Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Black Desert - Korean MMO - Tent cities, conservating clothing, Oh my

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Speaking about the looks of gear, this game has visual armor destruction when durability gets low. Kinda like destructible cars in race games. When my robe was at 20% it was stained in clotted blood and one arm was ripped off. Pretty impressive.

It would be even more impressive if the game had more then handful or armor design.

They are aware of this (obviously it's the NR.1 complaint about the Game everywhere is is discussed) and it's something they most likely wanted to change for our version but it's up to the devs Pearl Abyss to do something about it, the CM recently said on the Forums they have requested this from the devs and it's something he personally want's to see as well.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/47000-more-in-game-armor-sets/#comment-700116

The idea is to have limited number of armor in order to people buy overpriced costumes.

Drakron

Arcane
The idea is to have limited number of armor in order to people buy overpriced costumes.

Let me tell you a funny story.

Years ago Al Rivera that is STO Lead Dev said that "uniforms didnt sell" but thats not the funny part, the funny part is after that they keep adding costumes in Lobi Store.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Years ago Al Rivera that is STO Lead Dev said that "uniforms didnt sell" but thats not the funny part, the funny part is after that they keep adding costumes in Lobi Store.

You know whats even funnier, this game has 30 euros costume that I already saw countless time in the game.

tet666

Augur
Speaking about the looks of gear, this game has visual armor destruction when durability gets low. Kinda like destructible cars in race games. When my robe was at 20% it was stained in clotted blood and one arm was ripped off. Pretty impressive.

It would be even more impressive if the game had more then handful or armor design.

They are aware of this (obviously it's the NR.1 complaint about the Game everywhere is is discussed) and it's something they most likely wanted to change for our version but it's up to the devs Pearl Abyss to do something about it, the CM recently said on the Forums they have requested this from the devs and it's something he personally want's to see as well.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/47000-more-in-game-armor-sets/#comment-700116

Which may have worked in Korea but here it only pisses people off and is a totally stupid idea.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron

Which may have worked in Korea but here it only pisses people off and is a totally stupid idea.

Not to mention that the game is free in Korea, here you must buy it and have a cash shop.

In the chat for every person that complains about prices there are five who defend devs with "How else will they earn money!?!?!"

Echo Mirage

Arcane

You know whats even funnier, this game has 30 euros costume that I already saw countless time in the game.

I can't say I blame them for buying the premium armour. For a game with this in depth a character creator. Everyone looks the same and everyone dresses the same. Everyone town has a sea of blue Valkyries and brown sorceresses. If they shaved the price in half I probably would buy one as well.

Drakron

Arcane
I can't say I blame them for buying the premium armour. For a game with this in depth a character creator. Everyone looks the same and everyone dresses the same. Everyone town has a sea of blue Valkyries and brown sorceresses. If they shaved the price in half I probably would buy one as well.

I dont want those, the Ranger feathered one maybe but I didnt like playing Ranger back in the beta.

What I would consider would be the golden armor the Valkyrie have in the awaken videos as I like that one, none of what they have holds much interest even if there are a few Korean released ones I would be.

damager

Arbiter
After playing the game to death my biggest problem isn't the costumes, it is still the action combat. I had fun with it at times, while playing alone or with a friend against hard enemies where you actually had to apply some tactics to kill stuff. But as soon as you play with a group of 5 people its is just pew pew, rangers flying around the room, tamers jumping through the whole dungeon, everything is a big chaotic mess and you start to give up and just press RMB until stuff dies. Even Diablo 1 would turn in his grave seeing this.

There you have your action combat. It is just a boring mess. Every class is a damage dealer is a concept that is not working for games with group focus. This is fun if you are a 12 year old.

The "tab target systems have to die" group is a bunch of morons.

Drakron

Arcane
Mediah update tomorrow.

Group is a clusterfuck simply because people going to forget how they play, there are no real changes but because you have so many classes that have somewhat different ways to play and how combat is very "mobile" its easy to lose track and just mash the attack button, it will still get you killed if you do that, there is no dungeons so outside scroll (lv50) bosses and world bosses all you have is mostly XP pinatas, of course farming catfish is all about maximum carnage were caution is kinda thrown into the wind because you already eating a -50% XP penalty and you want to make up for time, also I would not blame Rangers for flying around the room since as far I seen, thats how Rangers play ... they need to be constant moving since they cannot take a hit (serious, this is a class were the recommended set is Heve with a +250 Hp because of the +250) so if you are teamed with a Ranger you better ignore its movement since what they do is pretty much move around, mob train and AoE their asses.

damager

Arbiter
I don't blame rangers, I blame the designers of the classes and combat. And no it won't get you killed. I farmed calpheon shrine which is one of the most dangerous areas in the game and button smashing with 5 people kept us alive very well.

Drakron

Arcane
Calpheon shrine isnt the worst thing, try being on the receiving end of a Cyclops club.

damager

Arbiter
Done that. Whats your point mate? It is still a boring as fuck system without any tactics involved. And with tactics I don't mean "don't stand in front of the Cyclops" when he starts his slow as fuck attack animation.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
Why do they keep resetting the skill bars!?!:x

This is the third time I have logged in to missing skills and potions.

Edit.

According to the forums we won't be getting one of the newer classes. The blader/Plum (Plum?) in the update.

Last edited:

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Please do post impressions and screens, man.

My first foray into it was with a sorceress, and seemingly i need the keyboard skills of an MLG Korean allstar.

Bowbitch seems more manageable for me though, and genuinely fun.

Game looks like shit outside of the character models, UI is weird as well... Nothing seems to gel looks wise.

Story and setting is guff of course.

Lhynn

Arcane
Setting is alright, couple kingdoms were at war, one won, the other is declining but the old rulers are trying to make a come back (using the power of darkness it seems). The winners are at war in several fronts with demi humans, tho i have no clue if its because the humans expanded too much or because the demi humans are a bunch of assholes. maybe a bit of both.
Story is alright to get you moving too i guess. There was an ancient civilization that has mostly disapeared and you have a piece of darkness that made it dissapear within you.
You made a contract with it and lost your memories in the exchange, youll get them back once you fulfill your part of the deal, meanwhile the darkness will give you power and guide you in order to make you powerful enough for you to get to where you need to go.

Game storytelling is vague, it understands the story doesnt matter much and its there mostly as a way to teach you about the setting and the big players. It also can be completed in any order as story quests are not chained as a whole but started independently as different arcs. They are short and give decent rewards.

Also a bit of advice, stop questing you retards, powerlevel to 50, then quest or explore, there are a lot of benefits at 50.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
There's usually a difference between casting stuff "manually" or just using the quickbar though. Some skills have different animations depending on how you cast them, usually pressing the combination of keys enables you to animation-cancel out of the cast, while using the quickbar doesn't. Nothing you really have to care about unless you're into PvP a lot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom