Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blood Bowl 2

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Piling On is far superior as a first skill to Mighty Blow at removing opposing players from the pitch, so why mighty blow?

1) Chance to break armour

5 6 7 8 9 10

PO 92.3% 82.6% 66.0% 47.8% 30.6% 16.0%
MB 83.3% 72.2% 58.3% 41.7% 27.8% 16.7%

2) Chance to remove from the pitch given armour break

PO 65.97%

MB 58.3%

3) Chance to remove from the pitch on knockdown

PO 56.0% 48.6% 37.6% 26.7% 16.8% 8.7%
MB 34.7% 30.1% 24.3% 17.4% 11.6% 6.9%

boot

Prophet
If this is your killer he's going to lose a lot of range after the piling on. MB always works, you may not always want to pile on. Your choice but this seems like a very easy decision to make for me.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
If this is your killer he's going to lose a lot of range after the piling on. MB always works, you may not always want to pile on. Your choice but this seems like a very easy decision to make for me.

I want to have one player that always blitzes one turn with piling on whatever other players are close so i don't realy care about range, there's always someone close so that's my reasoning behind this, and there's always a turn when you don't know what to do with your blitz, so this seems like the best option imo to have one player with PO first.

boot

Prophet
Your team, build it for your playstyle. I would take MB.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Piling On is far superior as a first skill to Mighty Blow at removing opposing players from the pitch, so why mighty blow?

1) Chance to break armour

5 6 7 8 9 10

PO 92.3% 82.6% 66.0% 47.8% 30.6% 16.0%
MB 83.3% 72.2% 58.3% 41.7% 27.8% 16.7%

2) Chance to remove from the pitch given armour break

PO 65.97%

MB 58.3%

3) Chance to remove from the pitch on knockdown

PO 56.0% 48.6% 37.6% 26.7% 16.8% 8.7%
MB 34.7% 30.1% 24.3% 17.4% 11.6% 6.9%

Not ending on the ground is kind of an advantage, through...
That and MB always is useful, while you need a single guy with PO.
So taking MB first makes the guy still relevant if you get a skill up that makes him a worse killer, or someone else a better killer.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Not ending on the ground is kind of an advantage, through...
That and MB always is useful, while you need a single guy with PO.
So taking MB first makes the guy still relevant if you get a skill up that makes him a worse killer, or someone else a better killer.

While I agree that ending on the ground is not optimal, you have to take in account that with MB if you roll 1+1 or similar nothing happens, with PO you can re-roll that 1+1 potentialy making a brake and injury, and while you are ending on the ground, the opponent ends on the bench.

So while having MB on whole team is pretty good, having a 1 or 2 PO for blitzing is also good.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Man, maybe you're right Makabb. Maybe one of the most fundamental pieces of BB wisdom which has proved itself right time and again has been dismantled by some random Codexian.

You know what? Maybe Block is a shit first skill as well. Why not take Tackle instead? Brilliant

So while having MB on whole team is pretty good, having a 1 or 2 PO for blitzing is also good.

what's this team you're playing where you have MB on everyone yet don't manage to get PO on any of them before having to get PO on vanilla players first

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Man, maybe you're right Makabb. Maybe one of the most fundamental pieces of BB wisdom which has proved itself right time and again has been dismantled by some random Codexian.

Maybe it is so.

You know what? Maybe Block is a shit first skill as well. Why not take Tackle instead? Brilliant

Nah, i always take block first.

what's this team you're playing where you have MB on everyone yet don't manage to get PO on any of them before having to get PO on vanilla players first

What I mean is you should get PO on one of your guy that is blitzing before MB and after block, and use him for your whole game to pound on opponent pieces and do only that with him, he will be damn annoying, KO'ing others and being foul bait.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Literal perishables.

8FWGb6A.jpg

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Can't wait for the Orca Cola season to start :bounce:

EDIT: Wait, we're in the same division sser? Looking forward to meeting you on the field :salute:

(will T16 foul you, of course, honor demands it)

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

EDIT: Wait, we're in the same division sser? Looking forward to meeting you on the field :salute:

It depends, against a team that has no shot at promotion, it is better to keep them in shape to make the work of the other teams that can still promote harder!
sser needs to earn that T16 foul!

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
This season actually gives 10 bonus points in the fouling competition for T16 fouls... the normal cap for fouling points i 5 for a dead player :lol:

I love the OCC's stance on whiners.

sser

Arcane
Developer

Yeah, I'm not at very experienced with BB. The only team I have a positive win record with is Bretonnian at something like 6-5. I'll be happy if I just win one game :salute:

sser

Arcane
Developer
And that's a loss. 0-1 vs. Ogres. Ironically, the only dice I could really land hits on were his ogres, and in doing that I injured as many ogres as I did snotlings :roll:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Got a loss as well, 0-1. Played poorly and my few good plays didn't pay off. Had a really clever chain push to score in turned 8 but failed my single GFI with a re-roll unfortunately, also failed a couple of hand-off touchdowns on T13+.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom