Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bioware caught posting metacritic reviews..

Luzur

Good Sir
Storyfag said:
Befuddled Halfling said:
approximately how long before you can be rehabilitated into society, abd what lasting damage should I expect?

The proper Codexian way would not be dissimilar to that of the Imperium of Man. You will be lobotomised and transformed into a servitor, then given a job for the good of all, like making LPs :smug:

i thought we gave those a rifle and shipped them to the fronts?

"rpgcodex poisons the gaming community"

if only we did.

Blackadder said:
I'm not talking about the public perception of this, I'm talking about *our*, the codexian collective's perception of this. Hopefully, at least a few of you consider the facts of the case more important than the public perception of it when making up your opinions about it.

What exactly is 'our' perception? I don't think there is a collective perception of anything here, apart from an overall feeling that things have generally gone down the toilet over time.

The public perception is all important; 'our' perception has made no difference when it comes to CRPG's being developed, except perhaps with a few independant developers. If the public crucifys Bioware however...
K to put it this way: My post was about what is *rational* to think about this issue. I didn't concern myself with what the public thinks; that is another issue entirely and not really related to my post.

Topher

Cipher
Shannow said:
What I find surprising is that some people seem to use "everybody does it, what do you expect?" as if that were an excuse or made the whole affair less dishonest. Personally I expect PR-types, politicians, girlfriends, disclaimers, corporations, reviews, news and all the rest to be honest with me. If they fail to do so (as they invariably will) I will call them on their bullshit and make them feel the consequences where I can. Without the first part I'd a worse cynic than I am and disbelieve anything and anyone, incabale of trust. Without the second part I'd litteraly want to be lied to. Accepting that "everybody does it" without criticising them for it and making them feel consequences, is what brought us to the stage where "everybody does it".

Good man.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom