Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Black Desert - Korean MMO - Tent cities, conservating clothing, Oh my

Lhynn

Arcane
The pressure Jouska must be under is insane. Anyway, they basically killed their golden goose for some quick bucks but this was a couple weeks after release. Its only gotten worse and worse after that.

Drakron

Arcane
It just got whiner and whiner when people realized they were going to custom tailor it for their sensibilities.

Most of those "I quit" are the extreme hypocritical, if you agree that all of that was P2W when what changed from being be able to sell then on the Exchange? that in a week they can get less that 100m silver that is not even enough to buy a Boss Armor piece or weapon? The game issues do revolve around the grind for upgrading gear and because of how gearcentric the game is, its worst when you consider that enchantment goes from, lets take a Liverto Longsword ... AP +4, +3, +3, +2, +2, +3, +3, +5, +5, +5, +5, +5, +5, +5 and +5 were the bigger bonus are at the higher level and thats just to +15, the next bonus on +16 is +6 and then +8, its fucking stupid.

You think that is a accident to basically force people into having shit enchated gear after lv50 when mobs suddenly became Dark Souls? and yes gear does carry you and on PvP this is a death sentence ... no wonder when expansion hit and suddenly people started to walk out because what expansion? they were basically told" enjoy the next 200 hours of souless grind to upgrade your gear" just do anything there, the new area is even worst because the minimum to not be raped is +15 across the board.

And this isnt the publisher, that is Pearl Abyss ... then they wonder why they cannot retain new players, geez I wonder why your fucking expansions that are just +5 more levels of grind arent making people staying ...

Cromwell

Arcane
It just got whiner and whiner when people realized they were going to custom tailor it for their sensibilities.

Most of those "I quit" are the extreme hypocritical, if you agree that all of that was P2W when what changed from being be able to sell then on the Exchange? that in a week they can get less that 100m silver that is not even enough to buy a Boss Armor piece or weapon? The game issues do revolve around the grind for upgrading gear and because of how gearcentric the game is, its worst when you consider that enchantment goes from, lets take a Liverto Longsword ... AP +4, +3, +3, +2, +2, +3, +3, +5, +5, +5, +5, +5, +5, +5 and +5 were the bigger bonus are at the higher level and thats just to +15, the next bonus on +16 is +6 and then +8, its fucking stupid.

You think that is a accident to basically force people into having shit enchated gear after lv50 when mobs suddenly became Dark Souls? and yes gear does carry you and on PvP this is a death sentence ... no wonder when expansion hit and suddenly people started to walk out because what expansion? they were basically told" enjoy the next 200 hours of souless grind to upgrade your gear" just do anything there, the new area is even worst because the minimum to not be raped is +15 across the board.

And this isnt the publisher, that is Pearl Abyss ... then they wonder why they cannot retain new players, geez I wonder why your fucking expansions that are just +5 more levels of grind arent making people staying ...

what? I really dont get what youre saying there. what exactly did change to make it p2w? wasnt it heavily randomized before were you grinded and if youre unlucky you had to start again because the gear you got was shit?

Lhynn

Arcane
The game is gear dependant and asks for a ton of grind. You can cut on a lot more than 50% of the grind or more if you pay.

The benefits to paying have been steadily going up since release, until the situation could not be tolerated anymore.

Drakron

Arcane
Yes and NA/EU get a weird version because on KR that is by design to push people into the store, Koreans use multiple accounts to bypass the Exchange restrictions because they have a working mail system ... trade is so restricted in NA/EU that you cannot do it thus you are forced to take the endless grind road because thats it, they have ... loopholes setup in KR so restrictions arent really going to stop you.

The system always been there, if they wanted to make gear discrepancy less bad they could invert the enchanting bonus, making enchantment levels matter less the higher they are... you still would want to be +20 because it would still be a +2 at the end but instead they want to push people into get fucked with enchanting because low levels dont offer much and when the bonus start to kick in we are looking at repair bills of millions, going to +16 on a Liverto means you are looking at say about ... let me think, 2 durability so 50 x 750k, 4.5 million and that just for the +16, not counting the costs to get to +15 in the first place, you could cut 1/3 of those costs if you use tears ... and thats the fucking point of the store, shortcuts so the grind is more bearable.

And that is also 4.5 per part, we have 4 armor slots, a weapon slot and a secondary weapon slot ... awaken weapon is going to be another slot, that is 4.5 mil x 6 now just for +16 on your gear, NOT counting accessories that is 2 earings, 2 rings, 1 belt and 1 necklace even if costs in those are different.

The stupid thing really is if they inverted the bonus per level and we got +6 at +1 and then +5, etc ... people would still do it, it would allow people to be reasonable within the curve ballpark and participate in the game and they would still go for higher levels because a +2 is still a +2. its better but because of the gap you are basically bankrupt yourself to be within the curve unless you grind silver and worst, they made 1-50 leveling so easy when people reach 50 they get a wall they didnt had before and they havent really sunk enough time to stay, they bail ... the expansions makes things worst because they effectively became non-expansions, causal players get stuck in the grind loop and many will quit because they cannot progress and I seen no indication they realize were the problem is and I am talking about Pearl Abyss because they were the ones that deiced that Awakening Weapons that is another big gap will start not at lv 50 but lv 56 ... in short a expansion system that only works for not the new players but rather the ones already at the top.

And they wonder why people leave ... because they are pushed into grinding for days just so they can progress and see something else, to those retards of the community, those elitist pricks that are too busy at failing collage grinding the same mobs for 2-3 weeks is so entertaining.

Last edited:

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Nice to see that any creativity left in MMOs is killed off by azn grinding and item shop shenanigans.

Drakron

Arcane
Welp, they started awakenings now ... but ...

Its one class ... every 2 weeks ...

Now why is this a problem? well awakening are also a second weapon, not a secondary weapon ... a second weapon and they stack so we are talking about getting a shitload AP because you have a awakened weapon and that means awaken classes get a massive buff over the rest, simply put there is no way people can compete in PvP against awakened classes that it would be much of a problem, expect the game have a PvP systems with guilds.

Also they have a second daily log-in going on, well 2 exactly ... one for the low, low and I do mean low 1 loyalty you get a pack with 5 Weapon/Armor stones, 1 hard and 1 sharp shards, 1 Crom stone and 1 Memory Fragment ... this 1 per account per day as the other is a ... well its a board game, 5 tries per day with 1 hour cooldown, whatever title you land you get something.

I have to admit, they are trying but this is trying everything outside doing what needs corrected .... the gear dependence, RNG, enchanting system ... its not by giving us stuff to enchant that is going to solve the issues of durability repairing for example.

tet666

Augur
Game is far beyond saving at this point ah well at least we helped Kakao finance their Hair Salon business i guess.....

Tehdagah

Arcane
I really wanted to play this :(

How many people are still playing it? Is the P2W aspect really that bad?

Drakron

Arcane
Well its about the same outside these showers of gifts, I mean 30 days and I get some Boss Armor, of course chances are its Re Nose Armor thats the weakest but at least beats soloing the fucker and hope for it to drop ... well lets say T6's on STO gamble boxes have better chances to drop.

They been adding stuff, like a midget elephant that you can get for the low low low cost of 35m silver assuming you manage to get into Valencia to follow the steps for it, overall its been going over the same pacing with rage over P2W have been low, I still see a lot of players in Heidel thats were people use to train horses so I think its doing OK since I think I am on the least populated EU server.

Drakron

Arcane
Well maybe good news for you since they are returning the Support/Returning/New Adventurer event, last time they put a costume on the New Adventurer event rewards.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
Is there any kind of referral bonus thing? I tried the game one time before but it shat on my computer so I need to try it again before I buy with my upgraded GPU.

Drakron

Arcane
There are two, one that is "No More Soloing" Pack were someone that have a account gifts you the game and if you reach lv30 they get either 1000 Pearls or a Polar Bear Pet (their pick), since the Gift Package costs the same and works the same as a Starter Pack its pretty much gifting a Starter Pack were you get your money back (since the cost is exactly the same for 1000 Pearls, Pet is unique to the pack but would cost about the same as well) with the snag being reaching lv30 thats not too hard.

There is a Reference system but its a bit more complicated were it have two rewards tiers, one if they buy the game and another if they reach lv40, that one is bit (lot) like a Ponzi scheme since its in your interest every single pass is one were the person buys the game for maximum rewards.

I would look at their forums for someone looking to gift the Gift Pack because of course people do want the Polar Bear being only available in this form, right guess Guess Passes would be harder because of the Ponzi scheme.

Drakron

Arcane
Its actually pretty great. You just need to nonlife it to have fun.

Sad but true, the combat system is really good ... too bad about the oneshoot mechanics and the so called "convenience" of the Pearl Store that is really just there to bypass the "fuck you" mechanics, the entire system is the usual "F2P" were unless you know how to abuse the system and abuse the system you get nowhere, its really not a game for casuals and I suspect its have very little retaining since its not a question of reaching endgame and having nothing to do, its reaching lv58, hitting the XP wall, realize they are looking at months before they can actually advance and just say fuck it, since they get to lv52 pretty fast and you can somewhat push to 56 they dont really have much a incentive to stay.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
Game just got released on Steam a couple of weeks ago and there's a huge influx of players still. They also opened up +100% EXP servers for anyone with a new account up to lv56 I think. It's a good time to start

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I'm not sure why I'm subscribed to this thread, but I'm glad I've never played a pay-to-not-grind MMO or online game... with the sole exception of Warframe, but that was kiddy-tier "grinding" at best and it's going to be the last one.

Really, it was all Lazing Dirk's fault anyway for forcing me to try it against my will.

Drakron

Arcane
Game just got released on Steam a couple of weeks ago and there's a huge influx of players still. They also opened up +100% EXP servers for anyone with a new account up to lv56 I think. It's a good time to start

The Olivia channels been a thing for a while now even before, its only for new players since you get kicked after a month out of them to the other channels.

Also Blaine is wrong, there are ways to get around it but you need to know what to do and have a group ... and cash because I dont think you can effective grind lv40+ with some decent gear, you can pay and not having to deal with some of the shit, worst offender is the fucking Enhancement system since they really do bank of selling Artisan Memories but you still have to do it, even if you can make 200m silver a week by being a whale.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom