Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blizzard working on next Diablo project

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
We should have some criteria for these newfags.

Diablo 3 is a terrible game, dumbed down beyond belief.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Makes me wonder what ridiculous shit they'll shoehorn into the setting next.

Diablo regenerating again? Angelic invasion? Reapers?

Well, Malthael went full retard and shattered the Black Soulstone which essentially restored status quo with the exception that High Heaven is screwed up badly right now considering they needed your help to resolve the situation in the first place. Next expansion would probably be the best time to make some big changes in Sanctuary as far as who the big players are. It would be nice if it wasn't a Blizzard favorite "two previously warring sides must now unite against a new, unknown threat", though.

spectre

Arcane
Completely changed after the management changed. Most items actually have unique properties, and it looks like every patch either reworks more of them or adds new unique stuff. Next patch also introduces a way to strip item unique properties and slotting them into passive abilities of your character.

While mostly true, it's nowhere as bad as the pre-expansion stuff, thanks to unique sets now existing to augment certain builds, as well as revamped/added legendaries that change the way some skills work. Plus the shit coming next patch. Like I said, D3 is going to be the least morose Blizz game soon, with the highest amount of customization and build freedom. And yes, it still isn't very high praise.
:snip:snip:
I heard it's gotten better, but it all feels too much like they're trying to polish a turd. I've gotten one bite, not really keen for seconds.

My biggest gripe about itemization was that 95% of the time you would simply compare the main character stat and vitality bonus and bigger number usually won.
I know the genre is all about bigger numbers being better... cause they're bigger, but this is very rudimentary, even compared to Diablo 1.

Though if what you're saying is true, D3 may be good enough for a romp in coop.
I still think it's not worth asking price, and unfortunately it's not pirateable.

Yeah, when I was saying that the mechanics are obscured, I was referring to stuff like this:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/15270619165
Damage ticks, tick rates... seems that nobody really knows what this shit is about, and it's all obscured from the player.
It's as though blizzard wants you to shut up, look at the big numbers and don't come looking under the hood too much.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
We should have some criteria for these newfags.

Diablo 3 is a terrible game, dumbed down beyond belief.

But, but, Blizzard has the most money, which means the best production values! Bling bling is all that matters, fuck the actual substance (or lack of thereof) of the game.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Are you guys saying production values don't matter? Okies.

Granted, Diablo 3 was certainly worse than Diablo 1 and 2 in all regards when it came out, but it has since been patched up quite nicely some people say. So I suppose it ain't too bad now.

The story is still complete shit, but so is the story in virtually all other ARPGS except D1 and D2, so yeah.

Path of Exile plays shitty, the animations are kind of shit, the graphics not that impressive, the skill system is overly complicated just for the sake of 'muh complexity, it doesnt really add to any fun or strategic choices imo.

Grim Dawn looked interesting but, meh.

I'd still pick the current version of D3 expo as the best ARPG title, it's just feels like the most fun and most polish all-around. At the core, it is just hack n slash monster killer games. Shit aint rocket science to begin with.

Last edited by a moderator:

Radech

Augur
Path of Exile plays shitty, the animations are kind of shit, the graphics not that impressive, the skill system is overly complicated just for the sake of 'muh complexity, it doesnt really add to any fun or strategic choices imo.

Tried the awakening yet?, not saying you were right before, but now you get a larger variety of gems earlier(and can buy a large selection of levelled gems at vendors), meaning you can experiment more while levelling(imo pacing is still one of path of exiles main weaknesses, but it has been alleviated at lot in the latest expansion). And jewels are a brilliant addition, finally making the scion interesting again(still surrounded by underpowered nodes but also access to a fuckton of jewel slots).

Has anyone tried d3 on console?, there at least it seems like a fun couch crawler, if the price tag wasn't so prohibitive I might be tempted to give it a whirl for the lulz(like torchlight), as that was the only thing i really enjoyed when i played vanilla

Trodat

Arcane
Patron
I would imagine that if this is an expansion for D3 then they would have started production right after RoS. Now it's been well over a year and they are hiring people for key roles. wut

Oh well, as much as I would like to 99 % chance I'm not going to play it.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
I would imagine that if this is an expansion for D3 then they would have started production right after RoS. Now it's been well over a year and they are hiring people for key roles. wut

Oh well, as much as I would like to 99 % chance I'm not going to play it.

Maybe diablo 4 ?

Reaper of Souls is actually the only game that has literally put me to sleep.

There are zero redeeming factors about Diablo 3, pre or post expansion. It's complete, unadulterated shit; a perfect reflection of NuBlizzard.

abija

Prophet
What kind of retard buys/plays the expansion of a complete, unadulterated shit game?

ArchAngel

Arcane
So, all in all, if you want your Diablo 2, get Path of Exile Grim Dawn, it has everything and more. Only gripe being that it needs a permanent internet connection has no gripe
Fixed that for you

Inspectah

Savant
No amount of patch will ever fix the broken base of the game.
Fucking no atribute points allocation until lvl 70, everyone has all the skills, terrible stuff.
Better stick with Grim Dawn, already had way more fun with that and it isn't even properly released yet

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Man how this game looks shit compared to d2.

I've spent so much time with d2, it pains me even more that d3 was so shitty.

CDXSHQ02WEDW1370387988817.jpg

diablo2-03708.jpg

:negative:

sser

Arcane
Developer
D3's actually a pretty fun game now. I play a hardcore character every so often for the seasons. IMO, it's better than D2 now, but I was never a fan of D2 and I just like saying that (also, Titan Quest was better than D2) :smug:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Are you guys saying production values don't matter? Okies.

Granted, Diablo 3 was certainly worse than Diablo 1 and 2 in all regards when it came out, but it has since been patched up quite nicely some people say. So I suppose it ain't too bad now.

The story is still complete shit, but so is the story in virtually all other ARPGS except D1 and D2, so yeah.

Grim Dawn looked interesting but, meh.

I'd still pick the current version of D3 expo as the best ARPG title, it's just feels like the most fun and most polish all-around. At the core, it is just hack n slash monster killer games. Shit aint rocket science to begin with.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
D3's actually a pretty fun game now. I play a hardcore character every so often for the seasons. IMO, it's better than D2 now, but I was never a fan of D2 and I just like saying that (also, Titan Quest was better than D2) :smug:
Diablo 3 looks alright. Has it ever gone on a decent sale?

There are no classes in diablo 3, there is just 1 class,there is no stat upping. Warrior and sorceress play the same, the skills are the same. diablo 3 is flawed at its core and cannot be fixed.
I hope they are working on diablo 4 that will go back to diablo 2 and forever erase d3.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

The quality of d2 just oozes from everything, from design to mechanics and mood of graphics.

D3 compared to d2 is like a flash product by modders, both mechanicaly and graphicaly.

Kutulu

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex
I dont get how anyone that likes RPGs could like D3 over D2, like at all.

In D3 your character is nothing without items, nothing.
You can play D2 as a Melee char with just your Melee weapon, really slowly but you can.
In D2 you can fuck up in D3 you cant.

D2 is full of rare stats that justify character builds, i once found good rare Scepter with "Ignores targets defense"
So i build a Barbarian without any dexterity, he had a shitton of HP.

D3 lacks a shitton of stats, even basic stats like attack rating (i.e. ability to something), in D2 you have to care for
stats on items. If your armor gives you attack rating, you might not want to lose it, or you accept your loss of
"to hit" for more defense. In D3 you can ignore everything except: DPS, Defense, Healing.

D3 is no ARPG by any means, D3 could be a mobile game....

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom