't win many games (if any), but I'll have fun chainsawing all these elves! ...And getting smashed into paste by the Dwarfs.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Castanova said:
OldSkoolKamikaze said:
That's right, Goblins.

Seems like a bit of a waste. Do you really want to commit to playing a joke team for the whole season?

Yeah, because we're playing for fun. I'm not the kind of person to throw a hissy fit at the thought of possibly playing in a tourney where someone has the same, but more experienced, team as me.

Castanova

Prophet
Since when is a civilized argument about possible rules for the season a "hissy fit?" Says the dude who, according to 10 games-worth of written evidence, was clearly hyper-competitive against some rote newbies in this last league. :lol:

Yes, we all know you're such a good BB player that you're going to play Goblins just for the hell of it. Congrats. A confident BB player would actually attempt to defend the title.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Nice. Pre-season trash-talk.

:avatard:

In all honesty, anyone actually disliking OSK playing goblins is probably afraid of losing to him, being ridiculed as a result.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Castanova said:
Since when is a civilized argument about possible rules for the season a "hissy fit?"

When your argument is nothing more than a veneer for your butthurt:
Castanova said:
More fun for people who get to carry over teams, you mean.
Castanova said:
But whatever. Ultimately it looks like there will be more votes for carryover teams than not so it is what it is. In that case, I'd request a shorter league season since it'll be a glorified practice run for new coaches anyway.

The butthurt is palpable.

Castanova said:
Says the dude who, according to 10 games-worth of written evidence, was clearly hyper-competitive against some rote newbies in this last league. :lol:

And where's the evidence I was hyper-competitive? The trash talk? That was for fun. The winning record? There's nothing fun about purposely throwing matches. The fact I chose not to carry over my old team should be enough to prove I'm not hyper-competitive. The fact I'm playing goblins only compounds that.

And it's funny that YOU of all people are calling me hyper-competitive. Your entire argument against carrying over teams was that new coaches, like yourself, wouldn't be competitive.

Castanova said:
Why would I want to play a High Elf team when I know I'm going to face your High Elf team with all the same players as me plus 20 skills? It's basically forcing new entrants to pick front-loaded teams otherwise we'd never be competitive.

Why the hell do you think I made the SSB tourney-fag jab?

You get upset at the thought of me carrying over my team because it puts you at a disadvantage of beating me. Then you get upset at me playing a joke team because it robs you of a meaningful victory, or worst-case scenario embarrasses the hell out of you. Sorry you won't get the chance to show everyone how awesome you are by playing me on a level playing field, Mr. Hyper-competitive. Get over it and quit finding things to complain about.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
OH i forgot something.

You are all going down and your mothers are whores.
See you in the End ZONE!.

Exmit

Scholar
So this is the part where everyone flex his muscles and penises?

Should i start with the trash-talk or penis part ?

Exmit

Scholar
Ok here is some for everyone:

Mantiis: you seem ok for hosting league
Grunker: You are a ugly balding skinny old man that smell of vinegar
Darkpatriot: Sissy whinning boy who is not willing to use steam WAAHHH WAAHHH I'M NOT GONNA SUPPORT THEM
good little toastboy: not much i can tell, penguin? okay...
Dirk Diggler: I'm gonna pound you in the ass you little whore
grotsnik: avatar smells like a pedo material for me
CrimsonAngel: You're not that tough mommas boy
UndeadPhoenix: nothing yet
Castanova: emo dark elf wrist cutter
OSK: nothing yet

penis will follow.....

LET BLOOD BOWL COMMENCE HIC

400_F_19207030_BVMhqhzJxkNBlKW34KvQX3BohMRCjMql.jpg

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Grunker said:
Exmit said:
So this is the part where everyone flexes his muscles and penises?

Should i start with trash-talk or penis part ?

Preferably both.

Who needs muscles when you got a penis like this? :smug:

Castanova

Prophet
OldSkoolKamikaze said:
You get upset at the thought of me carrying over my team because it puts you at a disadvantage of beating me.

I didn't get upset. I argued my side of the argument. ITT OSK gets butthurt about perceived but non-existent butthurt.

OldSkoolKamikaze said:
Then you get upset at me playing a joke team because it robs you of a meaningful victory

Again, I didn't get upset. You constantly seem to want me to be getting upset but, unfortunately, your forum presence does not warrant that level of emotion.

The reason, in fact, that I suggested you pick a different team was for your own benefit. I suspect being locked into a joke team for 2 months will wear thin rather quickly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom