Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect BioWare Montreal's Mass Effect: Andromeda - where element zero meets trisomy 21

J1M

Arcane
Suggesting that their dumb opinions are primarily due to shilling is giving them too much credit.

Mustawd

Aren't Extra Credits the guys who were found out to be shills being bought off to support games being more expensive and games as a service?

Dunno. They talk about andromeda with kid gloves, hardly criticizing them. However, the bit talking about animation pipeline in general is pretty interesting regardless.

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
Aren't Extra Credits the guys who were found out to be shills being bought off to support games being more expensive and games as a service?

Dunno. They talk about andromeda with kid gloves, hardly criticizing them. However, the bit talking about animation pipeline in general is pretty interesting regardless.
Hm, not sure about andromeda as my opinion soured on them long before andromeda released, though it was due to their history content, which I found out they were making constant errors with and censoring people pointing things out. Even more than their end of video clarifications on the videos. Nonetheless, it would not surprise me if they were paid off by EA or are doing it for ideological purposes.

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
Nonetheless, it would not surprise me if they were paid off by EA

Huh? EA owns them dude. They take their marching orders from them.
O-oh. Well, that explains it then. Doesn't surprise me if they're using kid gloves if that were the case. Never understood the attraction of selling out to EA, who are known to be arguably the most evil company in the business.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

O-oh. Well, that explains it then. Doesn't surprise me if they're using kid gloves if that were the case. Never understood the attraction of selling out to EA, who are known to be arguably the most evil company in the business.
You live the life of a king and after a decade you die painlessly.

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist

You live the life of a king and after a decade you die painlessly.
I dunno about that, I always assumed it was more akin to a life of a gimp in the basement of pulp fiction, with the promise of a big payout by the end.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The doctors sure do live king's life,workers get the whip. If people don't like their work,they could fuck off at any time.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Was curious what Ian Frazier is doing after the closure of Bioware Montreal. He has joined the army of Jade Raymond at EA Motive, the studio supposedly working on an open world action game based on new IP.

Frozen

Arcane
Did they ever fixed character creator so you don't have to play as a nigger or sand nigger?
That was deal barker for me, never mind all the other crap.
I associate dark complexion with filth.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Did they ever fixed character creator so you don't have to play as a nigger or sand nigger?

So you would happily gobble up a half pound worth of pure excrement if it was paint sprayed white? Because that's what Andromeda is.

Frozen

Arcane
No, I would pirated it out for the lolz but its impossible to go through tutorial like this.

J1M

Arcane
You could use the default appearance.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
So.... I just bought this game for 5 euros - just out of curiosity if it's really that bad. Will be interesting haha :positive:
So you not only gave EA money, you also willingly installed Origin? Shame on you, sir.

Well Origin were giving out Wing Commander 3 and 4, Theme Hospital, Ultima VII and VIII, Nox, Syndicate, Dungeon Keeper, Crusader No Remorse, C&C Generals and Red Alert 2 at various times so it was useful to get them(considering that some of the games for some reason work better in this version than GOG or Steam) So yeah....:dealwithit:

PS: Also shows sadly that EA didn't always suck dicks and allowed a lot of good shit albeit mostly as publishers though also as devs. :negative:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Today there's very little difference between the Steam, Origin and uPlay clients (if anything Steam is the most bloated and slowest of them).

People who scoff over Origin and uPlay while happilly Steaming away are just hipsters and poseurs, as simple as that.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Today there's very little difference between the Steam, Origin and uPlay clients (if anything Steam is the most bloated and slowest of them).

People who scoff over Origin and uPlay while happilly Steaming away are just hipsters and poseurs, as simple as that.

I actually like the things Uplay adds like unlockables for achievements and shit, at least it gives a point to that otherwise useless 'feature' and might make doing extra shit once finishing the game at least have some kind of extra reward. Uplay isn't the total shitbag it used to be and I can actually have it set to 'play offline' and not need to still connect to the server to 'authenticate' like half the games on Steam seem to do if you switch to 'offline' play!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom