Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

BioDoc promises 'ME3 closure' in april (a.k.a. proper ending DLC)

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
In an open letter to the Mass Effect 3 fans, our estimated Dr. Ray Muzyka, co-founder of Codex favorite premier developer, promises us to give us real closure to Mass Effect 3, while working hard on --obviously-- maintaining the [...] artistic integrity of the original story while addressing the fan feedback we’ve received. It seems that all the fan butthurt positive feedback that the game is getting will be properly addressed:

Mass Effect 3 concludes a trilogy with so much player control and ownership of the story that it was hard for us to predict the range of emotions players would feel when they finished playing through it. The journey you undertake in Mass Effect provokes an intense range of highly personal emotions in the player; even so, the passionate reaction of some of our most loyal players to the current endings in Mass Effect 3 is something that has genuinely surprised us. This is an issue we care about deeply, and we will respond to it in a fair and timely way. We’re already working hard to do that.

Building on their research, Exec Producer Casey Hudson and the team are hard at work on a number of game content initiatives that will help answer the questions, providing more clarity for those seeking further closure to their journey. You’ll hear more on this in April. We’re working hard to maintain the right balance between the artistic integrity of the original story while addressing the fan feedback we’ve received. This is in addition to our existing plan to continue providing new Mass Effect content and new full games, so rest assured that your journey in the Mass Effect universe can, and will, continue.

Mass Effect 4? Or Mass Effect Online? April Fools joke? Discuss!

R00fles!

Emily

Arcane
So now biodrones not only get to suck bio cock for 60$, they also get to enjoy it now and ask for more, for only 19,99$
" Bio i LUV you sooooo much, thanks for brining back my No1 hero ever SHEPARD!!!!! LUV YOU BIO!!! <3 <3 <3"-random bio clone
" Bio such an frendlly company, alyways CARES about its fans"- random bio mass
" Bio has set a new standard as an caring company, more devs need to look up to bio"-ign

Oesophagus

Arcane
So, BiowarEA piss off their fanbase, and as punishment they get to sell them more shit.

This is in addition to our existing plan to continue providing new Mass Effect content and new full games

Shit, if they got in a good writer or two, the ME setting ain't half bad for a sci-fi rpg. At least one that has some value.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
Sorry Ed, I'll ask a mod to move the thread to its proper section.

serch

Magister
If they pull this off and manage to sell them the endgame in a separate packet, as they are already doing with party members, I'm gonna die of loling. Biodocs fighting the good fight against Kickstarter revolutionaries.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
This is good news. It shows Bioware cares, unlike Obsidian who got stuck with shitty publishers who don't fund content packs and patches.

:P

20 Eyes

Liturgist
Make a game for lonely sexual deviants that ends on a downer:
"BAWWW!!! Shit game! Shit ending! ;_;"

Later promise DLC that has "the real ending this time" for only $19.99:
"Bioware... I love you. Thank you for reuniting me with Talisan ;_; (tears of joy, this time)"

Fucking brilliant. You know this is going to make millions just so the waifu-fags can see ME3 end with Shepherd and Alien X locked in a kiss.

CreamyBlood

Arcane
What a joke, how delicately worded those paragraphs were. How much did that cost his writers? I can't imagine how it would feel becoming a bitch to such a group of sycophants. They all deserve each other. A perfect symbiosis, rotworms feeding on each other into perpetuity.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I personally can't wait when they release the alternate ending and everybody says they liked the old one better.

Achilles

Arcane
If the "proper ending" DLC is not free, then people should be up in arms. Alas, I see most of them being thankful to Bioware for "listening to its fans".

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
This is exactly why I do not see a "proper ending" release. I think we're going to see extra adventures after the story's conclusion, which is going to make the biofans rage even more ; for it will mean that whatever ending they chose, it will be of no consequence.

Oesophagus

Arcane
If the "proper ending" DLC is not free, then people should be up in arms. Alas, I see most of them being thankful to Bioware for "listening to its fans".
Free? Silly man, they've taken their whole fanbase hostage, and they're not even asking to be freed. They just want to see their waifu again. Wouldn't you pay 19,99 $ to see your wife again? :troll:

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

So the 'proper endings' were already done from the beginning!

Shitty ending --> fan butthurt --> massive free media coverage --> Bioware listening to 'fan feedback' --> Bioware releasing the original endings as paying DLC --> Biodrones claiming 'Bioware is teh best developer evar!'

Did I miss something?

Isn't amazing what they did? I'm almost in awe here! I think... I think I like them now :salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom