Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Blind newfag plays Pool of Radiance!

Monstrous Bat

Cipher
Well, I figured... If I'm finally going to play this game, I might as well do a LP of it.
UssRJ.png

I don't think anything needs to be said about this game. However, I have to inform you some facts about this LP:
This will be a blind LP. I have never played PoR before.
This is my first LP. Please tell me if I fucked up anything.
I will use first-roll characters. No popamole stuff like rerolling or stat editing.

First of all, however, we will have to create a party consists of 6 characters. Naturally, this being a LP, I will let my readers participate in the character creation. If you are even more of a newfag than me, here's the basics of the character creation system in this game:

Race
Human: Humans have a lot of potential - they can be any of the four classes and don't have a level cap (I don't know what level will we be able to advance to in PoR, but the manual only listed spells up to the third level so I guess it won't be terribly high). They can't multiclass. Note that dual-classing is NOT possible in PoR!
Elf: Elves can be fighters, mages (actually they were called magic-users but I will be calling them mages because it's shorter and sounds less stupid) or thieves. Their multiclass options include F/M, F/T, M/T and F/M/T. They also have a better chance of finding hidden objects. They have infravision.
Dwarf: Dwarves can be fighters or thieves. Their only multiclass option is F/T. They have innate magic resistance as well as infravision.
Half-Elf: Half-Elves can be any of the four classes. Their multiclass options include F/M, F/T, F/C, M/T, M/C, F/M/T and F/M/C.
Gnome: Gnomes are like Dwarves but inferior in every way. Dunno why SSI even bothered to include them.
Halfling: Halflings are weaker but more agile version of Dwarves. They also have innate magic resistance.

Class
Fighter: Typical fighters. Can use any kind of armor or weapon.
Mage: Typical mages. Can cast arcane spells.
Cleric: Typical clerics. Can cast divine spells and wear any kind of armor. Can't use sharp weapons.
Thief: Typical thieves. Can wear light armor and use light weapons. Can backstab.

You can be a man or a tranny. Trannies have a lower strength cap and don't have any advantage that I'm aware of.

So! You know the drills, Codexian - pick a race, gender, class, alignment and name. The game will start when we have six people.

Discuss!!

TABLE OF CONTENTS
Party Creation
Starting Out
Slums, Part One
Slums, Part Two
Kuto's Well
Sokal Keep
Podal Plaza
Textile Complex
Library
Wilderness
Kovel Mansion
Temple of Bane & Valhingen Graveyard
Pyramid
Lizards
Kobolds
Buccaneer Base & Zhentil Keep
Stojanow Gate
Valjevo Castle

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Nice. But be sure to read the manual first! And don't get angry at the shopping and casting interface, they can drive you crazy in this game.

I'd like to be Elwro, the mighty and backstabbin' Dwarven Fighter / Thief. Chaotic Neutral. FeMale of course.

Monstrous Bat

Cipher
Sister Procrastianna, human cleric, true neutral, tranny :salute:
Um... You see, good clerics can smite undeads while evil clerics can rebuke them. Neutral clerics can do neither, which means they are sub-par. Sorry bro, I can't include a neutral cleric in our party because that would be against mondblut's teaching.
Bee-Chan, an Elven mage! Female obv.
Alignment?

Um... You see, good clerics can smite undeads while evil clerics can rebuke them. Neutral clerics can do neither, which means they are sub-par. Sorry bro, I can't include a neutral cleric in our party because that would be against mondblut's teaching.
You don't like additional challenge?
:rpgcodex:
Ok, then neutral good it is.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Late to the party. :sad:

Looking forward to the inevitable rape though. :smug:

Should I for some reason or the other make it into the party however, make me this char:

Magnus
Dwarf
Cleric (of Clangeddin Silverbeard, they should be proficient in battleaxes, depending on the rules used)
Male
Neutral Good

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Woo boy, look at those stats :lol:

And no dwarf cleric? Forgot this was 1st ed AD&D. :decline:

Ohwell, gotta roll with it. You would probably be better off shooting for better stats. 18+ str for fighters, 18+ dex for thieves, 18+ int for mages and 18+ wis for procrastianna.. :M

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Yeah. Right now there's really no one to deal any melee damage. But still, if you get through the first dungeon with this party, you'd deserve a strong :bro: for effort.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom