Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
State of Decay 'remake,' is 15% off. Fifteen percent. This is a game I bought a couple of years ago from Steam for 75% off. They announced a sequel coming early 2017. They put the first one up for... 15% off. Dark Souls 3 is 25% off and it released, what, three months ago?
Hell even D44M, which came out last month and was on top sales the entire time, is 40% off.

That's just a sign that it sold way below expectations, which the sudden release of a "one-week exclusive"* (*not actually one-week exclusive) demo might already have told us.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
^ Probably that. There's also a demo. The only other Bethesda game in recent history that had a demo was Evil Within which flopped.

Jinn

Arcane
So far I got Elminage Gothic for $3 and Sword of the Stars - Complete Collection for $2.50

Pretty good. Sale seems underwhelming as usual, but that's probably more because I have most of the games I want already. Eagerly checking this thread for any good ideas, though!

Last edited:

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What is the closest thing to Shadowrun games (in terms of setting and not-too-complex gameplay) that I can buy for under $15? Already got Invisible Inc. but I'm not sure how similar they are.

mastroego

Arcane
Talisman is -70% (the Gold Pack -50%).
Should have waited, I bought it almost at full price.
Well, ok, honestly, I wanted to support.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Bought One Finger Death Punch for 2,5 euros and after playing it for an hour I have to say it's fucking awesome,get it

:5/5:

11206.jpg

It was already in bundle with Stalker and some other games.

Other sites that bundle stuff and have good promotions from time to time on interesting titles spoiled me and I don't see anything that I really should be. Considering how big is my backlog already I think I can wait longer for that sweet 75 % deal. The prices of games are getting lower in a shorter time period and everyone just want to sell more keys after everything quites down on release. Just check the bundle thread and a couple of sites and you can forget about the steam sales.

Astral Rag

Arcane
The Masterplan is on sale for 4 €uros. I wonder if it's any good, we have a thread but it's not all that informative.

edit: Apparently the game has some serious bugs and the devs have gone bankrupt...

Last edited:

Gord

Arcane
So I wanted to do the reasonable thing and use the summer sale to farm some cards and sell them.

"Sale offers are held back for 15 days unless you are using the Steam mobile authenticator for at least 7 days"

:rage:

Gaaaaabeeeeeeeeeeeeen! :negative:

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
Is L.A. Noire worth anything? It's -80% and the idea behind it seems pretty cool, so I'm vaguely tempted if the detective angle and the adventure game elements about it are well-enough done. On the other hand, if the cases/quests/missions/whatever are very linear, or there's a lot of cover shooting, I'll lose all of my interest right away. I really don't know anything about the game aside from the fact that Stan criticized its C&C in South Park.

DramaticPopcorn

Men I will buy you an expansion pass for witcher 3 on steam and trade it for gog version, 100% no scam

Astral Rag

Arcane
Is L.A. Noire worth anything? It's -80% and the idea behind it seems pretty cool, so I'm vaguely tempted if the detective angle and the adventure game elements about it are well-enough done. On the other hand, if the cases/quests/missions/whatever are very linear, or there's a lot of cover shooting, I'll lose all of my interest right away. I really don't know anything about the game aside from the fact that Stan criticized its C&C in South Park.

Missions are very linear and the action sequences and "adventure game" aspects are 100% popamole, there are no real puzzles.

The city is rather small (no beaches :roll: ) but otherwise very well-realized if a little lifeless. The game has almost no open-world gameplay, your character doesn't have a "home", there are never multiple "quest givers", the story just moves from one case to the next. There are hidden cars and newspapers to be found and there are also optional Street Crimes but these are very short and very easy.

The acting is really good and the music and sound design are great too. The game still looks decent to me but the engine is locked at 30fps, which makes the driving and the already boring action sequences feel even lamer. The facial tech is impressive and I think it's a shame they didn't reuse it for GTA V. Cars are well-modeled but the game doesn't have a cockpit camera.

There are some interesting cases (storywise that is because they all solve themselves) but the overarching story was a bit meh IMO. I also disliked the way the interrogation system worked because I thought it was very unpredictable and often made little sense.

If you get this expecting a modern Police Quest or a typical R* open-world game you'll be very disappointed but if you're a sucker for the setting and can enjoy some virtual tourism you'll probably get some enjoyment out of this.

Oh, and the game comes with Rockstar's proprietary DRM.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom