Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blizzard working on next Diablo project

It is lacking the RPG in "RPG," sadly.

Kutulu

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex
What is it that diehard fans feel is missing anyways?

To me, they're all kind of the same loot grind action RPG. They do it well. I just could never play any of them very long (multiple playthroughs).

If they were to go in a different direction, I'd just wish they made a plain RPG and utilized the writer they have. He's the same guy who did the more hardcore Krogans in ME2 (Okeer, the male Shaman, Grunt) and Jack. Until he left and Patrick Weekes pussified it.

There is no RPG component to Diablo 3 unlike Diablo 1&2.

And Diablo 2 was never as big a grind as D3 is, yeah you could baal run until 99 but that gave you NOTHING over someone who stopped at 95, you could NOT go out to
find a Zod, that was impossible, you made the Items you found work.

Diablo 3 is dumbed down to the point where mobile games are more complex and theres NOTHING better about Diablo 3 now compared to the beginning, except people now find items..
Actually i liked Diablo 3 the most during the first patch, killing Diablo in Inferno was hard as fuck, took people weeks to do.

I think Blizzard should quit while they're ahead, leaving us with good memories and better devs.
Yeah, Activision corporate overlords think selling over 30 million copies is shit, I mean, it's only the best-selling PC game of all time. They should really quit while they're ahead. What they really care about are the memories of the disgruntled few.

You're really naïve if you think an even more popamole Diablo 4 would sell less, not more, than D3, regardless of how shit it was/is.

stray

Learned
It really did that well? Damn.

Well, that's that. I don't blame for not changing then. I'm sorry.

stray

Learned

Even the coolest version of Tom Cruise sucks.

Like I said, I never cared much past the first playthroughs on any of them. I just can't argue with 30 million fucking sales. All this time, I thought it was a modest success.

Farage

Arcane
Patron
"Hey guys heres the new patch for Diablo three, it makes you grind more, have fun!"
I'll be blown away they day they add a "patch" that makes you think for a second before smashing your mouse button endlessly

Inspectah

Savant
You're really naïve if you think an even more popamole Diablo 4 would sell less, not more, than D3, regardless of how shit it was/is.
But isn't Diablo 3 the game that sold like, 13 million, and six months latter, only 1 million players were online? And didn't they plan to have an "online players" counter, but gave up on the idea since it would make the game look terrible?
And they did fire the director for the game, so Blizzard at least know the game is shit

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
But isn't Diablo 3 the game that sold like, 13 million, and six months latter, only 1 million players were online? And didn't they plan to have an "online players" counter, but gave up on the idea since it would make the game look terrible?

It's actually around 30 million with the expansion according to latest, month or two old, report. What you're talking about is the number of open games because that's the only thing game displays to players as far as any stats go beside how many players are in your particular chat channel. That exact "online player count" would get axed precisely for the reason you listed, yeah.

Lord Carlos Wafflebum

Aspiring Infinitron
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Diablo 3 is very good at subtely reminding me I have no friends and should be playing the game with friends and I should go get friends who play Diablo 3, or make friends and peer pressure them into buying Diablo 3 so we can play together

abija

Prophet
"Hey guys heres the new patch for Diablo three, it makes you grind more, have fun!"
I'll be blown away they day they add a "patch" that makes you think for a second before smashing your mouse button endlessly
You actually think soloing high level greater rifts is done mindlessly smashing your mouse button endlessly?

Eh, i figured even Bobby would get tired of raping Boyarsky's corpse for all these years. Though Leonard might be enjoying it at this point, that's what scary.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/20742644579

"Blizzard Entertainment is seeking exceptionally skilled and passionate senior concept artists to help drive the vision of characters and worlds in our next hit game!

We’re looking for artists that are self-starting, versatile, and enjoy being part of a collaborative environment. The ideal candidate shares our sensibilities, loves dark medieval worlds, and feels there are countless stories left to tell in the Diablo universe!"

A real Diablo sequel please, not another expansion pack to this funky MMO abomination.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/20742644579

"Blizzard Entertainment is seeking exceptionally skilled and passionate senior concept artists to help drive the vision of characters and worlds in our next hit game!

We’re looking for artists that are self-starting, versatile, and enjoy being part of a collaborative environment. The ideal candidate shares our sensibilities, loves dark medieval worlds, and feels there are countless stories left to tell in the Diablo universe!"

A real Diablo sequel please, not another expansion pack to this funky MMO abomination.
Even if they tried they wouldn't able to do it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom