Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Bloodborne. Discuss or die!

Hobo Elf

Arcane
The big thing I already dislike is how the game gimps your stats no matter if you're summoned by someone at a higher or lower level than you are. I've also heard from other people I played with that invaders get 30% less health which I am assuming that's where dark souls 3 got that bs.

Nope. Once again a game mechanic that you don't like that originated from Demon's Souls, although it was much harsher there. Your HP could get cut by 50% if you died and the only way to invade others was to do it in soul form.
Your hp could get cut by 50% if you died while invading?

Iin Demon's Souls if you died your HP would get cut by 50% and would stay that way until you regained your body form. The only way to invade or co-op with others in DeS is to do it while you are dead, which meant that you had to do it with 50% less HP. There's a ring that increases your max HP to ~70% if you're dead, but ring slots being quite valuable means that you'll be losing out on something important.

sullynathan

Arcane
The big thing I already dislike is how the game gimps your stats no matter if you're summoned by someone at a higher or lower level than you are. I've also heard from other people I played with that invaders get 30% less health which I am assuming that's where dark souls 3 got that bs.

Nope. Once again a game mechanic that you don't like that originated from Demon's Souls, although it was much harsher there. Your HP could get cut by 50% if you died and the only way to invade others was to do it in soul form.

Iin Demon's Souls if you died your HP would get cut by 50% and would stay that way until you regained your body form. The only way to invade or co-op with others in DeS is to do it while you are dead, which meant that you had to do it with 50% less HP. There's a ring that increases your max HP to ~70% if you're dead, but ring slots being quite valuable means that you'll be losing out on something important.
So like souls 2. I would manage then, i still wouldn't like it.

Hobo Elf

Arcane

So like souls 2. I would manage then, i still wouldn't like it.

Dark Souls 2 was more lenient about it since it was a slow incremential decrease. DaS1 had decreasing max HP as well but only if you got cursed.

sullynathan

Arcane
My God the amygdala is such a lengthy and tough fight in NG+. Reminds me of the four kings in dark souls.

It's manageable in NG but in NG+ the shit gets crazy.

Silva

Arcane
Hearing sullynathan experiences made me start a new play through. This time with a Bloodtinge, Leone-era Clint Eastwood style gunslinger.

*edit: like this haha

And man, coming straight from Dark Souls 3 it's such a change of pace and intensity. Gascoigne fight alone gave me more thrills than anything in DS3. I love this game.

Last edited:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Reminds me of all the hilarious kind of characters you can make in Bloodborne with the character editor, like
jTi4tH9.jpg

sullynathan

Arcane
I'm just going through the chalice dungeons. I'm in depth 2 of Hintertoom root and it's quite easy. Most enemies fall after 2 hits and bosses die pretty quickly.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
The chalice dungeons start off really easy and boring. Takes a while before they become challenging, but the difficulty takes a sudden sharp turn.

Silva

Arcane
The cursed Watchdog was the boss who made almost puke. I must have tried around 30 times no kidding. Eventually I've found his weak point: Let him swing and dodge 2 times across its paw. This will put you behind him and let you give a couple swings. Rinse and repeat. And pray his fire butthead don't hit you because that was one-shot kill on me.

On other news, I've never got the Rakuyo because of the shark brothers (I admit it). How da f*** I kill those guys ?

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
On other news, I've never got the Rakuyo because of the shark brothers (I admit it). How da f*** I kill those guys ?

Run away to bait the charge attack, parry it (yes, it has a huge parry window), visceral, rinse and repeat.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
You can also use a shaman bone blade on one of the shark monsters and they'll fight eachother, making it easy to finish off the other one.

sullynathan

Arcane
I didn't know that there was another area within Mergo's loft. Those frenzy monsters killed me a bunch. I swear the game was trolling the hell out of me, I got invaded like 3 times and died each time since it's been a while since I've played this game.

Sacibengala

Prophet
Great game. Like it more today than the first time I played it. I think that much of it is the fact that dark souls 3 didn't lived up to my hype.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom