Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blizzard ends support for Windows XP and Vista with WoW and Diablo III

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Starting later this year, we will begin the process of ending support for Windows XP and Windows Vista in World of Warcraft, StarCraft II, Diablo III, Hearthstone, and Heroes of the Storm. Microsoft ceased mainstream support for these versions of Windows in 2009 and 2012, respectively, but since a decent portion of our audience was still using them at the time, we continued supporting them. However, there have been three major Windows releases since Vista, and at this point, the vast majority of our audience has upgraded to one of the newer versions.

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/bl...ows-xp-and-vista-with-wow-and-diablo-iii.html

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Anyone beside people playing one game forever (WoW, Starcraft, D2) can be upset in rude awakening?

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Winxp is not good enough for 4GB+ RAM machine which is everywhere nowaday so it's not a big loss. Vista I dont know.
winxp did have a hacked together version of 64bit though, so that's not quite true. I think this is mainly due for the operating systems that are inherently insecure due to lack of patches

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Winxp is not good enough for 4GB+ RAM machine which is everywhere nowaday so it's not a big loss. Vista I dont know.
winxp did have a hacked together version of 64bit though, so that's not quite true. I think this is mainly due for the operating systems that are inherently insecure due to lack of patches

The 64 bit version of XP had a lot of issues from what I remember. There were certainly a lot of apps that wouldn't run on it anyhow.

Severian Silk

We should start a new topic when Blizzard decides to support Linux.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom