Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blizzard working on next Diablo project

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I did not find D3 as good as D2, but few things are. That being said, if Blizzard added necromancer, I would consider another try.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Well since Torchlight is officially dead I suppose I'd take a flyer on Derpablo 3 if I could get it for $10 or less.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Titan Quest was boring as shit. Another retard detected.

All aRPGs are boring as shit you idiot. That's the fucking point.

Diablo 2 is boring as fuck with vast deserts and boring landscapes and terribly boring bosses paired with a compulsive boss-running community.

Titan Quest was boring as fuck but at the very least I could punt an ogre off the side of a cliff with a shieldmaiden or fight a hydra with a vampiric fork-lightning shooting mage.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
No, only Titan Quest was boring. Diablo 2 wasn't boring, and neither are a lot of aRPGs.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Diablo 1 and 2 were the only arpgs worth of playing. Today there are none.

Machocruz

Arcane
Diablo 1 and 2 are the only Diablo-like ARPGs worth playing. There are plenty of decent ARPGs of other kinds.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Seems they are preparing people for next expansion or next diablo, and they are bringing features from diablo 2, a little too damn late.

We’ve always been thinking about making sure Diablo has a strong legacy and what amazing features we could have in the game. I think we’ve shown since the beginning of Reaper of Souls our commitment to the community here with 2.1 and Greater Rifts, Seasons and now Kunai’s Cube. We’re scoping out more for the future... but unfortunately I can’t talk about any of that."

the Beast is back, and it's definitely not going anywhere in a hurry.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/08/...ilding-on-diablos-legacy-to-secure-its-future

Perkel

Arcane
Introducing Diablo 4:

- Only Life and attack speed stat. Why do you need more ?
- abilities don't require anything to cast.
- 200% WOW artstyle
- Story about princess in castle looking for her pony. Diablo shows up and takes pony away.
- even more BAM, BOOOM, SPLASH on screen.
- base building

Neanderthal

Arcane
Sold 30 million or so didn't it? I'm guessing they're gonna make this their next WoW, stick a lot of content and shit in and then launch an MMO, they've got a fair few RPG staff from other firms haven't they?

The only good thing about D3 was the demo. Showed everything that was to know about it, and if people bought that turd then anyway, well...

Perkel

Arcane
The only good thing about D3 was the demo. Showed everything that was to know about it, and if people bought that turd then anyway, well...

demo was actually better than release varsion due to mechanics changes and how it only showed act 1 which without its horrible bosses and storytelling, itemization and so on.

Still it pains me i bought it for fucking 70$ at release date. I still remember face of my friend who only played few games in his life including D2 over lan with me (for a long time) when i lent it to him with my laptop (he didn't have even gaming pc) and he brought back it two days later telling me it is i quote "piece of shit" with saddened face. That evening we both played D2 over lan like old times.

Lord Carlos Wafflebum

Aspiring Infinitron
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Diablo 3 is alright. I started playing it again and it's been fun in a very shallow way. Would recommend for when you want to shut your brain off.

ArchAngel

Arcane
demo was actually better than release varsion due to mechanics changes and how it only showed act 1 which without its horrible bosses and storytelling, itemization and so on.

Still it pains me i bought it for fucking 70$ at release date. I still remember face of my friend who only played few games in his life including D2 over lan with me (for a long time) when i lent it to him with my laptop (he didn't have even gaming pc) and he brought back it two days later telling me it is i quote "piece of shit" with saddened face. That evening we both played D2 over lan like old times.
:(
I didn't plan to buy D3 originally but then I was part of free weekend before release that only let you plan until Leoric. The game seemed good, really good in that part. When I bought the game and saw the rest... fuck Blizzard! Typical bait and switch.

Perkel

Arcane
:(
I didn't plan to buy D3 originally but then I was part of free weekend before release that only let you plan until Leoric. The game seemed good, really good in that part. When I bought the game and saw the rest... fuck Blizzard! Typical bait and switch.

yeah problems only really started to show in act 2 when you find same fucking things and you start to notice that all other stats are useless to you. So +dmg +speed +vit +mainstat and you never need anything else.

Worst part for me was how they completely threw out weapons.

In D2 you legitemely had to choose between various weapons:

- bows - faster less damage more chance to put on status effects
- crossbows - high damage slow
- javelins - even more damage but costly low ammo count
- pikes - superb damage and few intersting skills but no shield or other interesting skills
- swords - better acc
- maces - bonus damage vs undead
- axes - crap lol (supposed to be mid between swords and maces)
- greataxes - no shield better damage
and so on.

This is aspect of D2 i really miss in PoE which only really has 2 kind of weapons doubled for two handers and one handers.

In D3 weapon doesn't matter. It is just nice graphic for stats since you don't use it either way.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
"D3 is currently the least declined game in decline's line-up"

That does not sense make.

Kutulu

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex
yeah problems only really started to show in act 2 when you find same fucking things and you start to notice that all other stats are useless to you. So +dmg +speed +vit +mainstat and you never need anything else.

Worst part for me was how they completely threw out weapons.

In D2 you legitemely had to choose between various weapons:

- bows - faster less damage more chance to put on status effects
- crossbows - high damage slow
- javelins - even more damage but costly low ammo count
- pikes - superb damage and few intersting skills but no shield or other interesting skills
- swords - better acc
- maces - bonus damage vs undead
- axes - crap lol (supposed to be mid between swords and maces)
- greataxes - no shield better damage
and so on.

This is aspect of D2 i really miss in PoE which only really has 2 kind of weapons doubled for two handers and one handers.

In D3 weapon doesn't matter. It is just nice graphic for stats since you don't use it either way.

Weapons also had RANGES:

Swords: 1-3
Axes: 1-4
Spears: 4-5
Polearms: 3-5
Maces: 1-3

Spears also always had low minimum damage and low durability, but high maxium damage and high range.
When there where only few monsters on the screen you could literally poke their faces without any chance of getting hit.

Perkel

Arcane
imo they removed that because people who made it were basically WOW devs doing sidework. So instead of creating hackandslash they created numbers game.

reducing action element to stat element and at the same time it hid latency problems. Especially when they changed in release version attack = hit mechanic where if animation started to play you couldn't run away.

Inspectah

Savant
They really need to make a number crunch if they are to release a new expansion.
I shudder to think of the numbers. fucking thousands of attribute points, billions of damage flying through the screen

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Only to get canceled due to gameplay not measuring up to strict blizzard standards

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom