Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

DramaticPopcorn

I0PWM6t.png

Y/N ?

DaveO

Erudite
I'll look over all the stuff on sale again next week, but $5 and under has been my price point. At the moment, I don't anticipate spending much more than $25 on the sale.

Astral Rag

Arcane
So far I've spent the princely sum €4.25.

I've added these to my Steam library:

Call of Cthulhu: Prisoner of Ice € 1.50

Call of Cthulhu: Shadow of the Comet €1.50

Stalingrad €1.25

Ovplain

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
Fucking Steam Sale.:/ Blew 120€ on it this morning, before going to work.

:what:

Shovel Knight, Total War: Rome II, Total War: Rome II - Wrath of Sparta, Total War: Rome II - Greek States Culture Pack, Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition, Ryse: Son of Rome, The Age of Decadence, Wolfenstein: The New Order, Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition, Undertale and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.:/

Wulfstand

Prophet
Are there any chances for Metal Gear Solid 5 going anywhere below 10 euros during this sale?

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
There are no longer any daily discounts, it's going to remain at the price it is now until the end of the sale.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What is the closest thing to Shadowrun games (in terms of setting and not-too-complex gameplay) that I can buy for under $15? Already got Invisible Inc. but I'm not sure how similar they are.
Anyone? :salute: I've been looking at Satellite Reign but it seems like the game is more combat-oriented rather than story telling.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What is the closest thing to Shadowrun games (in terms of setting and not-too-complex gameplay) that I can buy for under $15? Already got Invisible Inc. but I'm not sure how similar they are.
Anyone? :salute: I've been looking at Satellite Reign but it seems like the game is more combat-oriented rather than story telling.

Satellite Reign and Invisible Inc are both primarily tactical combat games AFAIK. I don't think there's another story-driven isometric cyberpunk RPG like Shadowrun. Maybe you'd like Transistor but that's also a different kind of thing.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron

Shovel Knight, Total War: Rome II, Total War: Rome II - Wrath of Sparta, Total War: Rome II - Greek States Culture Pack, Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition, Ryse: Son of Rome, The Age of Decadence, Wolfenstein: The New Order, Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition, Undertale and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.:/

You get crap like Rome 2 and Ryse but not Witcher 3 dlcs?

You get crap like Rome 2 and Ryse but not Witcher 3 dlcs?

oops, did not mean to reply to anyone in particular, meant to just make a general comment ...

opinions on these games?

Atlantic fleet: $4.99
Astrox: $4.99
Star Nomad 2: $9.74 (anyone, can u compare this to voidexpanse?)
Space Run Galaxy: $16.99
Talisman: $4.49
Wargame: Red Dragon: $11.99
Void Destroyer: $5.99
Slient Hunter III: $4.99
Nexus: The Jupiter Incident: $2.49
King Arthur: The RPG Wargaqme: $2.49
The Red Soltice: $7.99
Offworld Trading Company: $19.99
Titan Quest+expansion: $4.99

So far I am leaning to get Astrox, Wargame:Red Dragon, Void Destroyer, Silent Hunter, Nexus: Jupiter Incident, and Titan Quest, but could change my mind and add or remove based on any strong opinions people might have.

Any comment on any of these games would be welcome, TIA

Mustawd

Pass on Titan Quest. It's a boring ARPG with a shit ton of reskinned copypasta enemies.

From my steam review:

This game was such a chore to finish it literally felt like my second job. But after getting 5 hours in, I just had to beat it. I blame my completionist tendencies. The worst part is that I basically played the first 5 hours over and over and over again. That's how copypasta this thing is.

And the end game? Jesus F Christ. I've never seen so much HP bloat in my life. It was apparently made even harder for the version on Steam. Finally beat it after my stock of Mana and Health potions went down to 15 or so from the original 100. And the ending was so ♥♥♥♥ing underwhelming. I mean it's an ARPG, but for the sheer boredom in finishing this thing you'd think the devs would offer to come over and suck your genitalia or something.

Well congrats Titan Quest. You have broken my 8 month long ARPG fever. I played 56 hours of Torchlight and it was so fun. I replayed Diablo and still had tons of entertainment. I even enjoyed the art in Bastion. But you take the cake Titan Quest. You wasted 52 hours of my precious time and took advantage of my completion tendencies. I don't think I'll be playing an ARPG anytime in the next couple of months. Thanks.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
I like the King Arthur RPG Wargame,I got in a sale for a similar low price,I think it's worth it

pippin

Pass on Titan Quest. It's a boring ARPG with a shit ton of reskinned copypasta enemies.

From my steam review:

This game was such a chore to finish it literally felt like my second job. But after getting 5 hours in, I just had to beat it. I blame my completionist tendencies. The worst part is that I basically played the first 5 hours over and over and over again. That's how copypasta this thing is.

And the end game? Jesus F Christ. I've never seen so much HP bloat in my life. It was apparently made even harder for the version on Steam. Finally beat it after my stock of Mana and Health potions went down to 15 or so from the original 100. And the ending was so ♥♥♥♥ing underwhelming. I mean it's an ARPG, but for the sheer boredom in finishing this thing you'd think the devs would offer to come over and suck your genitalia or something.

Well congrats Titan Quest. You have broken my 8 month long ARPG fever. I played 56 hours of Torchlight and it was so fun. I replayed Diablo and still had tons of entertainment. I even enjoyed the art in Bastion. But you take the cake Titan Quest. You wasted 52 hours of my precious time and took advantage of my completion tendencies. I don't think I'll be playing an ARPG anytime in the next couple of months. Thanks.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198142929427/recommended/4540/

I enjoy the game, in fact I probably spend to much of my free ttime playing it -- my wife feels I should spemd more tme in exercising and making sure I can stay well ( I am 87 yeqrs old and mostly retired)

I look forward to compleing the Quest and starting on the harder quests -- I am nor at level 41 and still going strong.

Edgar H Sibley

Last seen 523 days ago

Explorerbc

Arcane
Is L.A. Noire worth anything? It's -80% and the idea behind it seems pretty cool, so I'm vaguely tempted if the detective angle and the adventure game elements about it are well-enough done. On the other hand, if the cases/quests/missions/whatever are very linear, or there's a lot of cover shooting, I'll lose all of my interest right away. I really don't know anything about the game aside from the fact that Stan criticized its C&C in South Park.

If you like detective/noir stories buy the game, you won't find anything like it.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I have managed (through some effort, actually) to spend a kingly sum of $10 on this sale.

Far too many titles on my meager Wishlist actually ended up not getting any discounts for the sale.

That's one of the reasons I'm actually using the Discovery Queue - to see if there are any hidden gems lurking in the swamps of shovelware out there.

Mustawd

That's one of the reasons I'm actually using the Discovery Queue - to see if there are any hidden gems lurking in the swamps of shovelware out there.

What kind of games are u looking for?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom