Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. It has come to this administration's attention that brofists are divisive, and encourage the formation of agenda-based brofist cliques. The RPGCodex strives to provide a welcoming forum experience for all fans of the genre, and brofists are hindering this mission's success. In light of this, brofist functionality has been removed so as to create a new, better, Codex browsing experience.

We further advise our members not to attempt circumvention of this removal by reverting to the old and just as divisive method of creating empty posts of "+1" and "what he said." Such posts only seek to further a culture of exclusion where select users may end up feeling discomfort or emotional trauma. These posts will be considered spam and thus a banable offense. The Codex administration seeks to provide a safe and secure posting environment where the needs of the minority outweigh the needs of the agenda-reproducing majority.
  2. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Blind newfag plays Pool of Radiance!

Discussion in 'Codex Playground' started by Monstrous Bat, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Crooked Bee Nyadmin Patron

Crooked Bee
    Codex 2014 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Click here and disable ads!
    Good going!
    ^ Top  
  2. procrastinator Prophet

procrastinator
    Ugh, missed the last couple of updates, catching up right now :salute:
    ^ Top  
  3. Monstrous Bat Learned

Monstrous Bat
    Actually, I did reload once with the spectre. I killed the basilisk without reloading, though, which was really lucky.
    What? Kezerilla haven't lost any HP.
    Thanks, I was wondering why reading that book didn't give any stat boost.
    ^ Top  
  4. octavius Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

octavius
    Sorry, my bad. I read "HP" instead of "XP". Losing XP is of course normal.
    ^ Top  
  5. Monstrous Bat Learned

Monstrous Bat
    Wilderness

Reload.

[​IMG]
    Procratiannas equips the Cloak of Displacement, which lowers her AC by 2 points.

[​IMG]
    Also, here's Procrastianna's list of spells. Animate Dead creates an undead to fight on our side. Prayer is a combat only spell that buff our guys and weaken the enemy.

[​IMG]
    Grunker uses the Manual of Bodily Health we found earlier.

[​IMG]
    Then we rest for a full month.

[​IMG]
    Success! Grunker's CON score is now 16. :incline:

[​IMG]
    Hmmm. The Passenger Docks now has ships to places other than Sokal Keep. Let's take a boat to the east.

[​IMG]
    :yeah:
    We are now in the wilderness areas near Phlan. Exploring the wilderness is actually not very diffrent from exploring dungeons; The view is top-down but other than that it's pretty much the same.

[​IMG]
    You can guess what happened to the kobolds.

[​IMG]
    To the west was another part of the Old Phlan. We shall explore the southern area first.

[​IMG]
    Back to the familiar first-person dungeon crawling.

[​IMG]
    We were ambushed by some orcs when we entered a nearby house.

[​IMG]
    There were like 12 of them. We have killed twenty orcs in a single fight at level 1. Talk about ridiculous difficulty curves.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Man, I don't think we'll ever run out of money again. Everybody in our party have 2 or 3 jewels on them at this point.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Let's try talking with them.

[​IMG]
    Success!

[​IMG]
    Later, we ran into even more orcs. This time, I decided we'd combat with them.

[​IMG]
    The orcs were easily killed. They had some holy symbols on them, which we take with us. They might be useful later.

[​IMG]
    Well... This is the temple of Bane, right? We shall explore elsewhere for the time being.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Not bad, considering that we didn't even have to fight anything to obtain these.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    He's dead. He won't mind us taking his jewelry.

[​IMG]
    This area has lots of unguarded loots.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Such as this.

[​IMG]
    Finally something to fight.

[​IMG]
    Gee, these guys are so weak compared to us that I almost felt sorry for killing them. Almost.

[​IMG]
    :yawn:

[​IMG]
    Will we get to fight these monsters? I hope we will. Would certainly be a intersting fight.

[​IMG]
    Well... While I do want to sacrifice some helpless goblins to the Hivemind of Kodexia, they might provide useful information for us. Okay, you may go.

[​IMG]
    Thanks, I figured as much. :x

[​IMG]
    Magnus equipped the holy symbols before we enter the temple.

[​IMG]
    But it did nothing. :rage:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    :roll:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Ugh. Fucking riddles... I think the full message was "NORTH WALL. RIGHT FRONT GLASS. USE." but I'm not quite sure.

[​IMG]
    Search them, of course! If the game asks us if we want to search something there must be stuff to be discovered!

[​IMG]
    :rage:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We won the battle without any problem.

[​IMG]
    And the beds were empty too. Apparently I have underestimated the DMing skill of the devs.

[​IMG]
    This block has been mostly explored, but there's a 1x3 room in the southern part of map that I couldn't get in. Maybe it has something to do with the riddle...

[​IMG]
    Pah. Let's go back to the city.

[​IMG]
    Huh. So the big mansion we cleared wasn't the temple after all.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    All our fighters, the hero included, have gained a fighter level. Elwro gained a thief level as well.

[​IMG]
    Finally, the ring we found previously was a Ring of Feather Falling. Dosen't sound too useful.

DUNGEON MAPS

The Area Next To The Evil Temple (Whatever it's called):
    [​IMG]
    ^ Top  
  6. Kz3r0 Arcane

Kz3r0
  7. CappenVarra Phantasmist

CappenVarra
    Codex 2012 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    :thumbsup:
    ^ Top  
  8. Monstrous Bat Learned

Monstrous Bat
    Kovel Mansion

Reload.

[​IMG]
    We ran into some minotaurs on our way to the old city. We attacked them because, well, we can.

[​IMG]
    Minotaurs are basically just a much stronger version of ogres. Thankfully, there were only 3 of them.

[​IMG]
    They managed to wound us quite badly, but the XP we got was worth it.

[​IMG]
    This time we shall explore the north part.

[​IMG]
    Like the library block, this block consisted of nothing but a huge building. Maybe this is the Koval Mansion.

[​IMG]
    Hello! Is anyone home?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I let him go in hope that he might provide us some information. He didn't. :rage:

[​IMG]
    You aren't getting away this time, fucker.

[​IMG]
    Pfft, Bee could beat this guy in melee.

[​IMG]
    Insert overused internet meme here.

[​IMG]
    Let's search a bit first, okay? Try not to trigger any traps.

[​IMG]
    :x I SAID DON'T TRIGGER ANY TRAPS!

[​IMG]
    We crush the thieves with ease.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Hey, the equipments were really magical! I'm surprised.

[​IMG]
    Don't chase them. They are baiting us. Okay maybe they aren't but safe is better than sorry. Paranoia is your best friend.

[​IMG]
    I don't think we actually took any damage.

[​IMG]
    This area has lots of traps.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We search them one by one.

[​IMG]
    Despite the message, though, no damage was taken.

[​IMG]
    Kezerilla attempts to pick the lock.

[​IMG]
    She failed, so we went for the violent solution instead.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Meh. We don't even need money anymore.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Casket B had a piece of jewelry in it.

[​IMG]
    This trap was actually rather nasty as it hit everybody at once.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Casket C and D both had gems in them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A map, you say? I'll take that.

[​IMG]
    Sometimes we detect traps before stumbling into them.

[​IMG]
    :incline:

[​IMG]
    While the cabinet was most certainly trapped, we just couldn't stop thinking about the potential treasures in it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Kezerilla attempted to disarm the trap but failed and set it off. :decline:

[​IMG]
    The reward was worth it though.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Another piece of map? I suppose this will come in handy.

[​IMG]
    An ambush!

[​IMG]
    Now that's what I call a real fight.

[​IMG]
    Kezerilla was knocked out by some weak-ass thieves, partially because they got lucky and partially because she's useless.

[​IMG]
    Among the weak level 1 thieves there were three level 6 ones, who are still pathetically weak.

[​IMG]
    Sleep spamming time.

[​IMG]
    Three level 6 thieves - just enough for one Hold Person to handle. :troll:

[​IMG]
    Look at this man, Kezerilla. What you are now, he was once; what he is now, you soon will be. This is your fate, you destiny that was carved unto your very soul when your creator decided to make you a single-classed thief. And for this I pity you, Gimped One, I pity you still.

[​IMG]
    That's probably the most difficult fight we've fought in a while. Mostly because we walked into the fight while we're half dead.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Too many trash.

[​IMG]
    Phew! That's some major infodump here. Anyway, we're dangrously low on HP; time to bail.

[​IMG]
    Back to the dungeon, we run into a fixed encounter.

[​IMG]
    Didn't take any screenshot because I don't think anyone would be intersted in watching us fighting weak-ass level 1 thieves for the umpteenth time.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The Boss... is a dwagon?! :eek:

[​IMG]
    We found magical loots in a nearby room.

[​IMG]
    This shit again?

[​IMG]
    Cadorna is probably still butthurt about us double-crossing him. :smug: Also, a lot of guys appear to be looking for the Pool of Radiance. The Pool is a popular legend around Phlan. It's rumored that using the Pool grants a man godlike powers. Unfortunately, nobody actually knows how to use this pool, or even where it is.

[​IMG]
    Cabinet B contains lots of silver coins which we didn't even bother taking.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Much better.

[​IMG]
    We found tapestries in a nearby room. The were too heavy for us to carry, so we left them there.

[​IMG]
    Also, I discovered that if we leave the block from the north gate, we can go to the graveyard. :incline:

[​IMG]
    Another quest completed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    And a new quest.

[​IMG]
    Bee advanced to level 5, which allows her to cast level 3 spells. :yeah: Her new spell is Haste.

[​IMG]
    Grunker gained a mage level as well.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Elwro gained a thief level.

[​IMG]
    Oh, and the leather armor we found in the Kovel Mansion turned out to be +4. :yeah: This armor, along with the +2 shortsword, has brought major :incline: to Kezerilla. She might even be useful now!

DUNGEON MAPS

Kovel Mansion:
    [​IMG]

Some random thoughts:
    The difficulty curve in this game is really quite strange. The slums is actually the hardest dungeon we've cleared. WTF?

The last few blocks have been popamole easy to our party despite the fact that their stats are far from good. I hope the game get tough again after this; I'm a bit bored at this point, to be honest.
    ^ Top  
  9. procrastinator Prophet

procrastinator
    Reminded me of that horribly slow murder with a spoon video :lol:
    ^ Top  
  10. Crooked Bee Nyadmin Patron

Crooked Bee
    Codex 2014 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Good. :)
    ^ Top  
  11. CappenVarra Phantasmist

CappenVarra
    Codex 2012 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    :) And for your next assignment (since you're complaining the game is getting too easy), play the game using a party of 6 single-classed thieves :D
    ^ Top  
  12. Elwro Arcane Patron

Elwro
    Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
    Congrats on the progress!
    ^ Top  
  13. octavius Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

octavius

:what:

Not Fireball?
    ^ Top  
  14. Monstrous Bat Learned

Monstrous Bat
    I, um, thought Haste would be more useful than Fireball. No worries, though; we have two Fireball scrolls.
    ^ Top  
  15. octavius Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

octavius
    Fireball is usually the best spell for crowd control, but against magic resistant enemies or particularly nasty single monster Haste may be the best spell.
    Personally I only use Haste in the most difficult combats since it ages the characters one year per casting.
    ^ Top  
  16. Monstrous Bat Learned

Monstrous Bat
    Temple of Bane & Valhingen Graveyard

Reload.

[​IMG]
    This time we shall explore the temple of Bane!

[​IMG]
    I hate all these fucking random encounters which pits you against 100 weak monsters who pose no threat, give no reward, and take forever to kill. I didn't even bother fighting them; I just restarted DOSBox.

[​IMG]
    The temple guards just let us in.

[​IMG]
    Our party found a trapdoor while they were searching the temple tile by tile.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    For some reasons, I'm not as excited about the treasure as I should be.

[​IMG]
    Another trapdoor!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Yay, scrolls. Because you can never have too many scrolls.

[​IMG]
    And yet another trapdoor.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This one contains a lot of magical weapons.

[​IMG]
    Oh shit! The tightwad is back!

[​IMG]
    The leader of the assault force was a orc who wields a mace called Mace. Note that it's the orc who wields a mace rather than his mace that was called Mace.

[​IMG]
    This seems like a tough battle, so I had Bee cast Haste on the fighters.

[​IMG]
    Grunker throws a Stinking Cloud on Mace to shut him down.

[​IMG]
    Haste is an awesome mass-buffing spell that lowers both THAC0 and AC of the subject by 1 and sometimes grants him an additional attack.

[​IMG]
    In face, Haste is so awesome that it causes unnatural aging. :rage:

[​IMG]
    Procrastianna casts Prayer to buff us up even further.

[​IMG]
    Then Bee and Grunker started spamming Sleep. Sorry, game, throwing huge hordes of weak monsters against us won't work. We aren't level 1 anymore.

[​IMG]
    Procrastianna bashes open the skull of the orc who wields a mace called Mace with a mace.

[​IMG]
    Spamming Sleeps, murdering helpless orcs. Just like the old days.

[​IMG]
    Last orc down.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The orcs have left us with many equipments, but the only magical one among them is the mace of Mace, which was only +1.

[​IMG]
    So the undead were harassing the monsters as well as the citizens. Too bad we already know that. :M

[​IMG]
    Destroying the altar of some evil god of death seems like a really bad idea.

[​IMG]
    Which is precisely why we're doing it. :smug:

[​IMG]
    Back in the town, Bee scribes the Fireball spell into her spellbook.

[​IMG]
    We also identified the loots we found in the temple. The weapons were all +1 so we sold them. This wand and dust seems useful, thought, so we'll keep them.

[​IMG]
    No potato for us this time? :decline:

[​IMG]
    And look, a new proclamation!
    :hmmm:

[​IMG]
    This update was going to end here, but I figured this update is too short. So... Valhingen Graveyard, here we come!

[​IMG]
    [OMINOUS THUNDER]
    [​IMG]
    Man, the graphics in this game is surprisingly good. Look at all the details.

[​IMG]
    Skeletons are obnoxious to fight. We shall avoid them when we can.

[​IMG]
    But sometimes we don't even get the chance to run.

Skeletons have 5 HP an 7 AC. Despite that, they are actually pretty hard to kill, since they have resistance to both slashing and piercing damage. Blungeon weapons works just fine on them, but Procrastianna is the only party member with one. Fuck, I shouldn't have sold the magical mace and morningstar after all.

[​IMG]
    Another skeleton encounter.

[​IMG]
    Fuck you. I'm NOT going to spend another 20 minutes fighting skeletons.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Fireball does 1d6 points of damage for every caster level (save half). Bee's a level 5 mage, so her fireballs do 5d6 damage - enough to one-shot skeletons. The explosion radius is 2 squares outdoor and 3 squares indoor (graveyard counts as indoor). Really useful for clearing out many weak monsters.

[​IMG]
    Only 4 skeletons were standing after the Fireball. We killed them with ease.

[​IMG]
    I love this spell.

[​IMG]
    Well, time to have our mages re-memorize their level 1 spells since Sleep won't be useful against undeads. Grunker spent all his level 1 spellslots on Burning Hands; Bee memorized lots of Magic Missiles.

[​IMG]
    Back to the dungeon!

[​IMG]
    There weren't enough skeletons to warrant a Fireball.

[​IMG]
    So we test out the Magic Missile spell on them. :smug:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Zombies come in large number but are unremarkable otherwise. They're more of an annoyance than threat.

[​IMG]
    Shit, we have stepped into a trap!

[​IMG]
    A stair? I wonder where does it lead to...

[​IMG]
    Rather than attacking the ghost on sight, our party tried to talk with him.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Thankfully, the spectre missed his attack.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Graverobbing.

[​IMG]
    We found a giant skeleton in another building.

[​IMG]
    He was pretty weak, though.

[​IMG]
    Piss easy.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My god that's a lot of XP.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We found many jewels as well as some scrolls.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A fixed zombie fight.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Zombies are no match for us.

[​IMG]
    Alright, let's check out what the zombies were guarding...

[​IMG]
    Hah. We won't be wasting our surprise round this time.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    One backstab from Kezerilla plus one strike from Magnus took him out.

[​IMG]
    More graverobbing.

[​IMG]
    Wights! Now this could be troublesome.

[​IMG]
    Ugh... Six wights. Nasty.

[​IMG]
    Turn undead works just fine on them, by the way.

[​IMG]
    Bee casts a Fireball to soften the wights a bit. Note that Procrastianna and Kezerilla were hit by the fireball too. If I had aimed the fireball at the square directly above the highlighted square in this screenshot, I could have avoided the friendly fire. Oh well, it's not like they can't survive that spell anyway.

[​IMG]
    Burn, fuckers.

[​IMG]
    I confess that it took me several reloads to kill the wights without being drained.

[​IMG]
    We were hit by a trap as we stepped into the tower.

[​IMG]
    Another spectre.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Surprise round. Gangrape. Graverobbing. You know the drills.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We literally had more money than we could carry at this point, so we went back to the town. Procrastianna, Kezerilla and our hireling are eligible for a level up. Note that Procrastianna has already hit the level cap - spellcasters can't go above level 6 in PoR.

[​IMG]
    Back to the graveyard.

[​IMG]
    You can't tell from this screenshot, but we actually had to fight TWO spectres in this fight. One of them won the initiative and drained Grunker before we could even act. Reload.

[​IMG]
    Procrastianna casts Prayer to make us harder to hit.

[​IMG]
    And Bee threw a Fireball. It would cauce friendly fire, but it's not like we had any choice. The only way to avoid being drained by spectres is to kill them ASAP.

Unfortunately, we couldn't kill them before they drained Magnus. Reload.

[​IMG]
    If we walk into the fight from a different direction we would start far away from the spectres, which means Bee can bombard them with Fireball without having to worry about friendly fire. :incline:

Still, we couldn't win the fight because getting hit even once by the spectres completely fucks up your XP. We need buffs, but we haven't memorized any. So we shall leave the wights as they are and explore elsewhere.

[​IMG]
    In another building we found a black coffin.

[​IMG]
    Well... Yes?

[​IMG]
    Apparently, the vampire has returned. Who wrote this scroll and who put it here, anyway?

[​IMG]
    No. Not now. We aren't really ready to confront the vampire now.

[​IMG]
    Wandering around, we ran into a zombie fight.

[​IMG]
    That's a lot of zombies.

[​IMG]
    Fireball will take care of them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Also, it turns out that at level 6, Procrastianna can outright destroy weak undead like zombies with her turn undead ability. I have just wasted a Fireball. :sad:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This guy doesn't seem strong.

[​IMG]
    Mostly because he wasn't.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Loots!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The wand was a Wand of Lightning Bolts. Nice!

[​IMG]
    We ran into some mummies in another building.

[​IMG]
    Mummies are fairly strong, and there's 3 of them.

[​IMG]
    They also disease you on a hit. Thankfully, being diseased isn't nearly as bad as being drained/paralyzed/poisoned.

[​IMG]
    It took a while, and they managed to wound us quite a bit, but we stand victorious.

[​IMG]
    The mummies gave good XP. No loots though.

[​IMG]
    Procrastianna cures our disease.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Okay, now is time to kill those two spectres. We buff ourselves before the battle starts. Procrastianna casts Bless on the party and Protection From Evil on the fighters. Grunker casts Strength and Enlarge to boost their strength. (Enlarge in particular sets the subject's strength score to 18/76, which is really nice.)

Our characters are as buffed as possible. If this won't let us win the fight, nothing will.

[​IMG]
    :mob:

[​IMG]
    Bee won the initiative. A good start!

[​IMG]
    They were half dead after the Fireball, and our AC were so low that they couldn't hit us. :smug:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    In the building which the spectres were guarding someone spoke to our party.

[​IMG]
    He gave us phat l00t. :yeah:

[​IMG]
    Nice!

[​IMG]
    We ran into this dude while we were wandering around.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    He seems suspicious, but we let him join nonetheless.

[​IMG]
    He turned out to be a level 6 mage. :incline:

[​IMG]
    Man, I wish I have control over this guy.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    No.

[​IMG]
    Oh god not wights

[​IMG]
    This fight pits us against four wights, a mummy and many zombies. The mummy's aura of fear means everyone must make a saving throw at the beginning of fight or be paralyzed. In our previous encounter with mummies everyone made the saving throw. This time, however, both Grunker and Magnus failed the throw. Oh, and did I mention that the level 6 mage has turned on us?
    Reload.

[​IMG]
    I have noticed a strange thing. The level 6 mage's name was displayed in yellow. Which means... He's HOSTILE.
    Fucker's a popamole!

[​IMG]
    Fuck off before we chop your head off and take a dump in your fucking mouth!

[​IMG]
    We went back to the town to identify some stuff. The plate mail is +2 and goes to Elwro. The ring is a Ring of Fire Resistance. The longsword is odd; it's +2, but when we attempt to wield it it damages the wielder. WTF? Maybe it can only be used by characters of certain alignments. Magnus couldn't wield it despite being Neutral Good. Either it's only usable by Lawful Good characters or the spirit was just trolling us.

[​IMG]
    Back to the dungeon! The coffin was empty; we shall sanctify it.

[​IMG]
    A secret door let us enter a small 1x2 room in the northeast corner of map. I don't know where the stairs leads to; we didn't go down the first time and when we come back later, it isn't there anymore. :retarded:

[​IMG]
    Then we turn around and meet the vampire!

[​IMG]
    The vampire has many HP and low AC. He can "gaze" (to charm) a character and make an attack in every turn. Thankfully, Magnus made the saving throw and the vampire missed his attack.

What the hell are the wolves doing here, anyway? The last time I checked, a wolf is not a rat.

[​IMG]
    In the second round, the vampire managed to charm Procrastianna but still couldn't hit us.

[​IMG]
    Bee finishes him off with a Magic Missile. Procrastianna is still charmed, so we had to beat her up.

[​IMG]
    That's it? The ancient vampire, the master of Valhingen Graveyard, died without even hitting us ONCE?

Did we luck out or he's really supposed to be that wimpy?

[​IMG]
    Oh. So he's not destroyed after all... Let's to back to check that coffin.

[​IMG]
    Found you!

[​IMG]
    He's much more frail this time, and dosen't come with any minions.

[​IMG]
    I don't think he even got the chance to act.

[​IMG]
    Okay. Now he is really destroyed.

With the vampire being dead, all other undead in the graveyard return to their graves. We came back later to fight the "spirits who have fought the dragons" only to find out they aren't there anymore. Bummers.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Time to collect our reward.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We really have too much money at this point.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Grunker and Bee both gained a mage level. Their new spells are Slow and Protection From Normal Missiles, respectively.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Kezerilla and Elwro gained a thief level as well.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Bee has finally hit the level cap.

DUNGEON MAPS

Temple of Bane:
    [​IMG]

Valhingen Graveyard:
    [​IMG]
    ^ Top  
  17. octavius Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

octavius
    "I confess that it took me several reloads to kill the wights without being drained."

Pfffff! Reloading is for amateurs. What do you think all those Restoration scrolls were for?
    Besides most of your characters (at least those worth transfering to Curse of Azure Bonds) have probably reached the level cap now, and you are still not halfway in the game. In CoAB new characters start with a measly 25,000 XP.
    ^ Top  
  18. CappenVarra Phantasmist

CappenVarra
    :thumbsup:
    ^ Top  
  19. Elwro Arcane Patron

Elwro
    Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
    This is still not halfway through? And level caps already? Game starts looking a bit tedious, frankly, I think right now I prefer reading about it to playing it :D Congrats on the progress!
    ^ Top  
  20. Luzur Prestigious Gentleman Good Sir

Luzur
    i usually hit the graveyard at lower levels, so the vampire is supposed to be tougher (to low level party that is).

also i usually hit level cap around the Castle or main square/auction, but then again i tend to vacuum maps of enemies before leaving.
    ^ Top  
  21. octavius Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

octavius
    To me the Graveyard is usually the penultimate area, for various reasons.
    Since this is a blind LP and, unless all that wanking reading in low light has diminished my eye sight, I can't see any spoiler tags anymore, so I won't mention them.
    ^ Top  
  22. Luzur Prestigious Gentleman Good Sir

Luzur
    spoiler tags? why should i use those, everyone here (well except you i guess) have played the game and you are about to hit the palces i mentioned anyway, so its not that far off.

besides you can go there right now if you are brave, and there are alot more places to visit on the map.
    ^ Top  
  23. octavius Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

octavius
    Huh? o_O
    ^ Top  
  24. Luzur Prestigious Gentleman Good Sir

Luzur
    well you talked about spoiler tags so i thought i spoiled some surprise`s for you?
    ^ Top  
  25. octavius Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

octavius
    You completely misundertood. I didn't want to spoil anything for Monstrous Bat, but I can't find a way to make spoiler tags after the forum was upgraded. And I've notice that spoiler tags from old messages are no longer working.
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above links helps us pay the hosting bills)