Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
So anything worth getting from the Weabooend special?

What I'd probably get if I didn't have already:

Grisaia at -50%
G-senjou no Maou at -30%
Astebreed -70%
Ether Vapor Remaster -50%
Sunrider: Liberation Day -25%
Clannad -50%

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
puenvNP.jpg

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Hatred
twin-stick shooter,
The fuck? I though that game from potatoland (PC centric) is not designed for pads.
Is that really hard to make anything better than Sigma games (Alien Shooter etc)? Wanted to play something new but either it's colorful like anime or indie pixel diarrhea or the friggin twin-stick control.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Hatred
twin-stick shooter,
The fuck? I though that game from potatoland (PC centric) is not designed for pads.
Is that really hard to make anything better than Sigma games (Alien Shooter etc)? Wanted to play something new but either it's colorful like anime or indie pixel diarrhea or the friggin twin-stick control.
wut

The controls look like alien shooter. That's what that type of shooter is called now.

Mozg

Arcane
I had no idea Hatred wasn't some Postal-style FPS.

You can usually play twin-stick shooters with WASD as one "stick" and the mouse as the other (and in fact they're generally better that way). The genre name is just a throwback to shit like Smash TV.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
wut

The controls look like alien shooter. That's what that type of shooter is called now.
Really? Didn't know that was the name of the genre.
Still - I don't buy it. I had hard time seeing anything on the videos from gameplay, I'm triggered by effects in games that make visibility worse. That's why I always disable fancy graphic options even though I have good GPU.

pippin

That was the thing with Hatred and why it died so quickly after the controversy. It's a subpar Postal 1, and it's not like Postal 1 was that great to begin with.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
The first game to use twin sticks was Robotron 2084, and everyone with half a brain at least refers that game when describing those kind of controls.

But you young whippersnappers wouldn't be able to point out Robotron at an arcade anyway, so you can just wallow in your ignorance and git off ma lawn.

DramaticPopcorn

Snatched Daedalic Adventure Bundle, let's hope I'll get to play it sometime in the coming millenia

pippin

Which is good, everyone should play the Commandos games. Apparently,they were recently updated for Win10 as well.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Commandos 2 is about as good as it gets. Commandos 3 is also well worth it (ignore the negative reviews. Yes the game is lacking in certain areas comapred to #2, but overall it is still Commandos and has lots of fun mission, bit more action packed too which was refreshing).

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive is much better than any Commandos game (same goes for Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood, although Desperados is the best). If you want a game like that just buy these titles, not Commandos.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
DungLords 4th edition already on sale?
On steamspy it show that somewhere around 2000 people have that game. No surprise here
What really surprise me is the score (mostly positive) and the fact that a lot of them is for people who already have previous versions.
Top5 worst RPG in history of mankind yet this happen.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
On steamspy it show that somewhere around 2000 people have that game. No surprise here
What really surprise me is the score (mostly positive) and the fact that a lot of them is for people who already have previous versions.

Ironic reviews from Bro Team fans?

Baron Dupek

Arcane

Ironic reviews from Bro Team fans?

They were doing previous version(s), iirc "MMXII" one. Unless you want to say that people were not interested in getting game from other source than Steam, then ok.
There is more than one video from them? Actually, whatever. Most YT garbage is boring anyway.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive is much better than any Commandos game (same goes for Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood, although Desperados is the best). If you want a game like that just buy these titles, not Commandos.
Much better? No. Bit better than Commandos 1, but Commandos 2 is untouchable. With that said, all of them, Commandos series + Desperados + Robin Hood are must play for fans of tactics/strategy. Brilliant games.

Dont waste time with Desperados 2 , but Helldorado (which is Desperados 2 ++) is def worth a look.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom