Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blizzard announced "Classic" World of Warcraft

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
God damn Asians are responsible for the faggot elves on Horde.

But also Blizzard who caved in to the demands for the quick bux $$$$$

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yeah...fucking blood elves...it's not like I wanted to play a blood elf mage through TBC and Wrath, the extra interrupt was just the best racial at the time, yeah, that's it.

:negative:

gruntar

Augur
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/n...zcon-wow-classic-demo-with-the-virtual-ticket

World of Warcraft® Classic BlizzCon® Demo

Every BlizzCon, we look for opportunities to bring new aspects of the experience to our community around the world. This year, we’re excited to announce that for the first time ever, BlizzCon Virtual Ticket holders will join BlizzCon attendees as the first people to play the World of Warcraft Classic demo we’re creating for BlizzCon at home.

The demo will contain two starter zones, one for the Alliance and one for the Horde and will run from November 2nd to the 8th.

Looks like Classic isn't vaporware after all.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/n...zcon-wow-classic-demo-with-the-virtual-ticket

World of Warcraft® Classic BlizzCon® Demo

Every BlizzCon, we look for opportunities to bring new aspects of the experience to our community around the world. This year, we’re excited to announce that for the first time ever, BlizzCon Virtual Ticket holders will join BlizzCon attendees as the first people to play the World of Warcraft Classic demo we’re creating for BlizzCon at home.

The demo will contain two starter zones, one for the Alliance and one for the Horde and will run from November 2nd to the 8th.

Looks like Classic isn't vaporware after all.
I'd be inclined to be excited if I wasn't so utterly convinced Blizzard will find 10 different ways to fuck this up.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
The new Blizzard is not the old Blizzard, but anyone can copy something correctly, right? RIGHT?

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
If they cave in and add dungeon finder, sharding and transmog etc. they might as well scrap the whole idea completely. A lot of people I see talking about it seem to want vanillia WoW "remastered," with the content of vanilla but all of the quality of life changes and additional features added over the years. Just play the live game and lock your level to 60 if you want this.

Beastro

Arcane
It's funny how people stopped doing these supposedly fun things the moment a system was implemented for it. Why is that? I'll leave that question unanswered as it's self-evident. You'll still get the chance to gank and be ganked in STV until your heart's content, STV was littered with skeletons and corpses in private servers, so we'll see how long the fun will last.

That was what actually made me quit. People saw no reason anymore to open world PvP and just let me kill them. The skirmish zones were not PvP, it was just corralling both sides into beating against one another for points that they looked on as the thing that mattered, not the battles or the bragging rights that came with victory.

If they allow you to raid Astranaar, kill the guards and Windrider and gank those flying in then things will be good. Even then, we're talking about a game that took out cross faction communication to stop smacktalk which is as much of what PvP is about than the fighting itself.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Some rumours

-Classic WoW is in a pre-alpha state, mostly all quests done. They started working on dungeons and battlegrouds.
-17 devs are working on the game, 2 former Nost-devs for assuring authenticity.
-They don't think there will be a long beta phase.
-Only changes: Improved textures and spell effects but still using the old models. Improved view distance and colorblind mode. Battle.net will have some restrictions on PVP servers.
-8 servers per region, 4 PVP, 2 PVE, 1 RP-PVP and 1 RP-PVE.
-No ingame shop at the start.
-Sub will be included in retail WoW or you pay less for Classic only.
-Launch about April/June 2019.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Ok. Although all these statements look realistic, the entire leak is rendered absolutely fake by the announcement of the demo just 2 days later. If there was such a major leak, surely that person would know about the demo, 100%. But all they say is that a large part of the Blizzcon would be about vanilla, which is obviously a guess in hindsight. If you know about the demo, you say it. Otherwise, you don't know about it. And that means you have no leak, you made it all up.

It's a fake leak.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
On another note, the blizzcon ticket cost me 19 euros instead of $50. I switched to russian region before buying and it didn't disappoint.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
It would be damn good however if Classic only would cost half the price, I would be less conscious about wasting money on this.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So youtube recommended this thing to me:

I have no idea who this fucker is nor who is he talking about, but it's strange how this never occurred to me. Nu-Blizzard is gonna go insane over the classic wow community. I wonder if this is one of the reasons they didn't want to do it. The banning and filtering they are going to have to do is going to be massive.

Revenant

So youtube recommended this thing to me:

I have no idea who this fucker is nor who is he talking about, but it's strange how this never occurred to me. Nu-Blizzard is gonna go insane over the classic wow community. I wonder if this is one of the reasons they didn't want to do it. The banning and filtering they are going to have to do is going to be massive.

This guy - Alexensual - has been one of the most vocal vanilla WoW supporters on Youtube to the point that Blizzard banned him for featuring private server footage on his channel, and he's talking about Panzer a.k.a. TradeChat, one of the most proliferous WoWtards on Youtube, who is your typical toy collecting and Marvel movie watching femoid: she made a very toxic video on classic wow claiming p. much that "blizzard could address all the problems of BfA but they're wasting resources on classic WoW" which naturally caused an outrage. Yeah, to think of it classic and retail WoW players could never be reconciled and it will be a trial for Blizzard to manage both camps somehow.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Yeah, to think of it classic and retail WoW players could never be reconciled and it will be a trial for Blizzard to manage both camps somehow.
Idk what this is about, but what I got reminded by Lyric Suit is that we're not going to get the vanilla experience in terms of EULA. We're gonna get banned just for uttering "shut up faggot" in party chat.

Revenant

Well yeah, how surprising that moderating culture will be of 2018 and not vanilla WoW. The game is going to be mechanically authentic, though, they are actually trying to accomplish that.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
We're gonna get banned just for uttering "shut up faggot" in party chat.
As it should be if they want anyone to actually play this game.
Nobody in this day and age is going to start playing a game where you can outright expect heavy toxicity before it even goes live :lol:

If you just want your public space to shout insults around, that's what the Codex is for, isn't it?

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Yeah but we know they gonna go beyond that. Look at that Overwatch shit.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah but we know they gonna go beyond that. Look at that Overwatch shit.
What about it?
I played it for a bit, and do again every now and then with my GF and some friends.

The community of the game totally kills it, but not due to moderation or banning of insults.
There's just no way to actually play the game the way you like it. In Quick Play, people just fool around with shit all the time and when you tell them to pick needed roles they just "LOL this is QP nobody cares!!!!111", while in ranked you get harassed for not playing the current meta, no matter what you are actually good at, basically limiting the roster to a handful of "accepted" characters.
The only way to enjoy that game is playing ranked or QP with friends, and I simply don't have too many playing Overwatch so that rarely happens. /overwatchRant

Last edited:

Don Peste

Arcane
Computer Games, 2005
KFsHkoD.jpg

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

This dude makes good videos

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom