Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Ovplain

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
You get crap like Rome 2 and Ryse but not Witcher 3 dlcs?

Steam sale's not over and I'M FLUSH WITH CASH!

Not to derail the thread too much, but is Rome 2 STILL crap? I was kinda hoping at least the major bugs 'n shit were fixed. Always liked the Total War games, especially the original Rome: Total War. But I'm not really a nut about it, I just wanna play a SOLID grand campaign with one of the Greek states. I don't know. I think I'll be fine.

Atchodas

Augur
State of Decay 'remake,' is 15% off. Fifteen percent. This is a game I bought a couple of years ago from Steam for 75% off. They announced a sequel coming early 2017. They put the first one up for... 15% off. Dark Souls 3 is 25% off and it released, what, three months ago?
Undead Labs is trully the worst games developer ever and they should burn in hell , seriously they managed to succeed with half assed console port (Original SOD and its DLC's) , rereleased it for 3rd time as YOSE , still charging full price , dropping support ( YOSE support was dropped and it still has plenty of bugs and issues) , announcing SOD2 and still trying to cash out from YOSE with pathetic 15% off , microsoft soldouts nothing else , its so sad that SOD has no future with these devs , im surely pirating SOD2

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
What kind of games are u looking for?

I honestly have no idea. I have a better idea of what I'm not looking for than the opposite.

I feel like I'm browsing in the game section of some supermart...except the aisle goes on and on forever.

Ovplain

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
Is L.A. Noire worth anything? It's -80% and the idea behind it seems pretty cool, so I'm vaguely tempted if the detective angle and the adventure game elements about it are well-enough done. On the other hand, if the cases/quests/missions/whatever are very linear, or there's a lot of cover shooting, I'll lose all of my interest right away. I really don't know anything about the game aside from the fact that Stan criticized its C&C in South Park.

For 6 fucking €, it's fucking worth it. I predict you won't lose your interest RIGHT away, but sooner or later, you will though. The noir-feel is great, the music's great, the story keeps you invested, the dialogue feels pretty authentic, the facial animation is still crazy and the detective stuff's pretty cool. The detective stuff's pretty cool, but it starts repeating itself and is quite linear. So sooner or later you'll definitely lost interest.

Go watch LA Confidential or Chinatown or some shit like that. If you like that shit, buy LA Noire.

mastroego

Arcane
opinions on these games?

Atlantic fleet: $4.99
Astrox: $4.99
Star Nomad 2: $9.74 (anyone, can u compare this to voidexpanse?)
Space Run Galaxy: $16.99
Talisman: $4.49
Wargame: Red Dragon: $11.99
Void Destroyer: $5.99
Slient Hunter III: $4.99
Nexus: The Jupiter Incident: $2.49
King Arthur: The RPG Wargaqme: $2.49
The Red Soltice: $7.99
Offworld Trading Company: $19.99
Titan Quest+expansion: $4.99

So far I am leaning to get Astrox, Wargame:Red Dragon, Void Destroyer, Silent Hunter, Nexus: Jupiter Incident, and Titan Quest, but could change my mind and add or remove based on any strong opinions people might have.

Any comment on any of these games would be welcome, TIA
I would get Talisman, Gold Pack (past and future expansions). Granted, it's 30$, not 5$.
It's a delightful game, there are several expansions already and more are coming.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Is L.A. Noire worth anything? It's -80% and the idea behind it seems pretty cool, so I'm vaguely tempted if the detective angle and the adventure game elements about it are well-enough done. On the other hand, if the cases/quests/missions/whatever are very linear, or there's a lot of cover shooting, I'll lose all of my interest right away. I really don't know anything about the game aside from the fact that Stan criticized its C&C in South Park.

For 6 fucking €, it's fucking worth it. I predict you won't lose your interest RIGHT away, but sooner or later, you will though. The noir-feel is great, the music's great, the story keeps you invested, the dialogue feels pretty authentic, the facial animation is still crazy and the detective stuff's pretty cool. The detective stuff's pretty cool, but it starts repeating itself and is quite linear. So sooner or later you'll definitely lost interest.

Go watch LA Confidential or Chinatown or some shit like that. If you like that shit, buy LA Noire.

Just go watch LA Confidential and be done with it. No need to waste 6 funny monies on it when you can buy a better game.

Starwars

Arcane
Decided to get Life is Strange, Thea, and Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky so far. Have quite a few more on my wishlist but might as well wait until they go down even more in price since I'm in no real hurry to play them.

Tom Selleck

Arcane
Is there a way to see if a game is on steam but not gog without manually searching gog for each one?

mastroego

Arcane
I've spent about 30€ so far.
I still have to get Rise of the Tomb Rider.
I'm not sure if I "should" get This War of Mine too.

Then I'll call it quits anyway, I'll have games for a while.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Shovel Knight is very good. Even replaying the game with the second (completely different) character is very fun.

Space Insect

Arcane
I got a few Kodex Klassics that I had for some reason not gotten for a while. I got the x-com pack and Wizardry 6, 7, 8 for something around $6.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom