Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bioware caught posting metacritic reviews..

Hobo Elf said:
This was discovered by /v/, yet the Codex still remains as the face of the Adversary for Biofaggots.

Should the Codex use the opportunity to troll /v/ over this, or should the Codex remain silent as they are allies against Bioware?

C&C, BITCHEZ

Befuddled Halfling said:
Now here I am, at the gates of the codex, illusions shattered ... heck, even removed the Tali wallpaper from my desktop.

To enter the gates, you have to roll a rag around your head and yell "SANCTUARY, SANCTUARY". Can't help you otherwise.

Futile Rhetoric said:
Clockwork Knight said:
Hobo Elf said:
This was discovered by /v/, yet the Codex still remains as the face of the Adversary for Biofaggots.

Should the Codex use the opportunity to troll /v/
Yeah, what could possibly go wrong.

Yeah, they could spam our very organized forums an-

wait, nvm

...Well, they could post shock ima-

wait, nvm

...ANYWAY, they could ruin our prestigious reputation among other si-

wait, nvm

...maybe they could just post swastikas all over the pl-

wait, nvm

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Clockwork Knight said:
Hobo Elf said:

Should the Codex use the opportunity to troll /v/ over this, or should the Codex remain silent as they are allies against Bioware?

C&C, BITCHEZ

Why not do both? Our trannies are good at pretending to be something they are not, so I'm guessing they would be good for CovertOps.

Black

Arcane
Codex has been fighting the good fight and doing fairly well wile /v/ was drooling over tali and da1.
Leave them, kids shouldn't play on battlefields :rpgcodex:

racofer

Thread Incliner
Befuddled Halfling said:
turn_based_fanboy said:
What is /v/ ?

http://boards.4chan.org/v/

NO DON'T PUT LINKS TO THAT PLAC........ ...ARRRGGHHGUGHHTHSTSTGSHSTST
S.TSTSST.ST..........TST.S.TS.T.S.TSST........SSSSHH....AAAAAARRRRHHHHGGGG....

w8ox9z.gif

grotsnik

Arcane
Rhalle said:
blackadder said:
And the reaction...?

An overreaction.

An employee who believes in the product he worked on posts a good review on an open site.

Not a big deal, much less some grand conspiracy, tbh.

Maybe it's company policy, maybe it's just him doing a little individual promotion, but you can understand why people would get excited over it as a symptom of the larger 'astroturfing' disease (does anyone have that alleged TopWare email where an executive insisted on receiving four Youtube usernames from each employee with comments about how great Two Worlds II looked?) or as a symptom of the current 'Bioware are cynical racketeers' narrative.

Either way, I can't agree with the idea that it's an employee just sticking up for the game he made and loved by writing a favourable review, simply because copy-pasting the same review across all three platforms suggests he doesn't care about saying his piece nearly as much as about making sure as many people as possible see a glowing advert for the product. Hell, if he wanted to say he was proud of the game he worked on, he could have just written that, surely?

Clockwork Knight said:
Futile Rhetoric said:
Clockwork Knight said:
Hobo Elf said:

Should the Codex use the opportunity to troll /v/
Yeah, what could possibly go wrong.

Yeah, they could spam our very organized forums an-

wait, nvm

...Well, they could post shock ima-

wait, nvm

...ANYWAY, they could ruin our prestigious reputation among other si-

wait, nvm

...maybe they could just post swastikas all over the pl-

wait, nvm
To troll the Codex one must engage in thoughtful, respectable discussion on the merits of current RPG's, both using constructive criticism and optimism for future titles.

mahdi

Liturgist
Kotaku is giving credit for this to a guy named GatoFiasco from Reddit, not /v/.

Also, here is EA response:
"Of course the people who make the game vote for their own game. That's how it works in the Oscars, that's how it works in the Grammy's and why I'm betting that Barack Obama voted for himself in the last election."

Full story here http://kotaku.com/#!5782097/dragon-...etacritic-ea-bets-obama-voted-for-himself-too

mahdi said:
Kotaku is giving credit for this to a guy named GatoFiasco from Reddit, not /v/.

"Of course the people who make the game vote for their own game. That's how it works in the Oscars, that's how it works in the Grammy's and why I'm betting that Barack Obama voted for himself in the last election."

Full story here http://kotaku.com/#!5782097/dragon-...etacritic-ea-bets-obama-voted-for-himself-too
So.. They attempt to have obviously biased negative reviews removed from metacritic but an obviously biased positive review is just fine and dandy?

Oh, EA.. You never change.

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter

:lol:

I can see it now; Obama dressing up as a hobo and sneaking in to a small, suburban polling booth. No media. No minders. Secretly casting his ballet and extolling the virtues of an Obama administration without telling anyone who he is.

Yes. Just the same.

So.. They attempt to have obviously biased negative reviews removed from metacritic but an obviously biased positive review is just fine and dandy?

Good point.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Why is metacritic user scores, by and large, lower than other sites' scores?

*shrug*

DA2 > BG

Volourn said:
Why is metacritic user scores, by and large, lower than other sites' scores?

*shrug*

DA2 > BG

Because it was the most quoted site. Others that are enraged over the game see it, and take time to post their own views on it...and so the ball continues to roll. It is easy to sign up to, and free. Others see opinions not unlike their own, and wish to join in.

But I shouldn't waste your time. You really need to get back to the Bio boards and man the defences.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Meh. I don't post much on the BIO baords. I rather be here where I can say fuck you to everyone! Much cooler.

Volourn said:
Meh. I don't post much on the BIO baords. I rather be here where I can say fuck you to everyone without EA Edmonton taking my games off me! Much cooler.

Fixed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom