Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect BioWare Montreal's Mass Effect: Andromeda - where element zero meets trisomy 21

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
True. They also fixed bad writing, story and dialogue wheels are now lists with full phrases. Plus your choices now have different consequences.

Sykar

Arcane
Bio-games have gone through three ages so far:

1. Early Bioware - PC centric, games built by D&D fanboys for D&D fanboys.
2. Mid-Bioware. Console centric. Games built around hubs with a patented Bio-twist leading into an endgame. Some experimentation present in terms of setting
3. Late Bioware. Lost the plot. Bioware are a follower not a leader now. Games seemingly designed by a committee of SJWs for an audience that is non-existent with EA pumping out near enough is good enough product based on franchises established prior to the acquisition.

Not sure if I want to see what a 4th Bioware age looks like...

Andromederp gives you a good glimps what will follow. If you need a more graphical description:

:shitandpiss:

cpmartins

Cipher
The only fun thing in ME:A was to play a nigger and run over the enemies with my gold-pimped ride. I bought every upgrade that helped me to do it. It takes a while to clear some camps and you still have to go inside to murder and rob the few survivors of my hit-and-runs, but it was fun. I rate it 5 GTAs out of 10.

Tytus

Arcane
Bioware has removed the Denuvo anti-tamper tech from Mass Effect: Andromeda

A few days ago, we informed you about a new patch for Mass Effect: Andromeda. However, and even though it was not included in its release notes, it appears that this patch has completely removed the Denuvo anti-tamper tech.

We don’t know whether this was intentional or not. After all, we’ve seen developers rolling out patches without the inclusion of the Denuvo anti-tamper tech and then re-applying it via a new update.

But anyway, right now, the 1.9 version of Mass Effect: Andromeda is not powered by the Denuvo anti-tamper tech (though the game is still protected by ORIGIN).

Mass Effect: Andromeda joins a number of games for which the developers/publishers have removed the Denuvo anti-tamper tech once their games got cracked. These include DOOM, HITMAN, RiME and Homefront: The Revolution.

No one is buying it anyway, might as well just remove Denuvo :P

Tytus

Arcane
MEAFadept.png

It seems Bioware decided that multiplayer portion of the game had too many white people.

ilitarist

Learned
Illiterate Village Idiot
I remember some MMO had the same problem, devs updated character rendering engine and some people changed ethnicity.

Tytus

Arcane
dai-3jpg-caac70_1280w.jpg

Well at least this time characters didn't change their age after an update like it happened with Inquisition.

v1rus

Arcane
Any info on what happened with the offended staff after this mess of a game? Did they get fired, left at the b studio (Bioware montreal) or transferred to a team making Bob Dylan of video games?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ching-mass-effect-andromeda-facial-animations

Four months on, BioWare still patching Mass Effect: Andromeda facial animations

Mass Effect: Andromeda launched back in March to fierce criticism of its facial animations. Four months later, BioWare is still issuing patches to fix them.

The worst animation bugs were fixed quickly - that gun being the wrong way round, for example, along with Foster Addison looking like a shop window dummy and some of the weirder Ryder gurns.

Now, patch after patch, BioWare is combing through the game to tweak more subtle differences.

YouTuber Yongyea has been keeping track of these as each patch rolls out. Sometimes the changes are small - in others, whole scenes have been rejigged.

jpg

BioWare has edited out this angle of Ryder's face from The Tempest's introduction scene (before - left, right - after).

The latest update, 1.09, adjusts camera angles, lighting and mouth animations in a few scenes. Here's a detailed look:

With reports BioWare Montreal has been downsized and the Mass Effect series put on ice, it's interesting to see what remains of the studio still tinkering, still trying to make Andromeda better, bit by bit.

Andromeda single-player DLC looks to be off the table, but the multiplayer mode just added a new batarian character.

In before Mass Effect Andromeda: Director's Cut.

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ching-mass-effect-andromeda-facial-animations

Four months on, BioWare still patching Mass Effect: Andromeda facial animations

Mass Effect: Andromeda launched back in March to fierce criticism of its facial animations. Four months later, BioWare is still issuing patches to fix them.

The worst animation bugs were fixed quickly - that gun being the wrong way round, for example, along with Foster Addison looking like a shop window dummy and some of the weirder Ryder gurns.

Now, patch after patch, BioWare is combing through the game to tweak more subtle differences.

YouTuber Yongyea has been keeping track of these as each patch rolls out. Sometimes the changes are small - in others, whole scenes have been rejigged.

jpg

BioWare has edited out this angle of Ryder's face from The Tempest's introduction scene (before - left, right - after).

The latest update, 1.09, adjusts camera angles, lighting and mouth animations in a few scenes. Here's a detailed look:

With reports BioWare Montreal has been downsized and the Mass Effect series put on ice, it's interesting to see what remains of the studio still tinkering, still trying to make Andromeda better, bit by bit.

Andromeda single-player DLC looks to be off the table, but the multiplayer mode just added a new batarian character.

In before Mass Effect Andromeda: Director's Cut.

Now with 30% more gay sex!

NeoKino

RPGCodex Ninja
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire

2. Mid-Bioware. Console centric. Games built around hubs with a patented Bio-twist leading into an endgame. Some experimentation present in terms of setting
3. Late Bioware. Lost the plot. Bioware are a follower not a leader now. Games seemingly designed by a committee of SJWs for an audience that is non-existent with EA pumping out near enough is good enough product based on franchises established prior to the acquisition.

Not sure there is even going to be a 4th stage at this point.

Kuattro

Augur

Not sure there is even going to be a 4th stage at this point.

Cancer has four stages. Of course there's going to be a fourth.

And it seems to be well on its way.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
How the mighty have fallen. Reputation and sales ruined by graphics whores, there's poetic justice in that.

ilitarist

Learned
Illiterate Village Idiot
How the mighty have fallen. Reputation and sales ruined by graphics whores, there's poetic justice in that.

Might have been even worse.

Imagine if people raised by the idea of BioWare games are like interactive stories, like books... Would've read some good book. Imagine them playing Mass Effect after reading, say, Bradbury. They would notice cliche stories and characters resolved in the safest and most unimaginative ways with added Hollywood tropes on top. Imagine that as a root of BioWare's downfall.

Hellion

Arcane
They've relaunched the 10-hour Trial that was originally available before release via subscription to EA Origin, in case some brave souls feel like checking it out.

https://www.masseffect.com/trial

Same limitations for single-player (you can only play as far as a certain instance in the first post-intro planet), but apparently you can also try out multiplayer now.

Hell is being forced to continually replay ME:A, inspecting each scene in excruciating detail for any changes made each patch.

DemonKing

Arcane
I'll give the trial a whirl over the weekend if I get a chance - never bothered with any earlier versions so I'll be interested to see if by the 9th patch they've managed to produced something at least technically serviceable (don't think I'll be bothering to check out the gay romance options).

EDIT: I played for the first couple of hours tonight. So far It's actually been semi-enjoyable. Dialog isn't too hokey, combat is popamole but serviceable and graphics (especially on the intro-planet) are very good. The walking/running animations look pretty bad and the aliens I've met so far are pretty bland design-wise. Facial animations are surprisingly decent but I guess they've had 9 patches to get it right. No one has targeted me for gay romance yet...thankfully.

Last edited:

Modron

Arcane
I remember some MMO had the same problem, devs updated character rendering engine and some people changed ethnicity.
Didn't the Conan mmo give every woman a breast reduction on accident in one of its' earlier patches?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom