Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dark Eye Blackguards - turn-based tactical RPG set in The Dark Eye world

deuxhero

Arcane
I figured it out, not exactly the most self-explanatory puzzle.

Killed the lice queen, the clickbox for the doors is way too tiny

edit: I've noticed all 2h bashing weapons so far (woodcutters axe, sledgehammer, scythe and miner's pick) all say they are improvised weapons. When do real ones show up?

edit: This fight with the mind controlled druid is annoying. My archer only has 60% chance to hit the giant thing in the open and there isn't a save on the mind control. Does the dispel magic spell at least stop it?

Last edited:

deuxhero

Arcane
OK, how the fuck does this fight with the ghouls in the basement of the carpenters house work? Is there some end to the spawns, or is there some trigger I can't figure out to finish the fight?

Crichton

Prophet
OK, how the fuck does this fight with the ghouls in the basement of the carpenters house work? Is there some end to the spawns, or is there some trigger I can't figure out to finish the fight?

Just hold on, they'll stop eventually. If you're lucky they'll spawn on the other side of the bridge and que up. If they climb up the cliff on your side... Well, I hope you got that poison cure spell up high enough. But the real problem is that that fight is 2 of 3, so you'd better not end it wounded or low on HP (I really hate when the game makes the choice to bull on through without consulting you)

deuxhero

Arcane
Does keeping someone on the spots they crawl up on do anything? I was trying to block 1 side of the bridge with my melee fighters and the other with an arcane wall before I started doubting if they would stop coming.

Kayerts

Arcane
I think there are a number of possible spots they could crawl up. Having someone on one just means the game will pick another.

If I recall correctly, having your melee fighters at the lower mouth of the bridge and your mages behind will for the most part block them. You can occasionally rotate one fighter out to take care of the ones that spawn on your side of the chasm. If you have hammer blow and cure poison 4, it should be pretty straightforward. If not, consider coming back when you do. The reward for that quest chain is pretty mediocre. (A meh-tier spear and access to a trainer who teaches Dodge 3, which while nice is not essential for chapter 3.)

Kayerts

Arcane
Obsidian Dagger can be found by going to a town in the northwest (I forget which) and talking to an old woman who wants you to find her granddaughter.

I forget where the rapier is; perhaps someone else can tell you. I didn't find it to be useful.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I forget where the rapier is; perhaps someone else can tell you. I didn't find it to be useful.

One of the main quests, and yes it's not very useful.

OK, how the fuck does this fight with the ghouls in the basement of the carpenters house work?

easy

You place Takate and Naurim on the bridge to stop them from advancing too far. Then every time the ghouls get close, you use a liberating blow that sends them flying :smug:

deuxhero

Arcane
Was planning on giving it Aurelia to hold alongside the dagger because as far as I can tell the TWF penalties only come in if you actually attack (which I'd never have her do)), while the charisma boost would stay. That a bad idea?

Also: There is a second lily fight (save the druid) and crocodile fight (arena, which is suprisingly easy. I killed everything with tripple shot and berserking them to fight eachother... then last the dwarf in a puddle...), but the only way to get the trophies is from one specific fight. I'd do the fights anyways for more AP, but really? Just to make sure: There's no "good" ending to the quest I missed, just getting the bow, archery trainer and healing trainer?

Kayerts

Arcane
Was planning on giving it Aurelia to hold alongside the dagger because as far as I can tell the TWF penalties only come in if you actually attack (which I'd never have her do)), while the charisma boost would stay. That a bad idea?

It's not an especially good idea. The charisma boost is only applied toward dice rolls and not skill-leveling requirements. You should be leveling the 2-4 spells that each mage actually casts high enough that you have a near-certain chance of success.

Also, Aurelia starts with the hugely expensive shadow clone spell at a moderate level. Since it effectively doubles her attacks per round, she's more optimally played as something that uses that. Turning her into an archer is probably the best idea, if you don't already have two, although perhaps it's too late to be helpful in your game.

Also: There is a second lily fight (save the druid) and crocodile fight (arena, which is suprisingly easy. I killed everything with tripple shot and berserking them to fight eachother... then last the dwarf in a puddle...), but the only way to get the trophies is from one specific fight. I'd do the fights anyways for more AP, but really? Just to make sure: There's no "good" ending to the quest I missed, just getting the bow, archery trainer and healing trainer?

I don't understand the question; could you rephrase? If you're talking about the attempt to play matchmaker between the healer and the huntress, yeah, unlocking the two trainers and getting the bow is the best outcome.

deuxhero

Arcane
That's what I was asking.

As for making her an archer and spaming the shadow clone, that's already what my MC is doing and while incredible in most large maps, she's so useless in smaller maps aside from throwing out buffs I'd rather not have 2. I've mostly focused her on taking enemies out of the fight, as neither mage in the party really had anything for that (berserking enemies is incredible so far, take one enemy out of the fight and do damage to other enemies for a single spell, should be awesome once I get it to an area effect.)

edit: Do killing the torturer/not and claiming to be innocent/admitting escape actually do anything?

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You can meet the torturer in the Drol gardens later in the game if you spared him, but he doesn't give you anything.

should be awesome once I get it to an area effect.

Not that awesome, as the area effect is very small. It can be useful in certain situations, though.

But Berzerk is so OP though that even the first level of it is often more than you need, especially once you have good astral regen.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Finally got around to playing the DLC this weekend, reminded me what i enjoyed and what i disliked about the main game, mainly the combat system on one hand and the writing on the other. Maybe it's a problem on how the german script was translated into english, but most dialogue in the game is mediocre at best.

Cadmus

Arcane
Hm guys I'm going to start this game when I'm finished with M&M X. How long is approximately?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hm guys I'm going to start this game when I'm finished with M&M X. How long is approximately?

It's long. 80+ hours.

Finally got around to playing the DLC this weekend, reminded me what i enjoyed and what i disliked about the main game, mainly the combat system on one hand and the writing on the other. Maybe it's a problem on how the german script was translated into english, but most dialogue in the game is mediocre at best.

I found the writing in Blackguards to be good/great. The actual story could have been better, but the individual lines are both well-written and well-voice acted. They don't feel "Euro-shovelware" at all. The only exception is some of the log entries, which have some misspellings.

Cadmus

Arcane
ok, thanks. That doesn't seem that long compared to M&M X which I've been playing for over 2 weeks every day for 3-5 hours and while I'm almost lvl 30, I think the main quest is far away from completion.

Kem0sabe

Arcane

It's long. 80+ hours.

I found the writing in Blackguards to be good/great. The actual story could have been better, but the individual lines are both well-written and well-voice acted. They don't feel "Euro-shovelware" at all. The only exception is some of the log entries, which have some misspellings.

I think the ending marked me in that department, the only thing i can remember nowadays when i think about the game was how awful the ending was, and especially surprising coming from Daedalic who made some inspired adventure games

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Depends on your play style this can take longer/shorter, there are lots of optional stuff which you can easly miss, some fights can be avoided and there are some hard fights which you'll need to reply a few times :)
Also some battles take long if you can't think simple solitions. I lost 45 min in a maze which can be completed in 5 min with a simple spell...

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
ok, thanks. That doesn't seem that long compared to M&M X which I've been playing for over 2 weeks every day for 3-5 hours and while I'm almost lvl 30, I think the main quest is far away from completion.

The MMX main quest is quite short and usually ends around level 30.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

In the end I was glad that it was 'only' 40 hours. I really couldn't stand the last 2 chapters, especially the final one.

deuxhero

Arcane

And the "You can't cancel the purchase" when learning special abilities. Aside from being slightly off ("undo this purchase" would be better), there is a button labeled "cancel" that works.

I agree that the plot is very much a case of good dialog let down by a less than exciting overall plot so far.

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I finally managed to beat the Queen in the arena. Managed to do it on my first try on this playthrough. The healer was still bugged for me, but this time, I didn't mess up my AP distribution. I have finally learned hammer blow, but my chances to hit with it are only 50%. I'm doing fine without it, though. Using two tanks, two mage archers and the last one uses spears. I'm selling every other type of weapon that they have no skill points in. I hope that I don't run in to any further annoying bugs later on in the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom