Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Blackguards 2 Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Blackguards 2; Daedalic Entertainment

Blackguards 2 has been released, and is now available for the price of $35 on Steam and GOG, with a 10% launch discount until next week. Here's the press release we got yesterday:

Blackguards 2, the sequel to Daedalic Entertainment’s successful S-RPG Blackguards, is available worldwide for 29.99 US$/ 22.99£/ 29.99€/ 499RUR/ 2,980Yen on Steam, GOG and other major online stores tomorrow. Featuring full English and German localization as well as subtitles in Spanish, French, Russian, Polish, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese, Japanese and Korean.

You can find the brand new release trailer right here:

Not much time has passed, but a lot has happened in the time between the events of the turn-based RPG-hit Blackguards and its sequel Blackguards 2. Set only few years after the story of the first game, Blackguards 2 will bring along many changes – for the well-known characters as well as for the players.

Blackguards 2 will stay an SRPG focussing on turn-based, strategic battles with a group of scoundrels as anti-heroes. Some of the best-known Blackguards from the first game will be part of the team again – unfortunately, their lives didn’t go very well since then. Dwarf Naurim, for example, has rest on his fame as a successful gladiator and defeater of the Nine Hordes. He used his popularity for shady businesses and excessive parties and got quite potbellied – not a very good condition for battles, and so he hung up his axe and ditched his old gang, as long as they wouldn't yield any profit.

Wizard Zurbaran was even less lucky: His mistress could track down the former slave, who was able to escape his servitude. She shackled, mortified and sold him for one symbolic copper piece at the slave market.

Takate, on the other hand, is back among the forest people and arranges his own gladiatorial games, letting humans fight for their destiny, just as he was forced to. He believes that there are no challenges left, after he has defeated the Nine Hordes, and gets bored with sending others to their death.

Nevertheless, the fame of the defeater of the Nine Hordes seems to be everlasting – at least for the three survivors, as all others have found their end. Cassia, main protagonist of Blackguards 2, is looking for them: Cassia’s only goal is to rule from the Shark Throne at all costs, even if it’s only for one day. In the Blackguards she sees the fighters and the power she needs for her plans, even if they are a shadow of their former glory: Naurim became fat and lazy, but also more cunning; Zurbaran lost his self-confidence and Takate seems to have lost his killer instinct.

Together with Cassia the three remaining Blackguards will be the main characters of Blackguards 2. In many quests the group will travel through South Aventuria to fulfill Cassia’s dream.

Blackguards 2 will again be based on the RPG rulebook of The Dark Eye, but it will come along with some revisions, optimisations and simplifications. The gameplay will focus on turn-based battles once more – this time the players have to conquer Cassia’s lands and defend them against intruders when the need arises. As in a fraction-based game the enemies can recapture the territories from the Blackguards.

If not in a battle, players take care of a lot of quests and the development of their characters. As common in RPGs, the quests will offer optional and alternative plotlines.

Furthermore, Blackguards 2 will have new weapons, armor, enemies and stamina as additional battle resource.

On top of that, Blackguards 2 will involve mechanics that have been requested by players of the first game, like improved line of sight, cover and formation.

Is Blackguards 2 an ill-considered attempt at a slam dunk, or does it have redeeming value? If somebody bothers to play it, we might find out!

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, but Bubbles doesn't count.

Also, I'm trying to sound sarcastic :P

Last edited:

DramaticPopcorn

We all know you're just a repost bot incapable of humour or wit ;)

Mortmal

Arcane
Day one purchase, i am downloading it on steam atm. I was really impressed by blackguard wich should be second after D:OS last year(i loved shadowrun to), best tactical combat ever even if linear as a string.Hop theres not too many game breaking bugs this time or they will hear me, and i have time .. lot of time .

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
I just noticed that the price in the press release is wrong. WTF?

Mortmal

Arcane
1 hour in, one gamebreaking bug the only right answer to takate is impossible to select... So far the game is great but come on, testing... testing please.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
What happen with the hero from the first game? ¿poff desapear?

They state early on that only three of the gladiators have survived. That's the only reference in the game to the hero or Aurelia.

Shannow

Waster of Time
What happen with the hero from the first game? ¿poff desapear?
After beating the ancient evil and saving the world the hero moved to a tropical island where he whiles away his time drinking smooth cocktails and diddling smooth tropical beauties. He acquired so much gold that he can keep this up for the next ten lifetimes.
Or he jumped into a demon-portal where he saved the world but only at the cost of his own gruesome death. Whichever version you prefer.

Severian Silk

Pity post I guess, considering. I did like the first one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom