Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dark Eye Blackguards 2

Emily

Arcane
Can see the concept working but I feel they'd need to modify the combat system. Blackguards' pseudoDSA miss-a-thon isn't suited for combat with 15+ units. Battles would take way too long.
if there are 10 low level generic troops and like 4-5 core members it could work realistically. AS you have your elite troops and regulars.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressreleases/231032/Blackguards_2_release_date_revealed.php

Daedalic Entertainment announced that on January 20th 2015 gamers will be able to jump into even more challenging and strategic RPG battles as Blackguards 2 will be released worldwide for PC and Mac.

Listening to Blackguards fans’ feedback throughout the development process, Daedalic’s team added desired features, unique enemies as well as enhanced and improved gameplay. In Blackguards 2, battles will be even more epic, with their handling being significantly tweaked to make them more straight-forward, but also more challenging. Players can test just how fun these new features are in Blackguards 2 from January 20 th onwards.

For £22.99 Blackguards 2 will be available on Steam, GOG and other major online stores, featuring full English and German localization as well as subtitles in Spanish, French, Russian, Polish, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese, Japanese and Korean.

Blackguards 2 will again be based on the RPG rulebook of The Dark Eye and will stay an SRPG focussing on turn-based, strategic battles with a group of scoundrels as anti-heroes.

Duellist_D

Savant
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Hey, i pulled this from the description on Amazon, so its a given that it will come (or we get our moniez back) this way.
Sounds pretty neat for 30 Euroshekels

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Darth Roxor is now in possession of a Blackguards 2 beta Steam key.

This preview version includes the first 16 to 20 battle maps of the game and offers about 6 to 8 hours of gameplay time, which equals approx. a fifth to a quarter of the final gameplay time total (updates allowing to access more content coming up within the next few weeks - you will be able to continue using your save games you're creating with this build, so please feel free to already jump in :) ). - Battles are getting more and more complex the deeper you’re in the game – we expect the total gameplay time to be at least 30 to 40 hours.

Blackguards 2 will feature the following gameplay improvements, additions and changes:
- non-linear story plot and game progress – each decision, each route choosing causes new story twists
- ruleset tweaks and twists to make the The Dark Eye RPG system (“The Dark Eye“ – European pen & paper universe / “equivalent to AD&D in Europe”) Blackguards is based on more convenient and better accessible and understandable
- for example, magic spells will now always be casted successfully (in Blackguards 1, casting spells could fail, since the game was using the exact pen & paper rules, which included virtually rolling dice in the background, and thus the chance of missing a certain required score)
- fails & parades limited to 1 per battle and character; GUI displaying remaining availability / possibility
- improved and simplified accessibility character levelling – now direct levelling of talents, skills etc possible, base values will automatically be levelled up in Blackguards 2
- direct status display in GUI
- conquering, defense, re-conquering and plundering battle modes for each location
- difficulty level and bonus preview for each battle
- third “faction“: Mercenaries
- supporting during battle with additional troops; gaining experience and improving their battle abilities / ranks
- support while not in battle with special merchants and trainers
Prison:
- interrogations – e.g. open up new tactical options, such as additional start / landing areas, surprise attacks, additional / improved loot etc.
- interrogation techniques: Amicable, lying, torture etc.
- interrogation success depending on tactics, technique, character etc.
- failed interrogation can lead to negative consequences, such as surprise attacks of the enemies etc
- improved line of sight tool (“X“ key) – allows hit chance determination for ranged weapons, as well as virtual evaluation of hit chances from different positions
- New energy “stamina“ adding tactical depth to combat
and much, much more

Some old screenshots:

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
I'm not sure about the streamlining but the faction thing reminds me of Fire Emblem or Westnot.

Unwanted

Mr Fantastic

Andhaira
Andhaira
Wow, that's a shit fuck ton of streamlining. Why don't they just go with d20 which is freely available as per the SRD, or use the Pathfinder SRD if they want a streamlined ruleset.

Missing/failing with spells is annoying yes, but it's part of the charm of TDE.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Bought the game for £0.04. Game was £19.19 on green man gaming, and I had a credit of £19.15.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
holy shit men, the person who designed this game's prologue should be yelled at vehemently

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
the 'new' character system is terrible. a classic case of fixing what ain't broken.

FUCK, I knew it!

I cried wolf, but none o' y'all niggers believed me. God fucking dammit. Must the decline touch everything we love?

EDIT: :rage:

If this game sucks, I'm gonna whine about it endlessly!

vonAchdorf

Arcane
holy shit men, the person who designed this game's prologue should be yelled at vehemently

Well, you'll see them at Gamescom 2015 or even earlier if they decide to pamper you for being a reviewer for the prestigious magazine™.

Duellist_D

Savant
Patron
Fuck this shit and screw all those whining casual retards and their constant bitching about >muh easy Access

Another game dumbed down for the populace with to many chromosomes.

Duellist_D

Savant
Patron
Oh well.
Couldn't you Point our criticism out to them, Darth Roxor, and ask them if they might implement an optional hardcore mode without the casual shittery that dumbs down the character system?
Sort of like they did implement an optional advanced character creation just before Launch in the first game.

At least one of the Devs at Daedalic hates Casuals with a burning hot fever, so maybe there is a chance...

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't like what I'm reading, but I won't cancel my pre-order.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom