Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Black Mesa - legendary vaporware Half-Life remake finally out

racofer

Thread Incliner
https://www.crowbarcollective.com/games/black-mesa

Early december of last year they announced that on january or so the final version would be released and so far nothing. Anyone can shine some light on this project? I'm eager to replay HL + HL2/EP1/EP2, all in a row but I'm on hold since I was expecting to replay HL with this new release.

Last edited by a moderator:

MetalCraze

Arcane
I know that alpha of Black Mesa was leaked.
If you are too curious you may just try it. But from what I understand it contains only a collection of unfinished maps.

S_Verner

Scholar
Ehh.

Valve is trying to rope them into working for them but they don't want to sell it, they want it to be free, that's what I heard last time I bothered to check.

I am convinced that there is some weird reality where Half-Life revitalized the CRPG genre.

MetalCraze

Arcane
S_Verner said:
Ehh.

Valve is trying to rope them into working for them but they don't want to sell it, they want it to be free, that's what I heard last time I bothered to check.

No. In fact Valve forced them to remove Source from the name of the mod because they didn't want this mod to be associated with them by mistake, as Valve adds Source to their re-released games.

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
Dmitron said:
Ukraine is great country

The proof is in the pudding.

398px-Timoshenko-bez-kosy.JPG

Dmitron

Arbiter
We need new nationalist tags for all these ex-commie unemployed

yeah, an "unemployed" tag will suffice

Reject_666_6

Arcane
I just noticed that the Black Mesa: Source team has released a new trailer a few days ago for their upcoming release. They say that it's ready to come out this month, so a Christmas release is the likeliest outcome.

So is anybody still looking forward to this mod? Half Life: Source was a banal shit boring remake, so let's hope they did a better job than Valve.

racofer

Thread Incliner
The last time they said it was about to be released was... exactly one year ago. And after that we had no other news whatsoever about this project. Wouldn't one of the modders involved on this project be called Dashus by any chance?

denizsi

Arcane
Cut them a slack. After 6+ years in the making, several missed release dates and demos, even Out of Hell finally made it. So, a better chart would be:

Is it a mod? -> Yes
Concept Art & Some Shitscreens Only? -> Yes
-------------------------
Does it exist? No

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
Elhoim said:
I can't wait for it to be out... But I don't have any steam game =/

You mean any "source" game.

Just curious - if you hanging out for BM, you're obviously a HL fan - so how is it you don't have any source engine games?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom