Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Mustawd

Is steam store down for you guys?

edit: nevermind

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Anyone remember this game http://store.steampowered.com/app/295850/ I opened a topic about it when it was released ages ago. Well recently I got a foil card from it and sold it for 10 euros and with few more cards I earned almost 12 euros from it, while the games costs 1 euro.

I cant guarantee anyone getting the foil card but for 1 euro it might be worth the gamble.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Anyone remember this game http://store.steampowered.com/app/295850/ I opened a topic about it when it was released ages ago. Well recently I got a foil card from it and sold it for 10 euros and with few more cards I earned almost 12 euros from it, while the games costs 1 euro.

I cant guarantee anyone getting the foil card but for 1 euro it might be worth the gamble.
Played through it now to test the replayability and it was cooler than last time. Good way to spend 20 mins.

toroid

Arcane
Arcen Games' Starward Rogue is 50% off. I'd describe it as an Arcen remake of Binding of Isaac with more guns and robots and bullet hell. It's pretty good and worth six bucks, imo.

Last edited:

DramaticPopcorn

Youy know the saying how something wouldn't be worth it even if it came free? Well this is certainly the case.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Youy know the saying how something wouldn't be worth it even if it came free? Well this is certainly the case.

:butthurt:

I did a very thorough playthrough of Wasteland 2 last month. It's not perfect by any means, but it's still enjoyable if you take the time to explore it.

Yes, the skill system is unbalanced.
Yes, the game pulls :troll: moments on you.
Yes, it's still bug-ridden and in need of patching. (NPCs speaking lines that have no relation to the circumstances at hand, game crashing because Unity says No, etc.)
Yes, it has one of the best post-apocalyptic atmospheres I've come across (Disclaimer: Haven't played any of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R games.)

But this is a game that's clearly a labour of love, not designed by a soulless committee of business suits.

Maybe the difference is that I played the original Wasteland back in the day and could recognize many of the references, I dunno.

But a free weekend of the game? The PERFECT time to get a feel for the game and find out for yourself.

sullynathan

Arcane
Call of pripyat is the best one. You don't really need to play the rest.
Shadow of Chernobyl was the best one, as it had a decent story and was the most "mysterious" of them all.
I don't care about story in this fps. Chernobyl had worse UI, factions, repetitive respawning quests and worse faction systems and glitches.
I'd rather play call of pripyat again.

lightbane

Arcane
https://www.indiegala.com/friday
Most of it are trash average indie games, but between these there's Waste Walkers, which IIRC is a fine post-apocalyptic, survival focused RPG. It's been made with RPG Maker though, so if you loathe that program, stay away.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

:butthurt:

I did a very thorough playthrough of Wasteland 2 last month. It's not perfect by any means, but it's still enjoyable if you take the time to explore it.

Yes, the skill system is unbalanced.
Yes, the game pulls :troll: moments on you.
Yes, it's still bug-ridden and in need of patching. (NPCs speaking lines that have no relation to the circumstances at hand, game crashing because Unity says No, etc.)
Yes, it has one of the best post-apocalyptic atmospheres I've come across (Disclaimer: Haven't played any of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R games.)

But this is a game that's clearly a labour of love, not designed by a soulless committee of business suits.

Maybe the difference is that I played the original Wasteland back in the day and could recognize many of the references, I dunno.

But a free weekend of the game? The PERFECT time to get a feel for the game and find out for yourself.
You're on some A-side meth. Wasteland: 2 was fucking trash, garbage.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom