Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dark Eye Blackguards 2

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
haha, they even pronounce it "Blaggardz", Darth Roxor

EDIT: Having so many mercenaries doesn't that fun tbh. Controlling more than 5 or 6 characters in Blaggardz' system should be hell.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I am optimistic. What i would like to see if we control that many characters is a fast forward feature. If that was in, they can give me twenty mercenaries.

Disgruntled

Savant
I really like the strategic mix they have gone for and the promise for large customized squadrons.
Not as enthusiastic on the story itself and the barebones campaign map and towns. Id prefer a fresh slate with my own kingdom and handpicked characters (even if they were from presets) with a little more depth towards the places im trying to conquer.

We'll see if they add enough on the background to make that part interesting or if its another one that is purely enjoyed on the battle maps.

DefJam101

Arcane
Can see the concept working but I feel they'd need to modify the combat system. Blackguards' pseudoDSA miss-a-thon isn't suited for combat with 15+ units. Battles would take way too long.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Blackguards didn't divide experience on party members (even fallen ones), i wonder if they will to make mercenaries unattractive or if they just depend on money (to discourage) and brutal combat (to encourage).

i'm already min-maxing in my mind :negative:

Duellist_D

Savant
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
IIRC, they already said in a earlier interview that they will modify the TDE Ruleset a lot to cater to their Needs, so i wouldn't be so reserved yet.

Though personally, i'd wished they'd stayed with the old System.
Seems the "lol, didn't read, game is poop" crybabies won another battle.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Huh, pre-order page is up on Humble Store (they provide a Steam key and DRM-free download), and it said the game will be available on January 20, 2015.

It's pretty earlier than expected..

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Huh, pre-order page is up on Humble Store (they provide a Steam key and DRM-free download), and it said the game will be available on January 20, 2015.

If they went full content centric without any major engine changes, one year of pure scenario development and tweaking is actually a lot of time for what's basically a series of arenas loosely connected by a series of static town screens.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Seems like a decent price but I will wait for impressions despite being interested in this. The first game had some bugs that pissed me off. Luckily, the bugs I encountered were fixed and those fixes applied to old saves.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Cheaper than Blackguards 1? Awww yeah going full slam dunk. :feargus:

Morkar Left

Does it mean you can conquer Mengbilla, one of the biggest towns on the continent, with 20 mercenaries???

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity

Engine's ready, as well as most of the assets. Now they can afford to cash their efforts for at least the second game.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Cassia awakens in a labyrinth full of spiders into which she has fallen while fighting the Louse Queen...?

... NIAM IZ DAT U? :desu:

Not much new stuff in the preview, but these sound interessant:

"Moar focus on story!!"
"Every NPC under your command can die, leave you, or turn against you depending on how you act".
"Battle maps maybe 6 or even 8 times bigger than in the prequel"
"Doing quests on the main map can sometimes tip the scales in your favour during tougher fights"
"Ground elevation now plays a role, and shooters on high ground get advantages"

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Cassia awakens in a labyrinth full of spiders into which she has fallen while fighting the Louse Queen...?

... NIAM IZ DAT U? :desu:

Oh fuck, I hope that wasn't a spoiler. :lol:

There are images of a dark-haired Cassia, though.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
"Battle maps maybe 6 or even 8 times bigger than in the prequel"

They really need to add a fast-forward option.

Renevent

Cipher
Can see the concept working but I feel they'd need to modify the combat system. Blackguards' pseudoDSA miss-a-thon isn't suited for combat with 15+ units. Battles would take way too long.

That's a fair point...I can see combat really dragging with so many units. Although the solution may not require changing the rules. Basically, with 15 units I'd imagine the variety of units you will have availible will be better, so maybe there's more opportunity to use buffs (dmg, hit chance, etc).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom